Ripon

Default American Classic Tea

"The only American classic tea produced 20 miles south
Charleston,South Carolina-deep in the SC lowcountry, on the
subtropical sea island of Wadmalaw. American classic tea has been
official White House tea since 1987 and is officialy designated as the
hospitality beverage of SC."

Very interesting, Anyone has tried "American classic tea". Would love
to know how is the taste.

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)
Nigel at Teacraft

(Ripon) wrote in message . com>...

(Nigel at Teacraft) wrote in message
> > > Very interesting, Anyone has tried "American classic tea". Would love
> > > to know how is the taste.
> > >
> > > Ripon
> > > (From Bangladesh)

> You mean Bill Hall and mack Fleming split up? I got some information
> through one of my business collogue ( not tea related) from NC that
> This tea suppose to be available from summer 2003. Are you using the
> pakistani company "Tapal" for re-exporting to Hawaii?

No, we are re-exporting cuttings not tea. These came from our long
time client Unilever Pakistan (not Tapal) who now have 600 acres of
tea in the ground in NWFP, under our guidance. We export cuttings all
round the world to entrepreneurs who want to set up tea production
under our advice. Mainly in "marginal countries" where we add value
to offset lower yields and higher labour costs.

> > Happy to say that the new owners are using Teacraft consultancy for
> > technical input on getting their bushes back into shape - using some
> > of the marginal tea area husbandry that we developed in Pakistan (see
> > this thread message No. 2). Some of the unique Charleston tea has
> > been manufactured again this year.

> I heard your company name before but didn't know you are Biigelow's
> official consultancy firm. I am writing a book about tea. may i
> contact you privately for some furthure information? Thank you very
> much for your resourceful post.

Good to know you are writing a book on tea - there is a great shortage
of good written information about the technical side of tea. Please
contact me any time on email
Always happy to
discuss tea.

Nigel at Teacraft