Space Cowboy

Default BBC - An Empire in a Teacup

Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire and tea.
You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical titbit is slavery
used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC portal has other links for
tea. I've just started to plow my way through. Here is the antithema
URL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...20040429.shtml

Jim
Livio Zanini

"Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
om...
> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire and tea.
> You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical titbit is slavery
> used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC portal has other links for
> tea. I've just started to plow my way through. Here is the antithema
> URL
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...20040429.shtml

Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

Livio Zanini

"Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
om...
> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire and tea.
> You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical titbit is slavery
> used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC portal has other links for
> tea. I've just started to plow my way through. Here is the antithema
> URL
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...20040429.shtml

Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> om...
>> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire
>> and tea. You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical
>> titbit is slavery used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC
>> portal has other links for tea. I've just started to plow my
>> way through. Here is the antithema URL
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...rtime_20040429
>> .shtml

> Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

"Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.

--
Derek

Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young.
Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> om...
>> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire
>> and tea. You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical
>> titbit is slavery used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC
>> portal has other links for tea. I've just started to plow my
>> way through. Here is the antithema URL
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...rtime_20040429
>> .shtml

> Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

"Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.

--
Derek

Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young.

Livio Zanini

"Derek" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>
> > "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > om...
> >> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire
> >> and tea. You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical
> >> titbit is slavery used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC
> >> portal has other links for tea. I've just started to plow my
> >> way through. Here is the antithema URL
> >>
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...rtime_20040429
> >> .shtml

> > Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

> "Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.
>
> --
> Derek
>
> Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young.

thanx

Livio Zanini

"Derek" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>
> > "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > om...
> >> Here is a 45 minute audio broadcast about the British Empire
> >> and tea. You'll need the audio RealPlayer. One historical
> >> titbit is slavery used to produce sugar for tea. The BBC
> >> portal has other links for tea. I've just started to plow my
> >> way through. Here is the antithema URL
> >>
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...rtime_20040429
> >> .shtml

> > Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

> "Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.
>
> --
> Derek
>
> Luck can't last a lifetime unless you die young.

thanx

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> "Derek" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini
>> rolled initiative and posted the following:
>>
>> > "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel
>> > messaggio
>> > om...

>> > Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

>> "Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.
>>

> thanx

No problem. It's pretty interesting.

--
Derek

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> "Derek" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini
>> rolled initiative and posted the following:
>>
>> > "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel
>> > messaggio
>> > om...

>> > Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

>> "Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.
>>

> thanx

No problem. It's pretty interesting.

--
Derek

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Space Cowboy

I'm the preacher so obviously I meant anathema. Hey Google you can
spend some of that IPO money on your search engine so I can look for
webpages that contain embedded media files talking about tea. Now my
search is TEA REALPLAYER which isn't that bad for false hits. The
wierdest so far an Australia agriculture minister speech to switch
from cattle to green tea for the Asian rim. Those media links on
webpages can be obscure. I'm still having a ball since I traded in my
14.4 modem for broadband in January. You do need a firewall, virus
protection and anti-hijacking software which I've learned the hardway.

Jim

Derek > wrote in message >...
> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Livio Zanini rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>
> > "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > om...
> >> Here is the antithema URL
> >>
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/...20040429.shtml
> >>

> > Once I am on that page, where should I click on to hear it?

> "Listen again" Second column from the left, second item down.

Space Cowboy