Charles A Lieberman

Default Cooking with tea

Does anyone know a resource for tea recipes (that is, meals the
preparation of which involves handling C. sinensis leaves)? I have some
lapsang I'm wondering if I can do something with other than drink.

--
Charles A. Lieberman | When free speech is outlawed,
New York, New York, USA |
Ben Snyder

"Charles A Lieberman" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know a resource for tea recipes (that is, meals the
> preparation of which involves handling C. sinensis leaves)? I have some
> lapsang I'm wondering if I can do something with other than drink.

This page http://www.sallys-place.com/beverage...oking_with.htm has
some recipes, one of which is chicken which requires lapsang...

-ben

Michael Plant

Ben et10/27/03

> "Charles A Lieberman" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know a resource for tea recipes (that is, meals the
>> preparation of which involves handling C. sinensis leaves)? I have some
>> lapsang I'm wondering if I can do something with other than drink.

> This page http://www.sallys-place.com/beverage...oking_with.htm has
> some recipes, one of which is chicken which requires lapsang...
>
> -ben

Coincidentally, in a conversation with a couple of students the day before
yesterday, one from Taiwan and one from Shanghai, they mentioned the custom
of cooking "tea eggs," which is nothing more than boiling the eggs in a
strong tea. The tea flavor seeps through the shell right into the eggs.
Cool; if you like eggs, that is.

Michael

Agalena

"Charles A Lieberman" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know a resource for tea recipes (that is, meals the
> preparation of which involves handling C. sinensis leaves)? I have some
> lapsang I'm wondering if I can do something with other than drink.

Also see the book "Cooking With Tea" by Robert Wemischner and Diana Rosen.

Stewart Schooley

Charles,

A good place to look is Google Groups,
http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&edition=us&q=

Go there and find;
rec.food.baking
rec.food.cooking
rec.food.recipes

Do a search on each for tea and you will find lots of discussions. I did
a lot of research there before I found this group.

Stewart Schooley