FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   First experience with Pu-er - 5mg dose (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/29157-re-first-experience-pu.html)

Mike Petro 25-07-2004 02:12 PM

First experience with Pu-er - 5mg dose

On 24 Jul 2004 21:44:36 -0700, (SuperBobo) cast
caution to the wind and posted:

>It's great! I got 20 little black tuo chas (100g) from Stash which I
>later realized was the most expensive place I could have bought 'em.
>But I brewed a few cups and I really enjoyed it! It brewed up sort of
>a mahogany color, dark purplish brown, and it has a taste that I can
>only describe as "extremely vegetal" .. you have no doubt that what
>you're drinking is from a plant. But it has no lingering aftertaste,
>it finishes clean and is very friendly and drinkable. Very pleasant!
>I even brewed up some for two other people who drank their entire
>mug-fulls and said it was strange but not bad.

You are embarking on a long and wonderful journey. Puer is such a
fascinating tea that you can explore forever and still experience
something new. The progression typically is that you start with black
puer, then try some green puer, then start experimenting with gongfu
preparation. BTW when you find some really good black mini tuocha it
WILL have an aftertaste, a hauntingly elusive sweetness that is
absolutely wonderful.

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply

Mike Petro 25-07-2004 02:12 PM