Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
No Name

Default TEAPOTS

After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.

Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".

???
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article >, <RJ> wrote:
>After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.
>
>Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
>By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
>I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
>A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
>But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".

1. Use a thicker or heavier pot. Earthenware will keep the tea hotter
longer than thin bone porcelain. It's uglier, but functional.

2. Get a smaller teapot. The 2-cup Chatsworth might do it for you.

3. Invite friends over to help you drink tea.

4. Keep the teapot only for when you have friends over, and use an in-cup
basket to make a single cup of tea at a time when you're just by yourself.
That's what I do.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 28, 1:05*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> In article >, *<RJ> wrote:
> >After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.

> >Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
> >By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
> >I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
> >A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
> >But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".

> 1. Use a thicker or heavier pot. *Earthenware will keep the tea hotter
> * *longer than thin bone porcelain. *It's uglier, but functional.
>
> 2. Get a smaller teapot. *The 2-cup Chatsworth might do it for you.
>
> 3. Invite friends over to help you drink tea.
>
> 4. Keep the teapot only for when you have friends over, and use an in-cup
> * *basket to make a single cup of tea at a time when you're just by yourself.
> * *That's what I do.
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

5. Learn to love lukewarm tea. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci > wrote:

>5. Learn to love lukewarm tea. Toci

The good news is that panyong congou is very nice when lukewarm. It still
has all the flavour overtones, maybe even more so than when it's hot.

The bad news is that lukewarm lapsang souchong is like drinking creosote.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

rj"> Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of
rj"> tea. By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.

Is it too crude and unpoetic to suggest zapping it in the
microwave?

jk

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

You dont have to make a full pot of tea, just what you drink. If you
want one pot to last all day long, remove the tea leaves, and drink at
room temperature. You might find adding ice better.

Jim

On Feb 28, 8:21 am, "<RJ>" > wrote:
> After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.
>
> Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
> By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
> I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
> A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
> But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".
>
> ???

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 28, 10:21*am, "<RJ>" > wrote:
> After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.
>
> Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
> By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
> I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
> A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
> But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".
>
> ???

Use less water and a shorter steep. Resteep for next serving.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Get a Thermos. Seriously. Makes your life a lot easier.

If you want to go for fancy stuff, get one of those teapot-warmer things
where you put candles in... (e.g. something like this
http://www.elegante-geschenke.de/ima...oevchen_bn.jpg)
They look great, at least if your'e not getting an ugly one, and keep
the tea warm for a while.

Still, a good Thermos is simply a lot less hassle.

<RJ> wrote:
> After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.
>
> Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
> By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
> I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
> A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
> But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".
>
> ???

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I'd go with

1. smaller teapot
2. some type of infuser like http://www.strandtea.com/shop/tea-tiger/prod_5.html
Might find something like this locally or via multiple sites on
the Internet. (However, I have brought several from this company)
3. Buy a serving carafe like http://www.thermos.com/product_detai...atCode=PUMP&q=
I own one and it does keep liquids hot over the entire day. I
actually use a standard tea basket like
http://www.amazon.com/Finum-Teeli-Pe...ref=pd_sim_k_2
stuffed into the neck of the thermos, remove it after steeping, and
screw on the carafe's lid. Now it's hot tea all day.

cdv

Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.

Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".

???
you should add water according to the amount of you drinking.
if it is lukewarm, then you can add some hot water to it .
it is working and you can give it a try
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.

yixing teapots pgwk Tea 0 20-04-2007 05:07 AM
Imperfect Teapots Danica Tea 27 03-12-2006 03:36 AM
Teapots erin jackson Tea 21 29-07-2005 10:48 PM
Before Teapots Eric3 Tea 13 27-12-2004 11:30 PM
Before Teapots Eric3 Tea 0 24-12-2004 03:17 AM