Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default A good tisane tea for a cold

Im sitting here with an achy stuffy head cold and slight fever. Over
the long haul I have about every popular tisane ever mixed with tea.
Last night I had some jasmine blossom, lemon myrtle, orange blossom,
rose flower with greenish oolong which made me feel a lot better.
Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
cold.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> cold.

How about boiled fresh ginger root?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I think I have ginger pieces in tea. Ill have to look. Im more
interested in a tisane/tea perse not some standalone herbal remedy
with a teapot off to the side.

Jim

On Dec 27, 8:54 am, niisonge > wrote:
> > Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> > cold.

> How about boiled fresh ginger root?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Dec 27, 10:11*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Im sitting here with an achy stuffy head cold and slight fever. *Over
> the long haul I have about every popular tisane ever mixed with tea.
> Last night I had some jasmine blossom, lemon myrtle, orange blossom,
> rose flower with greenish oolong which made me feel a lot better.
> Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> cold.
>
> Jim

Ginger. Without a doubt. I've posted here a few times about it but my
mother and some close Korean friends both do the exact same thing.
Boil some coins of ginger for a good long time and then sometimes with
added raw honey, sometimes straight. It will do wonders.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ill try this a couple of days.
http://i49.tinypic.com/29nwgvs.jpg

Id really have to be sick to drink something from KSH.

Jim

On Dec 27, 10:39 am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Dec 27, 10:11 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
>
> > Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> > cold.

> Ginger. Without a doubt. I've posted here a few times about it but my
> mother and some close Korean friends both do the exact same thing.
> Boil some coins of ginger for a good long time and then sometimes with
> added raw honey, sometimes straight. It will do wonders.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Thanks. I have some of that lying around.

Jim

On Dec 27, 12:15 pm, Feranija <feranija@net....> wrote:
> Space Cowboy wrote:
> > Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> > cold.

> > Jim

> Rose hip infusion. Rose hip contains mountains of C vitamin.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Dec 27, 9:11*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Im sitting here with an achy stuffy head cold and slight fever. *Over
> the long haul I have about every popular tisane ever mixed with tea.
> Last night I had some jasmine blossom, lemon myrtle, orange blossom,
> rose flower with greenish oolong which made me feel a lot better.
> Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> cold.
>
> Jim

TGY. Commune with the Goddess while drinking moderately hot. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Greek Mountain Tea (Sideritis)

On Dec 27, 10:11*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Im sitting here with an achy stuffy head cold and slight fever. *Over
> the long haul I have about every popular tisane ever mixed with tea.
> Last night I had some jasmine blossom, lemon myrtle, orange blossom,
> rose flower with greenish oolong which made me feel a lot better.
> Does anybody else use a tisane traditionally mixed with tea for a
> cold.
>
> Jim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

What I discovered from my once a decade cold is I want something that
taste good with the tea and not something that was medicinal. Ive
been collecting tisanes over the years from my local British tea
shoppe. I must have every dried fruit and flower combinations in
existence. Even everyday dried orange peel and blossoms tasted
great. I wanted to see see something floating around in the cup that
I could eat. Citrus flowers proved to be the best for breaking
through the bad taste of a cold in the morning and dried fruits in the
evening. Tea tells you when you are getting sick and when you are
getting well. While you are sick it tells the severity.

Jim