FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Dominic: Thanks for the help (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/395113-dominic-thanks-help.html)

Prof Wonmug 26-03-2010 08:25 PM

Dominic: Thanks for the help

Dominic,

Some time ago you suggested several teas from Teaspring. I bought
three of them:

Shui Xian 200 grams
Bi Luo Chun 200 grams
Long Jing 200 grams

I have now had time to try them using various brewing parameters. I
thought you might be interested in the results.

Shui Xian. You suggested this one when I asked for something like what
is typically served in Chinese restaurants. It is indeed very much
like that. I am still getting to know this tea, but so far I give it a
rating in the middle of the Very Good range. It is not close to
Excellent. For me, this is not an everyday tea nor one that I would
make in more than 1-2 cup pots. It is very similar to something from
Upton called Wu Yi Water Fairy.

Bi Luo Chun. I have not done as much with this one because the first
couple of pots had a funny aftertaste. I am still experimenting. So
far, I would rate this as in the upper Good range or maybe lower Very
Good range. It is very similar to something from Upton called Pi Lo
Chun.

Long Jing. I saved this one for last. This is an excellent tea. I can
enjoy 1-2 cups, or I can make a large pot (5-6 cups) and drink it all
day while working at my desk. So far, I have brewed it at 160. I want
to try it cooler, as you suggest. I think this will become a staple.

Given my reaction to these, do you have any others to recommend?

Again, thank you for your help and insight.

hellohello 29-03-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prof Wonmug (Post 1456759)
[...]

if you are really interested in tea,Welcome to 5K Tea - Chinese tea, green, black, oolong, pu erh , is a good place for you .
you can buy teas there at a low cost!!!

Space Cowboy 29-03-2010 03:55 PM

Dominic: Thanks for the help

God#*^n FoodBanter. Nothing worse than vendors selling their crap to
each other.

Jim

On Mar 29, 1:04 am, hellohello <hellohello.