Cameron Lewis

Default A Modest Proposal. [That has nothing to do with eating the Irish]

It is a shame that for the past few days the majority of posts have
been by Space Cowboy or provoked by him. He is clearly irrational and
increasingly irrelevant to the group. As far as I can tell he has few
if any sympathizers and it seems a waste of time to respond to his
drivel. Quite frankly, I don't know why he's here as most of his
posts simply attack others, and the rare on-topic posts are usually
riddled with factual errors.

My proposal: ignore him with the hopes that he'll go away (as he
clearly wishes the majority of posters would) or at least stop
ranting.

Jim, why not start a group of your own? Make a moderated group where
you can be the little tin god you've always dreamed of; a place where
those nasty urls and "embedded" businessmen can't hurt you anymore.

Excluding the obvious member, this is a really excellent group of
people to whom I am greatly indebted, and from whom I expect I have a
great deal to learn.

Regards,

Cameron
Mike Petro

I will second that motion! In reality I am not proud of the side of me
that he brought out. Unfortunately my aggressive side instinctually
pops out when I am attacked. I am reminded me of the adage

"Who is the bigger fool, the fool, or the man that argues with one?"

There is another time honored tradition that goes way back in the
Usenet. It is called *PLONK*.

Definition:
*PLONK* - The sound some asshole makes when he's dropped into your
killfile.

Mike

On 20 Feb 2004 19:11:24 -0800, (Cameron Lewis)
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>It is a shame that for the past few days the majority of posts have
>been by Space Cowboy or provoked by him. He is clearly irrational and
>increasingly irrelevant to the group. As far as I can tell he has few
>if any sympathizers and it seems a waste of time to respond to his
>drivel. Quite frankly, I don't know why he's here as most of his
>posts simply attack others, and the rare on-topic posts are usually
>riddled with factual errors.
>
>My proposal: ignore him with the hopes that he'll go away (as he
>clearly wishes the majority of posters would) or at least stop
>ranting.
>
>Jim, why not start a group of your own? Make a moderated group where
>you can be the little tin god you've always dreamed of; a place where
>those nasty urls and "embedded" businessmen can't hurt you anymore.
>
>Excluding the obvious member, this is a really excellent group of
>people to whom I am greatly indebted, and from whom I expect I have a
>great deal to learn.
>
>Regards,
>
>Cameron

Space Cowboy

It's been the case when I speak people shutup and listen. At least I
stink up the joint for free since I still give a poop. You are free
to shop at the car dealership with fixed sticker prices because you
can't slug it out with the sales manager quoting dealer invoice.

Jim

(Cameron Lewis) wrote in message m>...
> It is a shame that for the past few days the majority of posts have
> been by Space Cowboy or provoked by him.

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Space Cowboy rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> It's been the case when I speak people shutup and listen.

And yet, when you write, they tell you you're full of yourself.

--
Derek

There is a proverb. "As you have made your bed, so you must lie in
it," which is simply a lie. If I have made my bed uncomfortable, please
God, I will make it again. (G.K. Chesterson)
Tea

"Derek" > wrote in message
> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Space Cowboy rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>
> > It's been the case when I speak people shutup and listen.

> And yet, when you write, they tell you you're full of yourself.
>
> --
> Derek

If it weren't for everyone answering this ninny, I wouldn't know he was
posting. I kill-filed him two years ago.

Space Cowboy

That's the reason killfiles are useless. You can read me now or read
me later. When Dejavu archived Usenet the percentage of replies to my
posts were 99%. At one point in time I was in the top 100 with number
of posts and replies. Usually when people killfile me they usually
make it a public lynching. Why did you wait two years? I don't hide
behind bogus email accounts like many embarrassed New Yorkers who
stiff the doorman at Christmas.

Jim

"Tea" > wrote in message >...
> If it weren't for everyone answering this ninny, I wouldn't know he was
> posting. I kill-filed him two years ago.

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Space Cowboy rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> That's the reason killfiles are useless.

Surprisingly, I think we can both agree that the effectiveness of a
killfile rests on the software used, the knowledge of the user, and
the thoroughness of a scoring file.

> You can read me now or read me later.

Not really. If I wanted to block out all of your posts or any

> When Dejavu archived Usenet the percentage of
> replies to my posts were 99%. At one point in time I was in the
> top 100 with number of posts and replies.

Which actually proves nothing about the quality or content of your
posts.

> Usually when people
> killfile me they usually make it a public lynching. Why did you
> wait two years?

The statement preceeding the question is unprovable, unless you can
specify exactly how many people have you killfiled and how many of
those people announced said "plonking".

> I don't hide behind bogus email accounts like
> many embarrassed New Yorkers who stiff the doorman at Christmas.

Which is an obvious and petty ad hominem attack, and proves nothing.

--
Derek

Road Kill Cafe - We make it your way, right away.
Straight from your grill to ours.
Tea

> > Usually when people
> > killfile me they usually make it a public lynching. Why did you
> > wait two years?

Because it wasn't important enough to make an announcement, and maybe I'm
smarter than most of your opponents who keep taking the bait. Why should I
'publically lynch' someone who is a harmless nitwit? I mentioned it this
time only because people seemed to think they had to read your posts. I
feel sorry for anyone who feels they have to publically lynch you, though.
Obviously they have too much time on their hands. But if it would make you
feel important to call you names (why is it trolls measure their importance
that way?), I will. I'm a Buddhist, and I like to make people happy as long
as doing so won't damage my own karma.

Actually, that was a joke. Not the Buddhist part- the part about
communicating with you.

>> > I don't hide behind bogus email accounts like

> > many embarrassed New Yorkers who stiff the doorman at Christmas.

Good for you. I've been stalked on the internet and in real life, however.
I'd rather not end up giving my email address to my stalker. Is that ok by
you? Especially since I don't have a doorman.

Thanks for the hint, Derek. I will increase my filter level so I won't even
have to read people who answer this person.

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Tea rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> Thanks for the hint, Derek. I will increase my filter level so
> I won't even have to read people who answer this person.

You're welcome for the idea. The trick is to find something in the
message ID that is consistent across all posts so will show up in any

Derek

If you want to get to the top, prepare to kiss a lot of the bottom.

a modest proposal for Dale W., and others... Ronin Wine 1 22-01-2010 05:22 PM
A modest proposal zxcvbob General Cooking 222 15-03-2009 08:16 PM
Proposal. RW Vegan 0 18-12-2004 02:19 AM
A Modest Proposal was Chung's insanity redux WAS: How t Charlotte L. Blackmer General Cooking 0 20-11-2004 05:21 PM
A Modest Proposal Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 8 01-03-2004 09:20 PM