RJP

Default Tea one of Discover's Top 100

The health benefits of drinking tea made Discover magazine's
list of the top 100 science stories of 2003. This article was
not about the well-known antioxidant benefits of tea, but
rather the fact that tea bolsters the immune system with a
substance called L-theanine. This helps the body to produce
ethylamine, which in turn makes T cells produce far more
infection-killing chemicals, including interferon.

Another poster posted the complete AP story on this
forum in April - you can go back and read it on Google
if you are interested. A search on "interferon" works.

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE from my address)

fLameDogg

"RJP" > wrote in

> The health benefits of drinking tea made Discover magazine's
> list of the top 100 science stories of 2003. This article was
> not about the well-known antioxidant benefits of tea, but
> rather the fact that tea bolsters the immune system with a
> substance called L-theanine. This helps the body to produce
> ethylamine, which in turn makes T cells produce far more
> infection-killing chemicals, including interferon.
>
> Another poster posted the complete AP story on this
> forum in April - you can go back and read it on Google
> if you are interested. A search on "interferon" works.

"A second experiment, using human volunteers, showed that immune system
blood cells from tea drinkers responded five times faster to germs
than did the blood cells of coffee drinkers."

Wow. Thanks for the post. Go tea!

--
fD
Dave

fLameDogg > wrote in message >...
> "RJP" > wrote in
>
> > The health benefits of drinking tea made Discover magazine's
> > list of the top 100 science stories of 2003. This article was
> > not about the well-known antioxidant benefits of tea, but
> > rather the fact that tea bolsters the immune system with a
> > substance called L-theanine. This helps the body to produce
> > ethylamine, which in turn makes T cells produce far more
> > infection-killing chemicals, including interferon.
> >
> > Another poster posted the complete AP story on this
> > forum in April - you can go back and read it on Google
> > if you are interested. A search on "interferon" works.

> "A second experiment, using human volunteers, showed that immune system
> blood cells from tea drinkers responded five times faster to germs
> than did the blood cells of coffee drinkers."
>
> Wow. Thanks for the post. Go tea!

I think coffee has a tendency to lower your immune system. It also
discolors your teeth.

http://teameister.com/