FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Healthy Puerh Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/395361-healthy-puerh-tea.html)

Jennifer Childers 03-04-2010 06:01 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

For any tea lover, or those new to tea--- Check out www.HealthyPuerhTea.com
to learn all about China's ancient health secret of Puerh Tea!

There are countless health benefits including:
- Boost metabolism and aid in weight loss
-Improve digestion
-High levels of antioxidants
-Reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure
-Support immune system

Visit www.HealthyPuerhTea.com for more information and many articles
& links regarding the many health benefits of Puerh tea!

Julien ÉLIE 08-04-2010 11:35 AM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Hi gakki,

> pu erh tea has a lot of health benefits. Such as, weight loss and
> promote your meobolism.

Is young sheng puerh "best" for health?
Or does it have better properties when aging?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les Français ne parlent presque jamais de leurs femmes ; c'est
qu'ils ont peur d'en parler devant des gens qui les connaissent
mieux qu'eux. » (Montesquieu, _Lettres persanes_)

Space Cowboy 08-04-2010 02:29 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

The only puer that has a medicinal effect on me is shu. I drink it
after every evening meal to settle the stomach. At one point I drank
my share of sheng. I could feel a narcotic numbing effect on my
brain. My tongue felt irritated. I could tell this tea was on
steroids. If you read the Puer groups I think there is a growing
consensus that too much is not good. One translation for sheng is
'raw'. It is picked in a tropical area and after drying steamed into
cakes. It makes sense to let the bacteria fauna work on the tea over
a period of time instead of you. If I was drinking tea for heath
benefits then I would not limit myself to one. I dont consider myself
all that healthy after drinking tea for all my life. However I do
believe I could be in worse shape if I didnt. I am drinking a white
tea with mangousteen which is the latest health rage in the US. I go
by the taste which seems to compliment the tea. If it is curing me of
something it didnt cost me anything extra. If you drink tea for
medicine youll find something to replace it.

Jim

PS At one point in time I was drinking shu as thick as soup. Now it
is thin made with half gram of shu. Its amazing how much taste you
get with so little.

Lewis Perin 08-04-2010 03:33 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Julien ÉLIE > writes:

> Hi gakki,
>
>> pu erh tea has a lot of health benefits. Such as, weight loss and
>> promote your meobolism.

> Is young sheng puerh "best" for health?
> Or does it have better properties when aging?

I don't think anyone really knows. There's lots of talk about this
topic, but much of it is just guesswork and much of it is advertising.

Why not try various kinds of Pu'er and see for yourself how you feel?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Julien ÉLIE 08-04-2010 04:42 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Hi Lewis,

>> Is young sheng puerh "best" for health?
>> Or does it have better properties when aging?

> I don't think anyone really knows. There's lots of talk about this
> topic, but much of it is just guesswork and much of it is advertising.
>
> Why not try various kinds of Pu'er and see for yourself how you feel?

OK, I will try. Though it is not easy to know what is best for one's
health for the long-term!

I thought the process of aging (for a sheng) or cooking (to produce
a shu) might alter the healthy properties of the raw sheng puerh.
But maybe, as you say, nobody really knows and it depends on the
initial quality of the puerh...

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ne craignez pas d'être lent, craignez seulement d'être Ã* l'arrêt. »

Julien ÉLIE 08-04-2010 04:48 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Hi Jim,

> If you read the Puer groups I think there is a growing
> consensus that too much is not good.

Ah, I did not know that. So it would be recommended not to drink
sheng puerh once a day but only a few times a week/month.

> If I was drinking tea for heath
> benefits then I would not limit myself to one.

You're right. Moderation and diversification are the best.
Maybe drinking and alternating several kinds of tea (white, green,
red, wu-long, etc. from different countries) should be the right
thing to do.

Thanks again for your interesting answer!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ne craignez pas d'être lent, craignez seulement d'être à l'arrêt. »

Lewis Perin 08-04-2010 05:30 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Julien ÉLIE > writes:

> Hi Lewis,
>
>>> Is young sheng puerh "best" for health?
>>> Or does it have better properties when aging?

>> I don't think anyone really knows. There's lots of talk about this
>> topic, but much of it is just guesswork and much of it is advertising.
>>
>> Why not try various kinds of Pu'er and see for yourself how you feel?

> OK, I will try. Though it is not easy to know what is best for one's
> health for the long-term!
>
> I thought the process of aging (for a sheng) or cooking (to produce
> a shu) might alter the healthy properties of the raw sheng puerh.

Probably, but to what effect? I don't think anyone knows.

> But maybe, as you say, nobody really knows and it depends on the
> initial quality of the puerh...

Don't forget the moon phase!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Julien ÉLIE 08-04-2010 06:36 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Hi Lewis,

>> But maybe, as you say, nobody really knows and it depends on the
>> initial quality of the puerh...

> Don't forget the moon phase!

:)
Yep, you're right!
And the season the leaves are picked.

And the quality of the water used (the best would probably be the one
of a spring near the plantation...).
And...

Lewis Perin 08-04-2010 07:10 PM

Healthy Puerh Tea

Julien ÉLIE > writes:

> Hi Lewis,
>
>>> But maybe, as you say, nobody really knows and it depends on the
>>> initial quality of the puerh...

>> Don't forget the moon phase!

> :)
> Yep, you're right!
> And the season the leaves are picked.

Right, they're different, though one season might not necessarily be
better than another.

> And the quality of the water used

Definitely. But once again, I'm not sure one water's better than
anothere for all teas.

>(the best would probably be the one of a spring near the
>plantation...).

Well, that's a tradition, but so is monkey picking.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

hellohello 12-04-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer Childers (Post 1460462)
Healthy Puerh Tea

For any tea lover, or those new to tea--- Check out Healthy Puerh Tea - Drink Puerh / Pu erh Tea For Overall Health & Well-Being
to learn all about China's ancient health secret of Puerh Tea!

There are countless health benefits including:
- Boost metabolism and aid in weight loss
-Improve digestion
-High levels of antioxidants
-Reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure
-Support immune system

Visit Healthy Puerh Tea - Drink Puerh / Pu erh Tea For Overall Health & Well-Being for more information and many articles
& links regarding the many health benefits of Puerh tea!

well, among many teas ,pu'er is a unique and mysterious one. it tastes earthly and has been favoured by many tea-lovers. for any tea-lovers and enthusiasts , you can log on Welcome to 5K Tea - Chinese tea, green, black, oolong, pu erh to check out more pu'er tea nad 5ktea news.