Bob Newell

Default Chilli Tea

Came across this in an e-mail newsletter; of course strictly speaking it's
a tisane rather than a tea. He called it chilli tea (and he says this is
a Commonwealth spelling of 'chile' something for which I cannot vouch). Take
a couple of dried red chiles (variety not specified), infuse in boiling water
(for an unspecified time), and there you have it.

As both a long-time dedicated tea drinker and also what is known as a
'chilehead' this sound fascinating, and I will probably essay it this
weekend. Wondering if anyone else has tried it?

REC: Chilli Jam PeterL[_5_] General Cooking 0 24-05-2007 11:15 PM
Chilli No Idea General Cooking 60 14-06-2006 07:47 AM
Chilli not hot enough DiddyS General Cooking 9 12-02-2006 12:33 AM
Too much chilli Andy General Cooking 22 07-02-2006 02:48 AM
chilli Dennis Hostter General Cooking 39 04-02-2006 11:57 PM