Joanne Rosen

Default arthur wood

The origins of the Wood family in Stoke-on-Trent go back over 250 years to
the famous Master Potters, Ralph and Enoch Wood who were comtemporaries of
Josiah Wedgwood and whose ware is highly-prized and much sought-after to
this day.
The present company was founded in 1884. Under the family's management the
firm expanded considerably and products were successfully developed to
appeal to all tastes, especially teapot sets, following the company's
tradition of offering well-designed, quality earthernware products at
affordable prices. We carry a range of their traditional as well as
childrens teapots. Please select a category from the left.

Arthur Wood closed their doors in Oct. 03 and were bought by another company
who is taking the line out of the UK so we cannot get additional pieces

---

Tee King

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:01:18 GMT, "Joanne Rosen" >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>Arthur Wood closed their doors in Oct. 03 and were bought by another company
>who is taking the line out of the UK so we cannot get additional pieces

Truly a shame. My fave teapot (of many) is a beautiful, delicate,
pink vessel with tiny flowers. If I ever had company, I'd consider
using it. As it is, I rarely use it myself, and only when I feel the
need to be pampered. Arthur Wood made some truly gorgeous pieces,
and, with the Brown Betty, became an icon in British culture.

Tee
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Space Cowboy

If it was a floral teapot from England it was Arthur Wood. That was
their signature.

Jim

Tee King > wrote in message >. ..
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:01:18 GMT, "Joanne Rosen" >
> tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:
>
> >Arthur Wood closed their doors in Oct. 03 and were bought by another company
> >who is taking the line out of the UK so we cannot get additional pieces

> Truly a shame. My fave teapot (of many) is a beautiful, delicate,
> pink vessel with tiny flowers. If I ever had company, I'd consider
> using it. As it is, I rarely use it myself, and only when I feel the
> need to be pampered. Arthur Wood made some truly gorgeous pieces,
> and, with the Brown Betty, became an icon in British culture.
>
> Tee
> http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
> Remove -no-spam- to email me.

Space Cowboy

Sorry everybody I'd have to wait too long to follow up my last Google
post. I'll make a trip cross town too check out the Arthur Wood
teapots at an English supermarket which is where I bought my last
Brown Betty. If nothing else I can stock up on curry sheppard pie and
clotted cream. Yesterday I filled my thermos with Black Dragon to
shovel out the overnight snow which was predicted to be gone by noon
of the previous day. One local tea merchant who attends the tea trade
show in Las Vegas said this year exhibitors are over 500 compared to
50 from a couple of years ago.

Jim

Tee King > wrote in message >. ..
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:01:18 GMT, "Joanne Rosen" >
> tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:
>
> >Arthur Wood closed their doors in Oct. 03 and were bought by another company
> >who is taking the line out of the UK so we cannot get additional pieces

> Truly a shame. My fave teapot (of many) is a beautiful, delicate,
> pink vessel with tiny flowers. If I ever had company, I'd consider
> using it. As it is, I rarely use it myself, and only when I feel the
> need to be pampered. Arthur Wood made some truly gorgeous pieces,
> and, with the Brown Betty, became an icon in British culture.
>
> Tee
> http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
> Remove -no-spam- to email me.

Dave Croft

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message om...
> Sorry everybody I'd have to wait too long to follow up my last Google
> post. I'll make a trip cross town too check out the Arthur Wood
> teapots at an English supermarket which is where I bought my last
> Brown Betty. If nothing else I can stock up on curry sheppard pie and
> clotted cream. Yesterday I filled my thermos with Black Dragon to
> shovel out the overnight snow which was predicted to be gone by noon
> of the previous day. One local tea merchant who attends the tea trade
> show in Las Vegas said this year exhibitors are over 500 compared to
> 50 from a couple of years ago.
> Jim

Hi Jim, I just had a look round the shops in Warrington.(Nr Liverpool.)
A selection of decorative pots, (Cottages Etc) about £8 each.
2 cup brown Bettys £3 each (Not Woods) but in an Asian shop
well made but unbranded 4 cup Brown Betty's £1 each.
Thats right, One Dollar Eighty three cents a pot even when the Dollar is low.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Space Cowboy

I turned around and came back because of the slush and splashback. I
got a nice big BB knockoff from said tea merchant on sale for $10. It
is made in Thailand and has the most beautiful glaze. From a distance
it looks like metal. I can't believe pottery can look like it came
from the foundry. Those cheap Asian teapots will fill the cuppards.
I got some Yin Hao recently and am wondering if an oily residue after
taste with granular red specks would be indicative of a perfume
addition to supplement cheap Jasmine flowers. It taste like any other
Yin Hao except for the aftertaste. Actually I enjoy this version
better than most. How come the # is at a historic high against the $?

Jim

"Dave Croft" > wrote in message >...
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message om...
> > Sorry everybody I'd have to wait too long to follow up my last Google
> > post. I'll make a trip cross town too check out the Arthur Wood
> > teapots at an English supermarket which is where I bought my last
> > Brown Betty. If nothing else I can stock up on curry sheppard pie and
> > clotted cream. Yesterday I filled my thermos with Black Dragon to
> > shovel out the overnight snow which was predicted to be gone by noon
> > of the previous day. One local tea merchant who attends the tea trade
> > show in Las Vegas said this year exhibitors are over 500 compared to
> > 50 from a couple of years ago.
> > Jim

> Hi Jim, I just had a look round the shops in Warrington.(Nr Liverpool.)
> A selection of decorative pots, (Cottages Etc) about £8 each.
> 2 cup brown Bettys £3 each (Not Woods) but in an Asian shop
> well made but unbranded 4 cup Brown Betty's £1 each.
> Thats right, One Dollar Eighty three cents a pot even when the Dollar is low.

David M. Harris

Space Cowboy wrote:

> better than most. How come the # is at a historic high against the $?

When I was first in the UK, in 1968, the pound was worth $2.40. In the
Fifties, it was at $5.00. $1.83 isn't really a historic high.

dmh

Space Cowboy

In the sixties I was buying the Fav 4 albums for $5. In the early
seventies I was traversing Europe and the Middle East on a 'dime' just
two years after college from savings working as a day laborer. So the
buck bought more. I buy antiques from Britain and Germany and lately
it has just been Germany. I know the trade deficit and national debt
aren't helping but it seems Britain is currently a special case. It
doesn't get much press but we're footing the bill for the English
presence in Iraq along with the other coalition members of the
International community so concerned about terrorism. If someone else
is paying I'm on their side too. In the seventies in Europe and the
Middle East I was Canadian to prevent trouble with the locals angry at
the US.

Jim

"David M. Harris" > wrote in message >...
> Space Cowboy wrote:
>
> > better than most. How come the # is at a historic high against the $?
> >

> When I was first in the UK, in 1968, the pound was worth $2.40. In the
> Fifties, it was at $5.00. $1.83 isn't really a historic high.
>
> dmh

King arthur Flour The Cook General Cooking 54 19-11-2015 07:55 PM
Is old wood good wood? Bruce K. Barbecue 3 31-10-2013 11:51 PM
Arthur Miller visits Emery Davis Wine 8 15-02-2007 03:58 AM
King Arthur, Part II A.Pismo Clam Baking 3 14-01-2004 10:27 PM