Pen

Default what tea did you buy today?

I just placed an order with The Real Tea Company who are in Wales.
Anyone ever use them?

I ordered -

some of their chai
some genmaicha after reading about it in The Telegraph this past
week-end
kaimosi from Kenya
Inverness OP1 from Ceylon

looking forward to receiving these ...

Pen

COcon28932

Lipton tea

What is genmaicha? Where is that from?
Also, I would like to try chai some day. How is it? I want to learn more of the
kaimosi, and Inverness OPI. Never heard of them
Susan
Pen

On 23 Oct 2003 01:00:12 GMT, (COcon28932) wrote:

>Lipton tea
>
>What is genmaicha? Where is that from?

what led me to it was an article in The Telegraph on Saturday some of
which said when talking about green tea -

On its own, however, green tea can be an acquired taste. That's why
the Real Tea Company, a small, family-run firm based in Wales, has
produced a deliciously nutty Genmaicha (£3.95) tea - a traditional,
Japanese mix of green tea, rice kernels and popcorn.

Also worth trying, the cold and flu-relieving Chai (£5.95) is an
Indian spiced tea based on black Assam leaves, mixed with cinnamon,
nutmeg, cardamom and clove. The company's website includes a page
devoted to the health benefits of drinking tea
(
www.therealteacompany.com, or tel: 01267 253792).

>Also, I would like to try chai some day. How is it? I want to learn more of the
>kaimosi, and Inverness OPI. Never heard of them
>Susan

I bought the chai as my gentleman caller started drinking it once he
gave up dairy products ... I reckon this will be far nicer than the
teabags he uses ...

the kaimosi is from Kenya and the description says -

A deliciously rich, malty brew, best drunk with milk. Great for
breakfast or a pick-me-up!

and the Inverness (nothing to do with the one in Scotland!)

is a Ceylon black tea - A rich, malty flavour with a hint of oranges.
Smooooth!

I am a sucker for enticing descriptions ...

once my order arrives I will report back ...

Pen
(with a mug of an Assam at her elbow here)

John Winford

Great.
I just tried Betjeman&barton website.
I ordered some Blue Montain Tea (my favourite when in Paris) and some Japan
Sencha (one of the finest green tea).

Regards.

JWF

"Pen" <hillave @ btinternet.com > a écrit dans le message de
> I just placed an order with The Real Tea Company who are in Wales.
> Anyone ever use them?
>
> I ordered -
>
> some of their chai
> some genmaicha after reading about it in The Telegraph this past
> week-end
> kaimosi from Kenya
> Inverness OP1 from Ceylon
>
> looking forward to receiving these ...
>
> Pen

Debbie Deutsch

Pen <hillave @ btinternet.com > wrote in
:

> I just placed an order with The Real Tea Company who are in Wales.
> Anyone ever use them?
>
> I ordered -
>
> some of their chai
> some genmaicha after reading about it in The Telegraph this past
> week-end
> kaimosi from Kenya
> Inverness OP1 from Ceylon
>
> looking forward to receiving these ...
>
> Pen

I didn't order any tea today, but last week I got my order from Holy
Mountain tea. It consisted of another 1/4 pound of their wakamidori sencha
that I enjoyed so much about a year ago, a 1/4 pound of their jo genmai cha
(very nice to drink in the middle of the day, and low in caffeine), and a
pu-ehr sampler (8 different kinds, yum). So far I've tried the pu-ehr
golden melon. My current standard pu-ehr is the organic pu-ehr from Rishi.
I like it. It is mellow and warm with no rough edges. Compared with that,
the golden melon is not as mellow or lasting in the mouth, and has sort of
a gray, almost metallic note to it. If I had to choose between the two,
I'd stay with the Rishi. I plan to go through the samples and see how they
relate to each other and to the pu-ehr I have from Rishi. Exploring is
fun!

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when
mark rupp

Debbie,

I just purchased China Pu-Erh Tuo Cha, Size 1 from UptonTea Importers. I
will let the Group know how it brews.

Mark

Debbie Deutsch wrote:
> Pen <hillave @ btinternet.com > wrote in
> :
>

>>I just placed an order with The Real Tea Company who are in Wales.
>>Anyone ever use them?
>>
>>I ordered -
>>
>>some of their chai
>>some genmaicha after reading about it in The Telegraph this past
>>week-end
>>kaimosi from Kenya
>>Inverness OP1 from Ceylon
>>
>>looking forward to receiving these ...
>>
>>Pen
>>

> I didn't order any tea today, but last week I got my order from Holy
> Mountain tea. It consisted of another 1/4 pound of their wakamidori sencha
> that I enjoyed so much about a year ago, a 1/4 pound of their jo genmai cha
> (very nice to drink in the middle of the day, and low in caffeine), and a
> pu-ehr sampler (8 different kinds, yum). So far I've tried the pu-ehr
> golden melon. My current standard pu-ehr is the organic pu-ehr from Rishi.
> I like it. It is mellow and warm with no rough edges. Compared with that,
> the golden melon is not as mellow or lasting in the mouth, and has sort of
> a gray, almost metallic note to it. If I had to choose between the two,
> I'd stay with the Rishi. I plan to go through the samples and see how they
> relate to each other and to the pu-ehr I have from Rishi. Exploring is
> fun!
>
> Debbie

Lewis Perin

On a trip to Washington, DC last weekend my wife and I became
temporary habitués of the Penn Quarter branch of Teaism. It was the
first trip we'd taken in years that didn't require actually using the
tea we brought with us. We bought some of their Golden Yunnan - or is
it Yunnan Gold? - and found it OK but kind of bland.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Joanne Rosen

i received on wednesday an order of sample size oolong teas from upton-
floral tie-guan-yin i was disappointed with this one-not very
floral-light in color
jade oolong imperial terrific-worth the money! rebrewed 2
times-fragrant and green
ali shan oolong not as good as previous ones i have had
but decent
formosa oolong tung-ting not tried as yet

today-friday i received order from kyela teas-
namring upper -ftgfop-
2003
seeyok silver pearls first flush 2003
singell-ftgfop-first flush 2003
avongrove-ftgfop-first flush 2003
samabeong-ftgfop-clonal-first flush 2003

i will be making the upper namring this evening

joanne

---

Natarajan Krishnaswami

I recently made my annual trip to Harney & Sons' tasting room last
weekend,, and picked up some:

Goomtee FTGFOP1 (2nd Flush) Darjeeling
Harishpur FTGFOP1 (Full-Leaf) Assam
Organic Rooibos
Hand-rolled Sencha (Uji)
Organic Pussimbing Silver Marbles (white Darjeeling)

The Goomtee Darjeeling is really fruity, with the gingerbread
spiciness I expect. Not too astringent, with a pleasant lingering
sweetness/bitterness.

The Harishpur Assam is delicious, but I haven't made any in a few days
(when I oversteeped it :-P), so I can't really describe it fairly just
now. As I recall, it withstood the oversteeping admirably, though.
;-)

This is the first time I've tried Rooibos. It had none of the
tea-like body or astringency I was expecting from descriptions. It
has a markedly tobacco/vanilla/cherry/spice nose, and is surprisingly
sweet. It probably would ice well, but is so delicious hot that I
doubt I'll try it.

I haven't made the white or greens yet, since I caught a cold right
around the same time I bought them, and don't want to waste them
before my sense of smell returns to its full acuity.

N.

Nils Schoener

Gunpowder and one "Indian spicy chai". Quite enjoyable, with a lot of
herbs in it - a christmas tea.

Regards,
Nils

Karen

Natarajan Krishnaswami wrote:

> This is the first time I've tried Rooibos. It had none of the
> tea-like body or astringency I was expecting from descriptions. It
> has a markedly tobacco/vanilla/cherry/spice nose, and is surprisingly
> sweet. It probably would ice well, but is so delicious hot that I
> doubt I'll try it.

I'm a big fan of rooibos -- and yes, I understand that it isn't truly
tea. But I can't have any caffeine after noon, and rooibos is a lovely
caffeine free alternative. I can also steep it very strong, with no
bitterness. As you suspect, it is also delicious iced, and I always
have a pitcher of peachy green rooibos in my refrigerator during hot
weather. My hot tea preference is chai rooibos, and the best version
of that I've found is at http://www.culinaryteas.com/Rooibos_Teas/ --
though I've yet to have a bad one.

Karen

Wendi

"Pen" <hillave @ btinternet.com > wrote in message
> I just placed an order with The Real Tea Company who are in Wales.
> Anyone ever use them?

I came across a tea site on the web (The Fragrant Leaf;
www.thefragrantleaf.com ) and purchased sample sizes of:
Kukicha Special Harvest - very flavorful and aromatic.
Yunnan Gold Buds - a bit expensive but very smooth with honey-like flavor.
Keemun Maofeng - really like this one, a bit more delicate flavor than some
of the Keemuns I've had. The aroma is really special.
Bi Luo Chun - found this somewhat bitter but I'm new to green tea so will
try rebrewing another cup..
Mountain Spirit - a chinese green tea. Haven't tried this one yet.

Wendi

Ripon

I just ordered this tea from Imperial tea court. But it will take 3 to
5 days to come to Bangladesh fron US by UPS:-

Imperial Golden Yunnan 100g
Red Peony 100g
Keemun Mao Feng 125g
Lapsang Souchong 125g
Sichuan Black 100g

I will start describing this tea once I start drinking them.

Ripon.
(From Bangladesh)
Agalena

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> I just ordered this tea from Imperial tea court. But it will take 3 to
> 5 days to come to Bangladesh fron US by UPS:-
>
> Imperial Golden Yunnan 100g
> Red Peony 100g
> Keemun Mao Feng 125g
> Lapsang Souchong 125g
> Sichuan Black 100g
>
> I will start describing this tea once I start drinking them.

Their Keemun Mao Feng is divine. Enjoy!

Agalena

Agalena

I just ordered 3 organic green teas to try from Special Teas - Chun Mee,
Green Clouds and Mist, and Jiu Hua Mao Feng. I also ordered some samples of
a few of their decafs and flavored versions of rooibos since I have to watch
my caffeine. I'll let you all know if any of these is exceptional.

Agalena

Got a new one today Marilyn[_3_] General Cooking 0 16-04-2010 06:47 AM
Today Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 24-01-2009 07:30 AM
So...what'd you eat today?? Nexis General Cooking 17 05-07-2006 09:47 PM
Today Is. . . . . Chuck Kopsho General Cooking 6 14-01-2006 10:39 PM
That's it for today terrymcintire Recipes 1 16-10-2004 06:09 PM