Rick Chappell

Mike Petro > wrote:

> Listening to "Fathers and Sons" (awesome blues) while drinking
> Certified Wild Ancient Tree Puer.

The blues are definitely tea music:

Bo-Weavil Blues (Ma Rainey)
"I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
Some of them's so evil, I'm afraid they might poison me"

Or, if you prefer:

Poverty (Bobby "Blue" Bland)
"My pay goes down and my tax goes up
I drink my tea from a broken cup
Between my woman and Uncle Sam,
I can't figure out just what I am"

Just call me,

"Deaf melon Rick".
Lewis Perin

Rick Chappell > writes:

> [...blues and tea...]
>
> Just call me,
>
> "Deaf melon Rick".

Any relation to Golden Melon Puerh?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

Rick Chappell > writes:

> [...blues and tea...]
>
> Just call me,
>
> "Deaf melon Rick".

Any relation to Golden Melon Puerh?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
bruce

> Mike Petro > wrote:
>
> > Listening to "Fathers and Sons" (awesome blues) while drinking
> > Certified Wild Ancient Tree Puer.

> The blues are definitely tea music:
>
> Bo-Weavil Blues (Ma Rainey)
> "I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
> I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
> Some of them's so evil, I'm afraid they might poison me"
>
> Or, if you prefer:
>
> Poverty (Bobby "Blue" Bland)
> "My pay goes down and my tax goes up
> I drink my tea from a broken cup
> Between my woman and Uncle Sam,
> I can't figure out just what I am"
>

> Just call me,
>
> "Deaf melon Rick".

Gotta love Led Zeppelin! "Tea For One" is real bluesy
bruce

> Mike Petro > wrote:
>
> > Listening to "Fathers and Sons" (awesome blues) while drinking
> > Certified Wild Ancient Tree Puer.

> The blues are definitely tea music:
>
> Bo-Weavil Blues (Ma Rainey)
> "I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
> I don't want no man to put no sugar in my tea
> Some of them's so evil, I'm afraid they might poison me"
>
> Or, if you prefer:
>
> Poverty (Bobby "Blue" Bland)
> "My pay goes down and my tax goes up
> I drink my tea from a broken cup
> Between my woman and Uncle Sam,
> I can't figure out just what I am"
>

> Just call me,
>
> "Deaf melon Rick".

Gotta love Led Zeppelin! "Tea For One" is real bluesy

samarkand

I wish I'm from Uzbekistan, even the sound emitting from the mouth has a
feel of exoticism to it! :") Nah, I'm from plainer parts of the world,
down in South East Asia to be precise...

You are absolutely right, san francisco probably has only one Imperial
Palace that offers authentic gongfu cha style, on the other hand, there are
possibly pockets of teashops all over America that offer lessons in gongfu
cha that are more art than substance. I happened to wander into one such
shop in a subsurb mall in Vancouver, the shopowner was entertaining some
customers and a full regalia of tea paraphernalia was used, which she
claimed one must have in order to enjoy tea 'properly'.

I would like to see tea drunk on its own merits, without all the unnecessary
steps, as simple as possible (er, but not teabags...), so that one can focus
on tea (erh, C Sinensis, that is...), and not be distract by the teaware.

Oh dear, I think I just called myself a fundamentalist...

Danny

"Alex Chaihorsky" > wrote in message
. com...
> > Gongfu tea style has moved out of its humble origins and evolved into a
> > flowery art form which is so enticing to the westerners, are you one of
> > them?

> I do not think gong fu in America "evolved" into anything flowery mostly
> because tea culture does not exist here. Tea houses here are rare,
> traditional Chinese teahouses are very few (may be 10-20 in the whole US),
> probably 90% or so of tea is drunk with ice.
> Europe, Russia and may be Central Asia are different, but US? I follow a
> very good Russian tea site and thing I hear about tea clubs in Russia are
> mind-boggling. They evolved into something decadent and extreme
> pseudo-sophisticated. Which is normal - how else you are going to charge
> $200 for a teapot of tea?
> The whole Bay Area with its hundresds and hundreds of Chinese and Japanese
> restorants has how many traditional Chionese teahouses that offer gong fu?

> know one - Imperial Palace. And the gongfu there is very humble and

simple,
> as a matter of fact one has to ask for wenxiangbei, they do not include

them
> by default.
>
> Hey, is there a meaning to your nick "samarkand"? Are you writing to us

from
> Uzbekistan?
>
> Sasha.

samarkand

I wish I'm from Uzbekistan, even the sound emitting from the mouth has a
feel of exoticism to it! :") Nah, I'm from plainer parts of the world,
down in South East Asia to be precise...

You are absolutely right, san francisco probably has only one Imperial
Palace that offers authentic gongfu cha style, on the other hand, there are
possibly pockets of teashops all over America that offer lessons in gongfu
cha that are more art than substance. I happened to wander into one such
shop in a subsurb mall in Vancouver, the shopowner was entertaining some
customers and a full regalia of tea paraphernalia was used, which she
claimed one must have in order to enjoy tea 'properly'.

I would like to see tea drunk on its own merits, without all the unnecessary
steps, as simple as possible (er, but not teabags...), so that one can focus
on tea (erh, C Sinensis, that is...), and not be distract by the teaware.

Oh dear, I think I just called myself a fundamentalist...

Danny

"Alex Chaihorsky" > wrote in message
. com...
> > Gongfu tea style has moved out of its humble origins and evolved into a
> > flowery art form which is so enticing to the westerners, are you one of
> > them?

> I do not think gong fu in America "evolved" into anything flowery mostly
> because tea culture does not exist here. Tea houses here are rare,
> traditional Chinese teahouses are very few (may be 10-20 in the whole US),
> probably 90% or so of tea is drunk with ice.
> Europe, Russia and may be Central Asia are different, but US? I follow a
> very good Russian tea site and thing I hear about tea clubs in Russia are
> mind-boggling. They evolved into something decadent and extreme
> pseudo-sophisticated. Which is normal - how else you are going to charge
> $200 for a teapot of tea?
> The whole Bay Area with its hundresds and hundreds of Chinese and Japanese
> restorants has how many traditional Chionese teahouses that offer gong fu?

> know one - Imperial Palace. And the gongfu there is very humble and

simple,
> as a matter of fact one has to ask for wenxiangbei, they do not include

them
> by default.
>
> Hey, is there a meaning to your nick "samarkand"? Are you writing to us

from
> Uzbekistan?
>
> Sasha.

Lewis Perin

"samarkand" > writes:

> [...keeping gongfu simple...]
>
> Oh dear, I think I just called myself a fundamentalist...

Well, tea is possibly the world's most benign religion, and besides,
strictly speaking, fundamentalists aren't really a problem in the
world today: it's the *supremacists* who cause all the trouble.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Alex Chaihorsky

"samarkand" > wrote in message
>I wish I'm from Uzbekistan, even the sound emitting from the mouth has a
> feel of exoticism to it! :")

Eah, exotic is the right word, private prisons and all
http://www.iht.com/articles/510311.html

Sasha.

Michael Plant

Alex y.com9/29/04

> "samarkand" > wrote in message
>> I wish I'm from Uzbekistan, even the sound emitting from the mouth has a
>> feel of exoticism to it! :")

> Eah, exotic is the right word, private prisons and all
> http://www.iht.com/articles/510311.html
>
> Sasha.

Sasha, my lad, what is with you? Can't we talk music, language, and art?
What's better than Uzbekistan? Come on.

Seriously, these are indeed hard times in which we live.

Michael

Space Cowboy

I think the British word 'cuppa' means 'gong fu' in Chinese. British
yin elegance is Chinese yang simplicity. I prefer the empowering
British style versus limiting Chinese style. Each pot I make is a
gong fu creation of experience and psyche. My biggest problem with
gong fu service it gets in the way of chow.

Jim

snip meister