Frederick S. Lane III

Default Chef's Choice Tea Mate Is Getting Old ... Replacement?

Hi --

I have a Chef's Choice "Tea Mate" that has made terrific tea for a
number of years, but is now showing signs of age, wear, and pending
breakdown. The device has been discontinued by Chef's Choice and is
apparently unavailable, even on eBay.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar device for making tea? If
need be, I'll happily revert to kettle and pot, but I do like the
convenience.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Debbie Deutsch

"Frederick S. Lane III" > wrote in news:F9Izb.8840
:

> Hi --
>
> I have a Chef's Choice "Tea Mate" that has made terrific tea for a
> number of years, but is now showing signs of age, wear, and pending
> breakdown. The device has been discontinued by Chef's Choice and is
> apparently unavailable, even on eBay.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar device for making tea? If
> need be, I'll happily revert to kettle and pot, but I do like the
> convenience.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fred

Here is an intermediate option - an electric hot water dispenser. This
is a device that you keep plugged in, and it keeps water at a set
temperature. I have one and love it. Whenever I want to brew some tea,
I have only to decide what kind, measure it into my teapot or filter mug,
add water, and brew. There's no waiting for water to boil. If the water
is too hot for the particular type of tea, I use a trick learned from a
Japanese tea website - dispense the water into a measuring cup or
pitcher, and then pour it into the brewing vessel. Depending on exactly
what intermediate vessel I use, this drops the water temperature by 20
degrees F or more.

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a
throw-away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if

Upton or Chef's Choice Electric Pot Shen[_2_] Tea 37 05-03-2009 04:07 PM
Cuisinart Mini Mate Grinder replacement Kent Cooking Equipment 0 29-06-2007 02:12 AM
Chef's Choice Knife Sharpener? James Egan General Cooking 3 02-07-2005 05:33 PM
Chef's Choice limey Cooking Equipment 36 01-12-2004 09:43 PM
Chef's Choice 120--Chrome or Regular? Sam Cooking Equipment 1 30-11-2004 12:17 PM