Mike Thadman

Default nylon tea bags / expandable tea bags?

Has anyone experience the nylon teabags that has the loose leaf and
not the powders?

What was it like?

Also, are there tea bags that have enough room for the teas to expand?
Most tea bags for loose leaf that I have been able to find just don't
seem to cut it. I feel like I am not getting the most from my brews.

thanks
Space Cowboy

My local tea shoppe uses a German product called TelliFlip for orders
to go. I'll call it the 'kangaroo pouch'. There is a pouch for the
water infusion and a flap for the edge of the cup. It comes in three
sizes small, medium, large. I prefer the large for my big pots with
no infusers. The box is in German so probably the web site
www.teeli.com. You could design your own tea sock with draw string
out of suitable material. My wife made me one out of a nylon stocking
for a birthday present when the candles would still fit on a cake.
Using anykind of an infuser is a tradeoff. It's main purpose to
remove the leaves from the pot. Most of the infusers that come with
my teapots seem undersized. I've given up on infusers and brew in a
pot using a tea cup strainer or my recent modification using a french
press. The 12oz Bodum has a small lip at the handle so allow a little
extra travel lenght to remove easily from pot. You tilt at that point
to remove the filter. The larger sizes just pop straight out.

Jim

(Mike Thadman) wrote in message . com>...
> Has anyone experience the nylon teabags that has the loose leaf and
> not the powders?
>
> What was it like?
>
> Also, are there tea bags that have enough room for the teas to expand?
> Most tea bags for loose leaf that I have been able to find just don't
> seem to cut it. I feel like I am not getting the most from my brews.
>
> thanks

JB

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:37:43 -0700, Mike Thadman wrote:

> Has anyone experience the nylon teabags that has the loose leaf and
> not the powders?
>
> What was it like?
>
> Also, are there tea bags that have enough room for the teas to expand?
> Most tea bags for loose leaf that I have been able to find just don't
> seem to cut it. I feel like I am not getting the most from my brews.
>
> thanks

I have found thin wire mesh filters the best solution. If they are shaped
like the cup or mug the leaves have plenty of room. If the mesh container
has a lid it acts like a Chatsford.

JB
Tee King

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:20:50 +0200, JB >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>> Has anyone experience the nylon teabags that has the loose leaf and
>> not the powders?
>>
>> What was it like?

>I have found thin wire mesh filters the best solution. If they are shaped
>like the cup or mug the leaves have plenty of room. If the mesh container
>has a lid it acts like a Chatsford.
>
>JB

I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot
(http://www.theteatable.com/Merchant2...0001/bbn03.jpg)
that implements the fine mesh filter. It holds three to four cups of
tea nicely, and the filter is big enough to allow the leaves to unfurl
fully. I also have a nylon mesh basket
(http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~jane/images/brewbasket.jpg)
that fits either into a standard mug or a teapot that does a superb
job, providing the teapot I use isn't too large, necessitating a
larger quantity of leaf to brew the tea.

Tee
http://www.todayscacher.com
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Tee King

>I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot
>(http://www.theteatable.com/Merchant2...0001/bbn03.jpg)
>that implements the fine mesh filter. It holds three to four cups of
>tea nicely, and the filter is big enough to allow the leaves to unfurl
>fully.

Oops, sorry...make that a Bee House teapot. Don't you hate it when
the send button works faster than the escape key?

Tee
http://www.todayscacher.com
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king

cc

"Tee King" > wrote in message

> >I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot

> Oops, sorry...make that a Bee House teapot.

Either ways, that means what ? Is it a brand name ?

Kuri

Lewis Perin

"cc" > writes:

> "Tee King" > wrote in message
>
> > >I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot

> > Oops, sorry...make that a Bee House teapot.

> Either ways, that means what ? Is it a brand name ?

Yes, it is, and it appears to be Japanese.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Tee King

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:06:20 +0900, "cc" >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>"Tee King" > wrote in message
>
>> >I have a wonderful Japanese Beehive teapot

>> Oops, sorry...make that a Bee House teapot.

>Either ways, that means what ? Is it a brand name ?
>
>Kuri

I thought perhaps it was a style of teapot, with the removable, flip
top lid and filter. On googling it to respond here, I did find one
retail site that says the teapots are made at the Beehouse studios in
Japan, so it may be a brand as well as a style. In any case, it's a
well-designed teapot that appears to be quite durable, and its ease of
use makes it my favorite when making my morning pot of assam.

Tee
http://www.todayscacher.com
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
cc

"Tee King" > wrote in message

> I thought perhaps it was a style of teapot, with the removable, flip
> top lid and filter. On googling it to respond here, I did find one
> retail site that says the teapots are made at the Beehouse studios in
> Japan, so it may be a brand as well as a style.

I have seen that style of pots (and containers) in different brands. I was
just wondering if "bee house" meant a pot with that sort of filter.

>In any case, it's a
> well-designed teapot that appears to be quite durable, and its ease of
> use makes it my favorite when making my morning pot of assam.

Yeah, it looks cool.

Kuri

Gyorgy Sajo

"cc" > wrote in message >...
> "Tee King" > wrote in message
>
> > I thought perhaps it was a style of teapot, with the removable, flip
> > top lid and filter. On googling it to respond here, I did find one
> > retail site that says the teapots are made at the Beehouse studios in
> > Japan, so it may be a brand as well as a style.

> I have seen that style of pots (and containers) in different brands. I was
> just wondering if "bee house" meant a pot with that sort of filter.
>
> >In any case, it's a
> > well-designed teapot that appears to be quite durable, and its ease of
> > use makes it my favorite when making my morning pot of assam.

> Yeah, it looks cool.
>
> Kuri

Bee House makes other beautiful teapots, too. Like this larger, a bit
more European style tea pot:

http://www.tributetea.com/teapot_jumbo.asp

....or this fine kyusu:

http://www.tributetea.com/teapot_herb.asp

Besides, they also make some nice tea cups, and many kind of kitchen
containers for sugar, tea, pasta, cream and the likes.

I have two white Bee House pots like the one Tee has, and I am very
happy with them: they are both nice and handy. I use them for green
tea. I infuse the tea in the larger one (6 dl), and pour the ready
infusion to the smaller one (4 dl). (The small difference in the sizes
has only one practical importance for me: this way I can tell the
difference between the infusing and the serving pot without lifting
the lid... :-))

Gyorgy

Gyorgy Sajo

"cc" > wrote in message >...
> "Tee King" > wrote in message
>
> > I thought perhaps it was a style of teapot, with the removable, flip
> > top lid and filter. On googling it to respond here, I did find one
> > retail site that says the teapots are made at the Beehouse studios in
> > Japan, so it may be a brand as well as a style.

> I have seen that style of pots (and containers) in different brands. I was
> just wondering if "bee house" meant a pot with that sort of filter.
>
> >In any case, it's a
> > well-designed teapot that appears to be quite durable, and its ease of
> > use makes it my favorite when making my morning pot of assam.

> Yeah, it looks cool.
>
> Kuri

Bee House makes other beautiful teapots, too. Like this larger, a bit
more European style tea pot:

http://www.tributetea.com/teapot_jumbo.asp

....or this fine kyusu:

http://www.tributetea.com/teapot_herb.asp

Besides, they also make some nice tea cups, and many kind of kitchen
containers for sugar, tea, pasta, cream and the likes.

I have two white Bee House pots like the one Tee has, and I am very
happy with them: they are both nice and handy. I use them for green
tea. I infuse the tea in the larger one (6 dl), and pour the ready
infusion to the smaller one (4 dl). (The small difference in the sizes
has only one practical importance for me: this way I can tell the
difference between the infusing and the serving pot without lifting
the lid... :-))

Gyorgy

Hermes Bags,LV Bags on sale,Hermes birkin,Louis Vuitton handbag,hermes kelly,hermes Lindy Sqwertz General Cooking 1 14-05-2010 09:45 PM
Fendi 2008 New Spring Summer bags, Fendi Doctor B Bags ,Fendi spybags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-04-2008 08:21 AM
LV 2008 New bags, LV Damier bags, LV Epi bags, LV Mahina Bags, LVMonogram bags,LV Monogram purses, LV Denim bags,LV Mini Lin bags,LVMulticolore bags,LV Vernis bags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2008 11:07 AM
Using Tea Bags [email protected] Tea 39 15-12-2007 03:35 PM
tea bags Monica Tea 0 26-11-2003 09:19 AM