Raicu

Default BEST TEA FOR ZHONG (GAIWAN)???

BEST TEA FOR ZHONG (GAIWAN)??

Hello,

I would like to know what are the best teas (type of tea and brand) and
water temperature for the 4 different brewing methods(found on the net)
that follow ,using a zhong:

Method 1

It has some similaritis with then gong fu cha method, by filling the zhong
with a lot of tea (about 3-4 times more than for an usual brewing); than
rincing it fast keeping the leafs in the zhong with the lid (filtering
them(and throwing the warm water before the tea infuses ) and than
refilling the zhong with hot water (??what temperature for type of tea??)
waiting 10-20 seconds for the first infusion (??depending on tea??) .Put
the tea from the zhong in a cup and drink. Repeat the procedure for 20-30
seconds (second infusion) and drink, than for more 30..... seconds.
Increase the infusion time by 5-10 or more seconds for each drink ; it
should be 3-4 infusions.

Method 2

Start by putting the usual proportion of tea in the zhong than add 1/4 of
zhong cold water (room temperature) , fill with boiling water and throw fast
th water before it infusises,keeping the leafs in the zhong with the lid
filtering them. Repeat the procedure, but do not flush it; let it infuese
for 30 seconds to 5 minuts depending on the(????) tea put it in a cup and
drink.

Method 3

Mix 1/3(of the zhong) with hot water and usual quantity of tea (for haevy
tea leaf put first the warter than the leafs, for light leafs put frist the
tea then the water); let uncovered for 2 minuts then fill with hot water
cover and let it infuse for a total of 3-5 minuts including the first 2
minuts.

Method 4

Just put hot water and tea(first the water or leafes depinding on their
heaviness/type??? ) cover and let it brew fot 3-5 minuts put in cup
(filtering the leafs with the lid).

Space Cowboy

Oolong from China or Taiwan. I like less oxidized teas like Black
Dragon from China and Pouchong from Taiwan.

Jim

" Raicu" > wrote in message m>...
> BEST TEA FOR ZHONG (GAIWAN)??
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know what are the best teas (type of tea and brand) and
> water temperature for the 4 different brewing methods(found on the net)
> that follow ,using a zhong:

snip
> Method 4
>
> Just put hot water and tea(first the water or leafes depinding on their
> heaviness/type??? ) cover and let it brew fot 3-5 minuts put in cup
> (filtering the leafs with the lid).

Michael Plant

2/6/04

> BEST TEA FOR ZHONG (GAIWAN)??

Green tea, not black.
Green oolong, not dark.
No Pu-erh, please.

Pick a green tea that is *forgiving* -- that is, a tea that will not get
upset or bitter when oversteeped. Use a bit less leaf than you might
normally. Place more leaf in there periodically as you drink your way
through your day. No need to disgard old leaf. Long Jin -- Jim's Black
Dragon -- works well. Traditionally, jasmine balls or other green balls work
well for this purpose and are designed for it. Display teas -- the "other"
Bai Mudan (Pai Mu Tan; White Peony) -- also work beautifully.

Michael

Song Zhong Dan Cong Dominic T. Tea 0 25-09-2007 02:45 PM
Bao Zhong - oh my ! Mal from Oz Tea 2 04-04-2007 03:25 PM
Zhong Guo Cha - Impressions Dominic T. Tea 2 11-09-2006 08:31 PM
web site found - Zhong Guo Cha Shen Tea 17 11-09-2006 09:38 AM
BEST TEA FOR ZHONG (GAIWAN)??? Raicu Tea 0 31-01-2004 02:17 AM