FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   TEA... a solution that works for me (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/394503-tea-solution-works-me.html)

No Name 08-03-2010 03:26 PM

TEA... a solution that works for me

I've finally found a tea prep that works for me.

Got a 4-cup cone filter coffee maker.
I use it solely for making tea.
Two tsp of loose tea in the cone,
a fill of ( filtered ) water... and voila !!
A perfect pot of tea every time.
And it keeps it "at temp" too.

Now I can store the teapots, water kettles,
teaballs, and other paraphenalia..

BTW; it's getting harder and harder to find loose tea
at any of the local grocers...
and too often, internet sellers have "minimum order" requirements.
( that's how I got a lifetime supply of "Lipton Loose" )
???

Space Cowboy 09-03-2010 12:57 PM

TEA... a solution that works for me

When Im at a hotel Ill break open the teabags and use a coffee filter
to make tea. Ive been using a percolator since Christmas with my
GuangDong black. Loose Lipton from a cup isnt too gritty if you let
it sit a little longer with occasional stirring. I tell people make
tea anyway they can. Theyll find something that works for them. The
most expensive pot makes tea just as good as a styrofoam cup.
Elaborate rituals dont change the taste anymore than the finest
precision instruments. The first step in making tea is finally
enjoying a cup.

Jim

hellohello 29-03-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Name (Post 1447926)
I've finally found a tea prep that works for me.

Got a 4-cup cone filter coffee maker.
I use it solely for making tea.
Two tsp of loose tea in the cone,
a fill of ( filtered ) water... and voila !!
A perfect pot of tea every time.
And it keeps it "at temp" too.

Now I can store the teapots, water kettles,
teaballs, and other paraphenalia..

BTW; it's getting harder and harder to find loose tea
at any of the local grocers...
and too often, internet sellers have "minimum order" requirements.
( that's how I got a lifetime supply of "Lipton Loose" )
???

maybe you can try this online shop:Welcome to 5K Tea - Chinese tea, green, black, oolong, pu erh .it may be helpful to you!!!!

hellohello 12-04-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Name (Post 1447926)
I've finally found a tea prep that works for me.

Got a 4-cup cone filter coffee maker.
I use it solely for making tea.
Two tsp of loose tea in the cone,
a fill of ( filtered ) water... and voila !!
A perfect pot of tea every time.
And it keeps it "at temp" too.

Now I can store the teapots, water kettles,
teaballs, and other paraphenalia..

BTW; it's getting harder and harder to find loose tea
at any of the local grocers...
and too often, internet sellers have "minimum order" requirements.
( that's how I got a lifetime supply of "Lipton Loose" )
???

maybe you can log on Welcome to 5K Tea - Chinese tea, green, black, oolong, pu erh to find out loose tea in all kinds and large quantity. it is an amazing online chinese teashop.