RN

Default Hot water

What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

Tee King

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:07:56 -0700, "RN" >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

I use an inexpensive electric kettle (2 L capacity) made by
Toastmaster. It's much faster than boiling water in the microwave.
It has many of the same features of much higher-priced brands (like
auto-shutoff upon boiling, etc.. I'm extremely pleased with it. I
bought it nearly three years ago, and have never had a single problem
with it.

Tee
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Dog Ma 1

> >What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

I waited years to find a decent, cheap little Krups 4-cup electric. It's
perfect except for having the level-indicating tube on the wrong side - must
have been designed by a lefty. It carries sound well enough that I can gauge
the right temperature for greens and oolongs by the bubbling. (OK, the
decavitation parasitic oscillations, but let's not split molecules.)

Re the microwave: since we tea drinkers are all sensitive as s*** (John
Lennon line), people might be amused to know that a microwave is only about
40% efficient at turning electricity into hot water. A kettle's about 100%.
Add in Carnot-cycle limits and distribution losses, and the
coal-to-hot-water energy transfer efficiency is only about 10%. Why I like
to keep a kettle on the wood stove...

-DM

Edward Bertsch

I use the
Bodum 5500-103USA Ibis Cordless Electric Water Kettle

http://tinyurl.com/2xnjg

a.. Holds 8-1/2 to 57-1/2 fluid ounces
a.. Made of polypropelene plastic with stainless-steel heating element
a.. Boils 35 fluid ounces in 4-1/2 minutes

"RN" > wrote in message
> What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

Mike Petro

I have been using these kettles for several years now with mixed
results. I have one that is 3 years old and has been through hell and
back. I have had 2 others where the switch failed after about 1 year
of use. In any event even with the high failure rate its a hard kettle
to beat when you consider you can get it for $20-$30. The Teal and
Orange models are on sale at www.bodum.com for $19.95. At this price I
consider it a disposable kettle and as long as I get a year out of it
I feel I got my money's worth.

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 07:32:27 -0600, "Edward Bertsch" >
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>I use the
>Bodum 5500-103USA Ibis Cordless Electric Water Kettle
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2xnjg
>
>a.. Holds 8-1/2 to 57-1/2 fluid ounces
>a.. Made of polypropelene plastic with stainless-steel heating element
>a.. Boils 35 fluid ounces in 4-1/2 minutes

>"RN" > wrote in message
>> What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply

Jaime

wrote:

>What do you use to heat water in ? Thanks Terry

A whistling kettle.