Mike Petro

Default Poo Poo Puerh

The first time I ever heard of this tea was at the
Holy Mountain site (http://www.holymtn.com/tea/pu-erh.htm). It
sounded so far fetched that I chalked it up as a myth! Then I was sent
a sample of it by a Puerh Collector from Singapore whom I trust to be
very knowledgeable. At this point I had to consider that it was indeed
real and not a myth! The Collector gave me what little information he
had but I wanted to know more so I asked a Puerh vendor over in China
what he knew about it. Michael from M & J's Chinese Culture & Arts
Store ( http://www.mandjs.com) laughed at me, thinking that I was full
of s****, but he agreed to ask some of his contacts at the Puerh
factories. He came back the next day with a wealth of information,
complete with pictures, he was rather astonished to find out it was
indeed legitimate. This prompted me to assemble the appropriate
apparatus to test the tea myself, thanks to the sample from "WS" the
collector. You will find that review at
http:\\www.pu-erh.net\poopoopuerh.html

If anyone else has any experience with this PLEASE post a follow up or
email me.

Cheers...

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
Space Cowboy

Please update your virus guard protection rule set to identify any
URLs mentioned in this group as a potential source of commercial
proselytizing expressly prohibited in this ng perse but circumvented
by said creation of such websites and posted here to increase the
traffic volume and accounts receivables of promoted companies while
adding the website to their accounts payable. If you buy something
after a redirection from this ng you are a potential victim and could
be a violation of the FCC Communication Decency Act of 2002
prohibiting non disclosure of website objectionable material such as
pornography or confidence schemes based on disinformation where Credit
Card charges cannot be protested because of Buyer's remorse. Caveat
Emptor never applies here because there is a price to pay for whatever
everybody else is drinking while parsing the infamous word IS to mean
buying and selling is a discussion about tea while learning nothing
more than how much it cost and where it came from. Here comes the bad
news (unluckily the website was entered with reverse \\ which didn't
flag my virus protection software to enter it into my Browser's
prohibited sites but is commonly used as a ruse from mass
merchandizers to bypass email filters) the hoax (which is Cantonese
for joke) is on you because the FTC(Customs) would quarantine or
destroy any suspected shipments of agricultural products with pests or
their larvae. All companies are required to report such infestations
to the FTC. So if this moth ever becomes a problem in the country we
know who to blame. If it were me I'd take a sample down to the
agricultural extention service and ask for a second opinion which is
what I very occasionally do for a report on debris in my tea because
it is your tax dollars at work. Another tea tidbit because you read
my posts since somebody else in the world knew this but didn't bother
to tell you. So if it's esoteric and it walks like a duck somebody is
selling you something from the mysterious East. I've made up my mind
and updated my virus rule set for any reverse \\. For anybody who
cares I hated doing this post because I can go into Chinatown tomorrow
and get anything you want in illegal trade but I won't because I
respect cultural differences and don't pander to Occidental self
indulgance.

Jim

Mike Petro > wrote in message >. ..
> The first time I ever heard of this tea was at the
> Holy Mountain site (http://www.holymtn.com/tea/pu-erh.htm). It
> sounded so far fetched that I chalked it up as a myth! Then I was sent
> a sample of it by a Puerh Collector from Singapore whom I trust to be
> very knowledgeable. At this point I had to consider that it was indeed
> real and not a myth! The Collector gave me what little information he
> had but I wanted to know more so I asked a Puerh vendor over in China
> what he knew about it. Michael from M & J's Chinese Culture & Arts
> Store ( http://www.mandjs.com) laughed at me, thinking that I was full
> of s****, but he agreed to ask some of his contacts at the Puerh
> factories. He came back the next day with a wealth of information,
> complete with pictures, he was rather astonished to find out it was
> indeed legitimate. This prompted me to assemble the appropriate
> apparatus to test the tea myself, thanks to the sample from "WS" the
> collector. You will find that review at
> http:\\www.pu-erh.net\poopoopuerh.html
>
> If anyone else has any experience with this PLEASE post a follow up or
> email me.
>
> Cheers...
>

> Mike Petro
> http://www.pu-erh.net
> remove the "filter" in my email address to reply

Mike Petro

Jim, you cantankerous blowhard. Your elaborate pontification only
shows your ignorance and, as usual, it is largely irrelevant to the
thread. Your insinuation that I somehow benefit, or am linked to some
sort of commercial interest, is total malarkey. It is nothing more
than an excuse for you to practice your vocabulary as you spew forth
your insipid abuse. Since you appear to contribute little more than
being a wannabe moderator I might suggest that you start your own
RFDT.Moderated group and leave the rest of us in peace.

You remind me of the television character named "Becker". While you
might actually have something good to offer, you tend to serve it up
with so much irate bigotry that it is just not worth the effort.

The really funny thing is that after all of your rambling about
websites being the scourge of the earth, you still visited my page. I
never mentioned moths or larvae in my post so you obviously read my
site.

BTW, yes, I did use the wrong slash in the URL, it was not some
sinister ploy but simply a human error. You see, unlike you, I am only
human…..

On 16 Feb 2004 07:37:34 -0800, (Space Cowboy)
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>Please update your virus guard protection rule set to identify any
>URLs mentioned in this group as a potential source of commercial
>proselytizing expressly prohibited in this ng perse but circumvented
>by said creation of such websites and posted here to increase the
>traffic volume and accounts receivables of promoted companies while
>adding the website to their accounts payable. If you buy something
>after a redirection from this ng you are a potential victim and could
>be a violation of the FCC Communication Decency Act of 2002
>prohibiting non disclosure of website objectionable material such as
>pornography or confidence schemes based on disinformation where Credit
>Card charges cannot be protested because of Buyer's remorse. Caveat
>Emptor never applies here because there is a price to pay for whatever
>everybody else is drinking while parsing the infamous word IS to mean
>buying and selling is a discussion about tea while learning nothing
>more than how much it cost and where it came from. Here comes the bad
>news (unluckily the website was entered with reverse \\ which didn't
>flag my virus protection software to enter it into my Browser's
>prohibited sites but is commonly used as a ruse from mass
>merchandizers to bypass email filters) the hoax (which is Cantonese
>for joke) is on you because the FTC(Customs) would quarantine or
>destroy any suspected shipments of agricultural products with pests or
>their larvae. All companies are required to report such infestations
>to the FTC. So if this moth ever becomes a problem in the country we
>know who to blame. If it were me I'd take a sample down to the
>agricultural extention service and ask for a second opinion which is
>what I very occasionally do for a report on debris in my tea because
>it is your tax dollars at work. Another tea tidbit because you read
>my posts since somebody else in the world knew this but didn't bother
>to tell you. So if it's esoteric and it walks like a duck somebody is
>selling you something from the mysterious East. I've made up my mind
>and updated my virus rule set for any reverse \\. For anybody who
>cares I hated doing this post because I can go into Chinatown tomorrow
>and get anything you want in illegal trade but I won't because I
>respect cultural differences and don't pander to Occidental self
>indulgance.
>
>Jim

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
Agalena

"Mike Petro" > wrote in message
> The first time I ever heard of this tea was at the
> Holy Mountain site (http://www.holymtn.com/tea/pu-erh.htm). It
> sounded so far fetched that I chalked it up as a myth! Then I was sent
> a sample of it by a Puerh Collector from Singapore whom I trust to be
> very knowledgeable. At this point I had to consider that it was indeed
> real and not a myth! The Collector gave me what little information he
> had but I wanted to know more so I asked a Puerh vendor over in China
> what he knew about it. Michael from M & J's Chinese Culture & Arts
> Store ( http://www.mandjs.com) laughed at me, thinking that I was full
> of s****, but he agreed to ask some of his contacts at the Puerh
> factories. He came back the next day with a wealth of information,
> complete with pictures, he was rather astonished to find out it was
> indeed legitimate. This prompted me to assemble the appropriate
> apparatus to test the tea myself, thanks to the sample from "WS" the
> collector. You will find that review at
> http:\\www.pu-erh.net\poopoopuerh.html

ROFLOL! I like to think I'm fairly open minded, but moth larva poop! Eeeew!

Agalena

Michael Ryan

> You remind me of the television character named "Becker".<

Mike I think you meant to say Bunker as in Archie Bunker you know the
grouchy old guy.

As for the "pooh" who even said someone was selling it? I would not
sell it for obvious reasons.

Of course, at this point I think drinking some poo is a lot more
appealing to me then reading your whining post. As for me paying
anyone to market for me, I only pay e-bay and my web server and that
is enough for me.

As you can see to cut down the whining, I changed my e-mail address
however, in your case I think you will never stop whining so it was
not done for you. Try inputting something useful for a change.

If you want to vent because you are alive you are more then welcome to
e-mail me at and I will be easy to
find your e-mail in the JUNK folder it will have some kind of
Pessimistic Ambiance to it I am sure.

Space Cowboy

Mike Petro > wrote in message >. ..
> Jim, you cantankerous blowhard.

This is the Usenet so your Urls are trespassing.

Jim
Doc Elder

I have absolutely no idea where that one is coming from. URLs are very
common in Usenet and it's widely consider considerate to include them as
pointers to resources.

-Doc

--
---------

"...it's only the giving that makes you... what you are.."

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
om...
> Mike Petro > wrote in message

>. ..
> > Jim, you cantankerous blowhard.

> This is the Usenet so your Urls are trespassing.
>
> Jim

Mike Petro

Once again that is total malarkey Jim! Show me where in the R.F.D.T
Group Charter that it says no URLs, or for that matter show me any
non-moderated group that doesn't allow URLs.

In all honesty the "spirit" of this Group's Charter appears to be
about the act of discussing tea. Since the Usenet is an Internet based
medium it is natural that Internet resources related to tea will pop
up in tea related discussions. The charter does not prohibit it, if
anything I suspect that most group members welcome it.

I know that this doesn't meet your own "personal" ideals, but try
listening to the "Group's" conscience, and the Group Charter's spirit,
before blasting people. The article I posted was clearly within the
spirit of the Charter, after all it was about Tea! Nobody twisted your
arm to follow any of the links, the choice was yours!

On 17 Feb 2004 05:16:27 -0800, (Space Cowboy)
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>This is the Usenet so your Urls are trespassing.
>
>Jim

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
Michael Plant

Mike 2/17/04

> Once again that is total malarkey Jim! Show me where in the R.F.D.T
> Group Charter that it says no URLs, or for that matter show me any
> non-moderated group that doesn't allow URLs.
>
> In all honesty the "spirit" of this Group's Charter appears to be
> about the act of discussing tea. Since the Usenet is an Internet based
> medium it is natural that Internet resources related to tea will pop
> up in tea related discussions. The charter does not prohibit it, if
> anything I suspect that most group members welcome it.
>
> I know that this doesn't meet your own "personal" ideals, but try
> listening to the "Group's" conscience, and the Group Charter's spirit,
> before blasting people. The article I posted was clearly within the
> spirit of the Charter, after all it was about Tea! Nobody twisted your
> arm to follow any of the links, the choice was yours!

I have nothing but most profound respect for each and every one of you and
now back to poo poo puerh.....

I have it on authority -- whether good remains to be seen and here I hope
you will help -- that Bai Hao is produced with the assistance of a little
leaf hopper (insect) that nibbles the fringes of the leaves and thereby
contributes to the sweetness of the brew. Please advise. Thanks. BTW, Jim,
can Bai Hao be gotten in any of the grocer's you frequent? I've looked in
ours, but haven't seen it.

Michael
<www.stopmessinaround.com>

Dog Ma 1

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message

> Where do I get my copy of the FIF standards?
> (I see hours of fun ahead.)

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dalbook.html
http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/agec2/mf2119.pdf

are a couple of examples. Read at your own risk!

Michael Plant

Dog Ma /18/04
reply w/o spam

> "Michael Plant" > wrote in message
>
>> Where do I get my copy of the FIF standards?
>> (I see hours of fun ahead.)

> http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dalbook.html
> http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/agec2/mf2119.pdf
>
> are a couple of examples. Read at your own risk!

That is like the coolest. No more peanut butter for me.
I can't wait to share it with other friends.

Michael

Space Cowboy

BaiHao is White Down so I assume silver needles. It is 'easily'
available under the government arm Fujian Tea Import and Export
Corporation as Flowery Pekoe but as I said years ago it unstocks
immediately. You can't miss it. The box shows a glass cup with the
brewed bud forrest after a volcanic wind blowdown. The websites sex
it up and cost you more by calling it Yenzhen (White Spires). Since
we're talking about bud and not leaf there might be some attempt at
pollination by insects or something looking for a easy lunch. Also I
think the brewed bud would show signs of nibbling. I've got one for
you. What I can't find in the stores is YinHao. A local shop sells
it for $80/500g. That $80 price is more or less typical even at
websites. I know a dealer in SF who will sell it to me in the
original shipping Chinese 1/2 kilo packing tube for $18 and that's not
wholesale. The taste is the same and the only difference is the
Jasmine flower and leaf is bigger for $80 but the proportion of flower
to leaf is the same. I don't think it is an argument of eliminate the
middle man or markup for store cost and labor. It's just been my
experience that YinHao is more expensive than even BaiHao. For those
who don't like the restaurant Jasmine there is no comparison for
YinHao.

Jim

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> I have it on authority -- whether good remains to be seen and here I hope
> you will help -- that Bai Hao is produced with the assistance of a little
> leaf hopper (insect) that nibbles the fringes of the leaves and thereby
> contributes to the sweetness of the brew. Please advise. Thanks. BTW, Jim,
> can Bai Hao be gotten in any of the grocer's you frequent? I've looked in
> ours, but haven't seen it.
>
> Michael
> <www.stopmessinaround.com>

Space Cowboy

Usenet and email existed twenty years before the WWW. You wouldn't
tolerate pornographic urls even if a teapot was a sex toy. I put
commercial urls in the same category. You can surf the web and find
plenty of urls that talk about tea and aren't selling anything.
Frankly I never came across a commercial url that had anything to say
on the subject except how much it costs and they don't take American
Express. The Charter made a stab at commercial posts and stop the
ridiculous parsing that the spirit of the wording didn't include
commercial urls. The real problem in this ng isn't the sellers but
the buyers sucking like babies on their favorite website's tit. It's
like an MTVxer saying their favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs. Somewhere
in their precognitive childhood they bought a commercial hook, line
and sinker. So if your favorite website has a discussion forum join
their adoration club. If it doesn't take your business to one that
does and stop hounding us.

Jim

Mike Petro > wrote in message >. ..
> Once again that is total malarkey Jim! Show me where in the R.F.D.T
> Group Charter that it says no URLs, or for that matter show me any
> non-moderated group that doesn't allow URLs.

Mike Petro

Yes Jim, I too have been around longer than the winsock, but times
change and the web is now part of our society. You have no right to
impose your URL phobia on me or anyone else in this group. Who died
and made you Moderator? If you don't like websites don't follow the
links, its that simple! Having a favorite website is no different than
having a favorite brick and mortar store. I really do not understand
your interpretation of the Charter either. Please Quote the parts that
discourage URLs, I would like to see them. As for the last half of
your post, it was just more of your typical drivel.

Mike

On 18 Feb 2004 09:25:08 -0800, (Space Cowboy)
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>Usenet and email existed twenty years before the WWW. You wouldn't
>tolerate pornographic urls even if a teapot was a sex toy. I put
>commercial urls in the same category. You can surf the web and find
>plenty of urls that talk about tea and aren't selling anything.
>Frankly I never came across a commercial url that had anything to say
>on the subject except how much it costs and they don't take American
>Express. The Charter made a stab at commercial posts and stop the
>ridiculous parsing that the spirit of the wording didn't include
>commercial urls. The real problem in this ng isn't the sellers but
>the buyers sucking like babies on their favorite website's tit. It's
>like an MTVxer saying their favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs. Somewhere
>in their precognitive childhood they bought a commercial hook, line
>and sinker. So if your favorite website has a discussion forum join
>their adoration club. If it doesn't take your business to one that
>does and stop hounding us.

Space Cowboy

I could give you links to Bai Hao White Down but I'd have a feeling
somebody would say gotcha. If you're curious plug in Yinzhen Bai Hao.
I drink Formosa Champagne and never heard it called Bai Hao oolong.
Just another marketing gimmick by disengenous websites fleecing the
flock.

Jim

(Yuriy Pragin) wrote in message . com>...

(Space Cowboy) wrote in message . com>...
> > BaiHao is White Down so I assume silver needles.

> Wrong -- Bai Hao (Oriental Beauty) or "White Tip" is a dark oolong
> with an oxidation of at list 60%
> This is the picture --

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/m...0_oriental.jpg

Livio Zanini

Mangren mo xiang! It is a Chinese provers that says: "Blind men touching
different part of an elephant with their hands, everyone stating what an
elephant is like"

"Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
om...
> I could give you links to Bai Hao White Down but I'd have a feeling
> somebody would say gotcha. If you're curious plug in Yinzhen Bai Hao.
> I drink Formosa Champagne and never heard it called Bai Hao oolong.
> Just another marketing gimmick by disengenous websites fleecing the
> flock.
>
> Jim
>
> (Yuriy Pragin) wrote in message

. com>...

(Space Cowboy) wrote in message
. com>...
> > > BaiHao is White Down so I assume silver needles.

> > Wrong -- Bai Hao (Oriental Beauty) or "White Tip" is a dark oolong
> > with an oxidation of at list 60%
> > This is the picture --

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/m...0_oriental.jpg

Space Cowboy

This group was in existence for six years before somebody showed up
wanting to sell us something by setting up camp. Previously others
followed the occasional commercial post guideline. Your arguments are
no different than hers back then. She claimed the right of free
speech and using urls. It was deja-vu reviewing those posts with
Candy aka Kandy in my posts. If your site doesn't have a discussion
forum maybe the group would chip in to get one so all your adoration
groupies would keep you busy doing other things than posting offsite
urls for infomercials. I bet you're the corporation guy updating
router lists for prohibited website browsing and adding rule sets for
email spam. The last post to a ng before it becomes moderated is an
url. Moderated groups didn't exist before the WWW.

Jim

Mike Petro > wrote in message >. ..
> Yes Jim, I too have been around longer than the winsock, but times
> change and the web is now part of our society. You have no right to
> impose your URL phobia on me or anyone else in this group.

Space Cowboy

Your free agricultural crop assay will give you a breakdown on fecal
percentage by mammal and bird. From what I know mammals have a common
enzyme and so do birds. Any new tea I get I check for contaminents in
the first pot. For fines you can see the imperfections before
brewing. For OP you examine the brewed leaves. From the recent posts
on perfumes in tea you can see the oils on the surface of the brewed
tea like a slick. So my cheap YinHao wasn't gassed and apparently so
far a fantastic bargain. Leave the tepid brewing water to the
courageous and always boil your water.

Jim

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> Dog Ma /18/04
> reply w/o spam
>
> > "Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Where do I get my copy of the FIF standards?
> >> (I see hours of fun ahead.)

> > http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dalbook.html
> > http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/agec2/mf2119.pdf
> >
> > are a couple of examples. Read at your own risk!

> That is like the coolest. No more peanut butter for me.
> I can't wait to share it with other friends.
>
> Michael

Michael Plant

Come on guys. Step back and smell the elephant.

Livio /19/04

> Mangren mo xiang! It is a Chinese provers that says: "Blind men touching
> different part of an elephant with their hands, everyone stating what an
> elephant is like"
>

> "Space Cowboy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> om...
>> I could give you links to Bai Hao White Down but I'd have a feeling
>> somebody would say gotcha. If you're curious plug in Yinzhen Bai Hao.
>> I drink Formosa Champagne and never heard it called Bai Hao oolong.
>> Just another marketing gimmick by disengenous websites fleecing the
>> flock.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> (Yuriy Pragin) wrote in message

> . com>...

(Space Cowboy) wrote in message
> . com>...
>>>
>>> Wrong -- Bai Hao (Oriental Beauty) or "White Tip" is a dark oolong
>>> with an oxidation of at list 60%
>>> This is the picture --

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/m...0_oriental.jpg

fLameDogg

Michael Plant > wrote in
:

> Be courageous. Use tea friendly temperatures. Your tea will thank
> you. BTW, Jim. I downloaded DM's suggested government "filth in food"
> (FIF) site and will have many happy hours pulling it out to quote at
> just the "right" moments. How many rodent hairs are within accepted
> standards in a can of tuna? You'll have to read it yourself. Roach
> excretia? Look it up. Rotted vegetable matter? No unrealistic zero
> tolerance in our great nation where a most entertaining reality
> reigns.

I recall this issue being covered by a fine publication some years ago--ah,
yes, it was Mad Magazine. There was a one-panel cartoon playing off the
idea of X number of rat hairs (or some other, even more appetizing, rat
goodie) being allowed in a can of chili. A lab-coated government inspector
holds a clipboard with one too many hash-marks in one hand as he admonishes
a rat with the other. The rat looks suitably abashed.

--
fD

crymad

fLameDogg wrote:

> I recall this issue being covered by a fine publication some years ago--ah,
> yes, it was Mad Magazine. There was a one-panel cartoon playing off the
> idea of X number of rat hairs (or some other, even more appetizing, rat
> goodie) being allowed in a can of chili. A lab-coated government inspector
> holds a clipboard with one too many hash-marks in one hand as he admonishes
> a rat with the other. The rat looks suitably abashed.

Understandably so. Rats are smart, clean, affectionate pets. Rat hair
finds its way into my mouth daily, after kissing the little loves.

Catch rat scratch fever: http://www.rmca.org/

--crymad
Tee King

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:48:00 -0800, crymad >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>Catch rat scratch fever: http://www.rmca.org/
>
>--crymad

Unfortunately, I do. I'm sorely allergic to them, but I miss the
company of Miss Twinkie, Sweet Pea, Comet, and others. Even my dog
and cats thought they were nice to have around as pals.

Tee
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Michael Plant

2/19/04

http://www.rmca.org/

> --crymad

Although I'm a mouse guy and have never owned a rat, I have struck up a
friendship with the occasional rat and can vouch for the truth of crymad's
pronouncement. I don't suppose many of you are much into hearing about mouse
kissies, so I'll forgo further discussion at this time. Like rats, mice
spend a good part of the day keeping themselves in perfect trim. And my mice
were always happy to see me and goof around even when humans were not. Miss
the little guys.

Drinking Lin Yun White Down.
Listening to Vivaldi picolo concerti.
Unfortunately no mice in sight.

Michael

Mike Petro

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:42:01 GMT, Michael Plant >
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>Never fear the extraneous material you discover in your leaf and brew; fear
>that which you don't find.

No Lie,

The one that really grossed me out was that a small can of mushrooms
is allowed to contain up to 40 maggots.... And I love mushrooms......

Mike

This email may contain up to 50 bytes worth of excretions...
Space Cowboy

I worked at a canning factory every summer doing college. The stories
I could tell. I still don't eat canned vegetables. I'm going to
insist my agricultural service update it assay profile for insect
excretia. How do you know the websites aren't substituting snail
sludge. My stomach trumps my palette. I only recommend taking a blow
torch to the kettle. It wasn't always the case. If the elephant is
still under the BigTop and since I found my contacts I did some more
research and made a call. The Formosa oolong is called Bai Hai. My
source said he got a call from Georgia once and the lady came back
from Taiwan and wanted some BooHoo. This in response to my question
why almost everybody seems to call it BaiHao. The real problem with
transliteration nobody in Chinatown understands what you mean and we
use it to confuse ourselves. I made a note to add the characters for
BaiHao and BaiHai to my cheat sheet. The only way this works is find
the rosetta can of tea in the store with Chinese and English and see
what is inside. Or since I recently got my phone's company version of
broadband high speed dsl I can go surfing for those UTF-8 webpages in
Chinese. If it's 5 miles to the phone switch I'm sitting at mile
marker 7 and not getting what I pay for with the babybell disclaimer
your results will vary. Anyway better than 14.4. It's been too long
since I've been to Chinatown. You'll get more hits on Lin Yun BaiHao.
The rats are scurrying for cover since the Asian bird flu outbreak.

Jim

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> Space 2/19/04
>

> > Your free agricultural crop assay will give you a breakdown on fecal
> > percentage by mammal and bird. From what I know mammals have a common
> > enzyme and so do birds. Any new tea I get I check for contaminents in
> > the first pot. For fines you can see the imperfections before
> > brewing. For OP you examine the brewed leaves. From the recent posts
> > on perfumes in tea you can see the oils on the surface of the brewed
> > tea like a slick. So my cheap YinHao wasn't gassed and apparently so
> > far a fantastic bargain. Leave the tepid brewing water to the
> > courageous and always boil your water.
> >
> > Jim

> Jim,
>
> Never fear the extraneous material you discover in your leaf and brew; fear
> that which you don't find.
>
> BTW, there is a good point to be had from your Bai Hao discussion: Many
> Chinese descriptive phrases find their way to more than one type of tea. Bai
> Hao describes a type of green tea as well as it describes a type of oolong
> and is used to name both. Don't blame me though.
>
> Now, back to the rat goodie count. (Reminds me of a story about ants and
> aphids....)
>
> Michael

Natarajan Krishnaswami

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:40:57 GMT, Michael Plant > wrote:
> Come on guys. Step back and smell the elephant.

But how much elephant excreta is allowed in food? <grin>

N.

Michael Plant

Natarajan /20/04

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:40:57 GMT, Michael Plant > wrote:
>> Come on guys. Step back and smell the elephant.

> But how much elephant excreta is allowed in food? <grin>
>

> N.

Funny you should ask. According to the lLaws of the United States of
America, any amount. Elephant excreta is *not* specifically mentioned on
the list. Well, mammal, I guess. Also, I suppose an elephant turd in a can
of tuna could be considered unaesthetic by some.

BTW, I have never seen chapati cooked on an elephant pie. Why?

Michael

fLameDogg

crymad > wrote in
:

> fLameDogg wrote:
>>
>> A lab-coated government inspector holds a clipboard with one too
>> many hash-marks in one hand as he admonishes a rat with the other.
>> The rat looks suitably abashed.

> Understandably so. Rats are smart, clean, affectionate pets. Rat
> hair finds its way into my mouth daily, after kissing the little
> loves.

I can relate. I once had a Japanese hooded rat, which I got from a pet
store when barely weaned. She very much liked to kiss--the first time she
snuffled between my lips to find my tongue, I was a bit afraid she would
consider it a tasty treat, but it turned out to be just affection (or
whatever animal impulse). She would chase my fingers much like a cat will
do, and she liked to sit on my shoulder, my head, or best of all, my shirt
pocket. That's where she was the day I learned that rats tend to urinate
in much greater volume than, say, hamsters. On the other paw, I've never
had a hamster want to sit in my pocket, so there you are.

> Catch rat scratch fever: http://www.rmca.org/

Nice! I'm not *that* much of a fan, but glad to know it's there.

--
fD
Dog Ma 1

> Not surprising. There is, in fact, a highly prized (or is that
> "priced") coffee produced from the beans that have passed through the
> digestive tract of palm civets in Indonesia.

And the best durians are reputed to be those that have passed through the
innards of an non-chewing elephant. Of course, the concept of "best" with
respect to durian is perhaps more subjective than usual.

-DM

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Dog Ma 1 rolled
initiative and posted the following:

>> Not surprising. There is, in fact, a highly prized (or is that
>> "priced") coffee produced from the beans that have passed through
>> the digestive tract of palm civets in Indonesia.

> And the best durians are reputed to be those that have passed
> through the innards of an non-chewing elephant. Of course, the
> concept of "best" with respect to durian is perhaps more
> subjective than usual.

Ok, I had to go and look that one up. And now I'm not sure that
"best" and "durian" can actually be used in the same sentence.

--
Derek

You know you're a nerd when you have to go and steal the herpes
virus from a research laboratory rather than going out and catching
it in the wild like everyone else.
Space Cowboy

Recursive questions make my head hurt.

Jim

Teavana and Puerh Aaron W. Hsu Tea 1 24-01-2013 01:44 AM
Try Puerh Jimmie Houchin Tea 6 02-09-2005 08:49 PM
Loose green puerh and pressed teas that are not puerh. Mike Petro Tea 2 24-05-2005 12:31 PM
Is Puerh tea? crymad Tea 51 10-09-2004 03:04 PM
puerh.net Tom Tea 6 22-02-2004 07:32 PM