Member

Exclamation cook with tea

Hi,

I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want to ask ,is it healthy?

thanks
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default cook with tea

cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.

its not unhealthy
its not toxic
its not dangerous

its more healthy than 1 cup of butter,
its more healthy than 1 cup of cream
its more healthy than 1 cup of sugar
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

There are plenty of tea based recipes for whatever genre of food. Id
say people are using it for flavoring and color. Plus it doesnt have
any partially hydrogenated vegetable oil :-). However I dont know what
they use in those pan fry skillets when they roast tea.

Jim

On Mar 18, 11:39 pm, Tracy007 >
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want
> to ask ,is it healthy?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Tracy007

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Tracy007 > wrote:

>I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want
>to ask ,is it healthy?

Who knows?

Nobody really knows what is healthy. All the things I was told were healthy
when I was a child turn out to be bad for you, and all the things I was told
were bad for you turn out to be good.

Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
would be harmful?

But, what I _do_ know is that Burmese tea leaf salad tastes excellent.
And the best place to get it in North America is at the Mandalay Cafe in
Silver Spring, MD. which has to also be one of my favorite restaurants in
the DC area.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

SN > wrote:
>cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.
>
>its not unhealthy
>its not toxic
>its not dangerous

Not dangerous? Clearly you've never scalded yourself with a cup of the
stuff like I have.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

is this a seriuos question?
> Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
> would be harmful?

kind regards,
bonifacio barrio hijosa
http://worldoftea.iespana.es/

On Mar 25, 1:50*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> Tracy007 > wrote:
>
> >I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want
> >to ask ,is it healthy? *

> Who knows?
>
> Nobody really knows what is healthy. *All the things I was told were healthy
> when I was a child turn out to be bad for you, and all the things I was told
> were bad for you turn out to be good.
>
> Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
> would be harmful?
>
> But, what I _do_ know is that Burmese tea leaf salad tastes excellent.
> And the best place to get it in North America is at the Mandalay Cafe in
> Silver Spring, MD. which has to also be one of my favorite restaurants in
> the DC area.
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I remember when Tobacco was promoted as a healthy habit. Wine was
associated with 'winos'. I remember my first and last bottle of
MadDog 20/20. All cooking oil was equally bad until the discovery of
polly unsaturated fats.

Jim

On Mar 25, 4:45 am, bbh2o > wrote:
> is this a seriuos question?
>
> > Whoever thought that olive oil and wine would be good for you and smoking
> > would be harmful?

> kind regards,
> bonifacio barrio hijosahttp://worldoftea.iespana.es/

Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
cook with tea, therefore = healthy? not necessarily.

its not unhealthy
its not toxic
its not dangerous

its more healthy than 1 cup of butter,
its more healthy than 1 cup of cream
its more healthy than 1 cup of sugar
so your point is it's kinda healthy .so we can try it,right?
__________________
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > wrote:
>Unfortunately Ive never been able to determine what dire medical
>condition my last cup of tea prevented.

Tea deficiency.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Hope and connection through the looming darkness

Just watched the stunning if inscrutable film "The Magus." Quite a
contrast to Senor Quinn in Requiem for a Heavyweight, and just as
brilliantly acted.

In it, he cites as a T'ang Dynasty poem:

"Here on the frontier, there are falling leaves
although my neighbors are all barbarians
and you, you are a thousand miles away
there are always two cups on my table."

These lines are quoted all over the web, but without more definitive
attribution. Does anyone here have more precise information?

Thanks-

DM

Member

I am also confused after reading "cook with Tea ".but you can take tea while cooking at one side you are cooking and other side you have a tea.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ill see if I can find the Chinese character equivalent of this poem
and maybe see who it is attributed too. Ill let you know one way or
the other in the next day or so.

Jim

On Mar 29, 7:33 pm, dogma_i > wrote:
> Just watched the stunning if inscrutable film "The Magus." Quite a
> contrast to Senor Quinn in Requiem for a Heavyweight, and just as
> brilliantly acted.
>
> In it, he cites as a T'ang Dynasty poem:
>
> "Here on the frontier, there are falling leaves
> although my neighbors are all barbarians
> and you, you are a thousand miles away
> there are always two cups on my table."
>
> These lines are quoted all over the web, but without more definitive
> attribution. Does anyone here have more precise information?
>
> Thanks-
>
> DM

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

No luck. Sorry.

Jim

On Mar 30, 7:50 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Ill see if I can find the Chinese character equivalent of this poem
> and maybe see who it is attributed too. Ill let you know one way or
> the other in the next day or so.
>
> Jim
>
> On Mar 29, 7:33 pm, dogma_i > wrote:
>
> > Just watched the stunning if inscrutable film "The Magus." Quite a
> > contrast to Senor Quinn in Requiem for a Heavyweight, and just as
> > brilliantly acted.

> > In it, he cites as a T'ang Dynasty poem:

> > "Here on the frontier, there are falling leaves
> > although my neighbors are all barbarians
> > and you, you are a thousand miles away
> > there are always two cups on my table."

> > These lines are quoted all over the web, but without more definitive
> > attribution. Does anyone here have more precise information?

> > Thanks-

> > DM

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
j h j h is offline

This is not much more information but here goes. I received that
quotation on a postcard nearly 10 years ago, and it became refrigerator
art. Attribution given is: 'Anon. T'ang Dynasty 618-906 A.D.'

The postcard was published by a Susan Branch, possibly from Martha's
Vineyard, for what it's worth. jh

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I just went through 5 books on Tang poems page by page at a private
university library. Its not in there. I also didnt see any other
poems on tea, wine yes. From what I understand the poems dont rhyme.
They have the same number of characters per line usually five.

Jim

On Mar 31, 9:38 am, (j h) wrote:
> This is not much more information but here goes. I received that
> quotation on a postcard nearly 10 years ago, and it became refrigerator
> art. Attribution given is: 'Anon. T'ang Dynasty 618-906 A.D.'
>
> The postcard was published by a Susan Branch, possibly from Martha's
> Vineyard, for what it's worth. jh

Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy007 View Post
Hi,

I'm a little puzzled,i read a massege,that someone cook with tea,i want to ask ,is it healthy?

thanks
well, my answer is in the affirmative.
it is not only healthy but also helpful to maintain health.
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.