Nadim Audi

Default Mariage Freres

Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
their best teas ?
Thank you.

Nadim

Derek

Nadim Audi rose and spake the following:

> Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
> Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
> their best teas ?
> Thank you.
>
> Nadim

Love 'em. I get 'em from my LTS. Both my wife and I are fond of Eros and
Mirabelle. I like their Thé de Fête, and my wife is particularly fond of
Thé Sur Le Nil.

I don't know about the prices in Paris, but the prices at my local tea shop
are pretty good.

--
Derek

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to
others.
Derek

Nadim Audi rose and spake the following:

> Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
> Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
> their best teas ?
> Thank you.
>
> Nadim

Love 'em. I get 'em from my LTS. Both my wife and I are fond of Eros and
Mirabelle. I like their Thé de Fête, and my wife is particularly fond of
Thé Sur Le Nil.

I don't know about the prices in Paris, but the prices at my local tea shop
are pretty good.

--
Derek

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to
others.
nestique

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:54:46 -0400, Nadim Audi wrote:

> Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
> Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
> their best teas ?
> Thank you.
>
> Nadim

I enjoy Marco Polo vastly more than most flavored teas. However, the
another flavored tea from Mariage Freres, Sakura, which consists of green
tea, flowers and cherry, is like drinking bubble gum saliva. I've
found Mariage Freres to be hit or miss.

My condolences on moving to Paris.
nestique

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:54:46 -0400, Nadim Audi wrote:

> Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
> Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
> their best teas ?
> Thank you.
>
> Nadim

I enjoy Marco Polo vastly more than most flavored teas. However, the
another flavored tea from Mariage Freres, Sakura, which consists of green
tea, flowers and cherry, is like drinking bubble gum saliva. I've
found Mariage Freres to be hit or miss.

My condolences on moving to Paris.

Kai Birger Nielsen

In > "Nadim Audi" > writes:

>Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
>Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
>their best teas ?
>Thank you.

>Nadim

Yes, I think they are as good as they pretend to be. I haven't
tasted all their teas and I don't know which teas you like, so
it would be a hard guess. I'd probably take their Darjeelings from
one end to another if their shop was a bit closer to my home :-)
Actually I bought a couple of hard-to-get-other-places teas which
were interesting, but not interesting enough for me to want to
drink it again :-)

Their Pi-Lo-Chun was quite good, so if I have to recommend just
one tea, then let it be that one.

http://www.246.dk/teaparis.html is a list of other shops to
visit.

Kind regards
--- Birger Nielsen )

Kai Birger Nielsen

In > "Nadim Audi" > writes:

>Hi, I'm moving to Paris next summer and I would like to get your opinion on
>Mariage Frères. Are they as good as they pretend to be ? If so, what are
>their best teas ?
>Thank you.

>Nadim

Yes, I think they are as good as they pretend to be. I haven't
tasted all their teas and I don't know which teas you like, so
it would be a hard guess. I'd probably take their Darjeelings from
one end to another if their shop was a bit closer to my home :-)
Actually I bought a couple of hard-to-get-other-places teas which
were interesting, but not interesting enough for me to want to
drink it again :-)

Their Pi-Lo-Chun was quite good, so if I have to recommend just
one tea, then let it be that one.

http://www.246.dk/teaparis.html is a list of other shops to
visit.

Kind regards
--- Birger Nielsen )

jpr54_1

I enjoy some of Mariage Freres teas but the teas I find from Le Palais
Des Thes are better-They have a good selection of scented teas as well
as oolongs, greens and darjeelings-
jpr54_1

2005 Beaux Freres Vinyard PN Bi!! Wine 7 06-07-2007 02:00 PM
3 Year-Old "Boon Oude Lambic Mariage Parfait" Single-Cask Kegs for the US [email protected] Beer 0 25-05-2007 04:55 PM
Beaux Freres, 1996, TN (Disappointing) MarcB Wine 0 16-10-2006 01:50 PM
1999 Beaux Freres Dave Bolvin Wine 5 05-01-2004 07:20 PM
TN Vallet Freres Burgundy tasting Alex Hayne Wine 1 10-11-2003 09:32 PM