Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default On-screen tea scenes: good/bad

Inviting: the Companion's welcoming ceremony in Firefly.

Comforting: Mrs. Bridges in Upstairs Downstairs.

Definitive ordering: Picard and his Earl Grey in Star Trek: TNG.

Ethnic caricatu Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Badly timed: Arthur Dent crashing the Heart of Gold's master computer by
asking it to synthesize a cuppa in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Ill-fated: Sen-no-Rikyu's tea-orgy with Hideyoshi in Rikyu.

Your picks?

-DM
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I talk about tea scenes in movies as I come across them. There are
rolling tanks and tea service in A Bridge Too Far. Zatoichi either
drank tea or sake before he sliced and diced the bad guys.

Jim

On Jan 10, 9:31 pm, dogma_i > wrote:
> Inviting: the Companion's welcoming ceremony in Firefly.
>
> Comforting: Mrs. Bridges in Upstairs Downstairs.
>
> Definitive ordering: Picard and his Earl Grey in Star Trek: TNG.
>
> Ethnic caricatu Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
>
> Badly timed: Arthur Dent crashing the Heart of Gold's master computer by
> asking it to synthesize a cuppa in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
>
> Ill-fated: Sen-no-Rikyu's tea-orgy with Hideyoshi in Rikyu.
>
> Your picks?
>
> -DM

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

dogma_i > writes:

> Inviting: the Companion's welcoming ceremony in Firefly.
>
> Comforting: Mrs. Bridges in Upstairs Downstairs.
>
> Definitive ordering: Picard and his Earl Grey in Star Trek: TNG.
>
> Ethnic caricatu Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
>
> Badly timed: Arthur Dent crashing the Heart of Gold's master computer by
> asking it to synthesize a cuppa in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
>
> Ill-fated: Sen-no-Rikyu's tea-orgy with Hideyoshi in Rikyu.
>

> Your picks?

The witch serving more-or-less English-style tea in _Spirited Away_, a
film that's soaked in Japanese culture.

The gongfu oolong scene in _Eat Drink Man Woman_.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /