Bad Mercer

Default Brewing Machines

The rec.food.drink.tea FAQ talks about machines expressly designed to
brew tea automatically.

I WANT ONE!!!

I had a TeaMate by Chef's Choice International, which did a wonderful
job for a year or two, but then died and now they don't make it
anymore. I just had to add fresh cold water in one compartment, loose
tea leaves in another, set the timer to brew the tea for 5 minutes,
and walk away. It would boil the water, steep the leaves, then pour
the boiling water over the leaves, brew for five minutes, then dump
the perfectly brewed tea into a carafe which it would keep warm
indefinitely. I think it was theoretically 8 cups, but was really
only three or four of the mugs I drink from. Still, it was easy,
perfect and wonderful. Now I'm having to do it all myself by hand
like my technologically-deprived British ancestors. I want something
basically like what I had, except one that will brew six or eight mugs
(16-20 cup theoretical capacity) and that will last for the rest of my
life.

Anyone know where I can get such a thing?

Below is the relevant paragraph from the FAQ:

H) Brewing machines.
One can also brew tea in a coffee maker, in much the same way that
one brews coffee. A machine expressly designed to brew tea
automatically
has also recently been introduced to the marketplace. The biggest
worry most tea drinkers have about these methods is that they heat the
water somewhat short of the boiling point. While this is a good way to
brew coffee, it is less than ideal for most kinds of tea.
But it's also true that some very discriminating tea drinkers have
reported good results with tea brewing machines. Some recent models
have been effusively praised for the sophistication of their brewing
procedures and the flavor of the tea they produce.
HaileyDog

The TeaMate does work extremely well if you like loose leaf tea and do not
mind waiting for it to brew. We use tea bags and prefer to just run water
through our coffee machine.

We only used the TeaMate a couple of times and would like to sell it to
someone who can appreciate it's safistication rather then sitting in our
cabinet un-used. Please contact me if you are interested.

Cindy Wahl

"HaileyDog" > wrote in message alkaboutdrinks.com>...
> The TeaMate does work extremely well if you like loose leaf tea and do not
> mind waiting for it to brew. We use tea bags and prefer to just run water
> through our coffee machine.
>
> We only used the TeaMate a couple of times and would like to sell it to
> someone who can appreciate it's safistication rather then sitting in our
> cabinet un-used. Please contact me if you are interested.

I am interested in buying your TeaMate if it is still available.
Cindy
Cindy Wahl

"HaileyDog" > wrote in message alkaboutdrinks.com>...
> The TeaMate does work extremely well if you like loose leaf tea and do not
> mind waiting for it to brew. We use tea bags and prefer to just run water
> through our coffee machine.
>
> We only used the TeaMate a couple of times and would like to sell it to
> someone who can appreciate it's safistication rather then sitting in our
> cabinet un-used. Please contact me if you are interested.

I am interested in buying your TeaMate if it is still available.
Cindy

Mark Baran

If anyone out there has a Chef's Choice TeaMate in "as
new" condition, I will pay top dollar for it.
..
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lesli

These are the 2 tea makers i know of on the market

http://www.adagio.com/gifts/holiday_triniTEA.html?
SID=200554c2e5bc1f74685031ea9fe6b5ba

triniTEA at Adagio Teas

http://www.sunbeam.com/hottea.aspx

Sunbeam TeaDrop

..
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Justin Holmes

I believe they sell the sunbeam at targe for between 30 and 40 dollars.
I just bought a little mr coffee for my desk and use it to heat the
water, and brew in cup sized bags. Works well enough for my unrefined
palate, and at 10 bucks not a bad solution.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Carl

Lesli wrote:
> These are the 2 tea makers i know of on the market
> triniTEA at Adagio Teas
> Sunbeam TeaDrop

Hiya, Lesli,

ONE of these years I'm going to own a samovar

http://www.klax.tula.ru/~gear/sam/index English site of Russian industry

http://www.rus-sell.com/russian+samo...og243.html#243 which shows
the HEAVY shipping fees of these things

Till then, I make a STRONG tea in a small pot and have a camping water
kettle on the side to make the Russian-style brew... not as aesthetic as
a true samovar... *sigh*

Carl
/ tooo many 'o's in yahoo :P