Old 19-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Member

Exclamation cook with tea

Hi,

I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want to ask ,is it healthy?

thanks

Old 19-03-2010, 11:38 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default cook with tea

cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.

its not unhealthy
its not toxic
its not dangerous

its more healthy than 1 cup of butter,
its more healthy than 1 cup of cream
its more healthy than 1 cup of sugar
Old 20-03-2010, 01:15 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

There are plenty of tea based recipes for whatever genre of food. Id
say people are using it for flavoring and color. Plus it doesnt have
any partially hydrogenated vegetable oil :-). However I dont know what
they use in those pan fry skillets when they roast tea.

Jim

--
Tracy007

Old 25-03-2010, 12:50 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Tracy007 wrote:

I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want
to ask ,is it healthy?

Who knows?

Nobody really knows what is healthy. All the things I was told were healthy
when I was a child turn out to be bad for you, and all the things I was told
were bad for you turn out to be good.

Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
would be harmful?

But, what I _do_ know is that Burmese tea leaf salad tastes excellent.
And the best place to get it in North America is at the Mandalay Cafe in
Silver Spring, MD. which has to also be one of my favorite restaurants in
the DC area.
--scott
Old 25-03-2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

SN wrote:
cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.

its not unhealthy
its not toxic
its not dangerous

Not dangerous? Clearly you've never scalded yourself with a cup of the
stuff like I have.
--scott

Old 25-03-2010, 10:45 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

is this a seriuos question?
Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
would be harmful?

kind regards,
bonifacio barrio hijosa
http://worldoftea.iespana.es/

On Mar 25, 1:50*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Tracy007 wrote:

I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want
to ask ,is it healthy? *

Who knows?

Nobody really knows what is healthy. *All the things I was told were healthy
when I was a child turn out to be bad for you, and all the things I was told
were bad for you turn out to be good.

Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
would be harmful?

But, what I _do_ know is that Burmese tea leaf salad tastes excellent.
And the best place to get it in North America is at the Mandalay Cafe in
Silver Spring, MD. which has to also be one of my favorite restaurants in
the DC area.
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Old 25-03-2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I remember when Tobacco was promoted as a healthy habit. Wine was
associated with 'winos'. I remember my first and last bottle of
MadDog 20/20. All cooking oil was equally bad until the discovery of
polly unsaturated fats.

Jim

is this a seriuos question?

Old 29-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.

its not unhealthy
its not toxic
its not dangerous

its more healthy than 1 cup of butter,
its more healthy than 1 cup of cream
its more healthy than 1 cup of sugar
so your point is it's kinda healthy .so we can try it,right?
__________________
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.
Old 29-03-2010, 09:21 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy wrote:
Unfortunately Ive never been able to determine what dire medical
condition my last cup of tea prevented.

Tea deficiency.
--scott

Old 30-03-2010, 02:33 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Hope and connection through the looming darkness

Just watched the stunning if inscrutable film "The Magus." Quite a
contrast to Senor Quinn in Requiem for a Heavyweight, and just as
brilliantly acted.

In it, he cites as a T'ang Dynasty poem:

"Here on the frontier, there are falling leaves
although my neighbors are all barbarians
and you, you are a thousand miles away
there are always two cups on my table."

These lines are quoted all over the web, but without more definitive
attribution. Does anyone here have more precise information?

Thanks-

DM

Old 30-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Member

I am also confused after reading "cook with Tea ".but you can take tea while cooking at one side you are cooking and other side you have a tea.
Old 30-03-2010, 02:50 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ill see if I can find the Chinese character equivalent of this poem
and maybe see who it is attributed too. Ill let you know one way or
the other in the next day or so.

Jim

Old 31-03-2010, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
j h j h is offline

This is not much more information but here goes. I received that
quotation on a postcard nearly 10 years ago, and it became refrigerator
art. Attribution given is: 'Anon. T'ang Dynasty 618-906 A.D.'

The postcard was published by a Susan Branch, possibly from Martha's
Vineyard, for what it's worth. jh

Old 31-03-2010, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I just went through 5 books on Tang poems page by page at a private
university library. Its not in there. I also didnt see any other
poems on tea, wine yes. From what I understand the poems dont rhyme.
They have the same number of characters per line usually five.

Jim