FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Hello Everyone! (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/179398-hello-everyone.html)

Jarrno 29-11-2009 11:57 AM

Hello Everyone!

So hello everyone!
Just to let you know that i've joined this group :)
Really looking forward to hear about tea culture in different
countries.
i'm from finland and hear its nothing special..
But what about your country

Thank You!

Aaron W. Hsu[_2_] 30-11-2009 07:09 AM

Hello Everyone!

Jarrno > writes:

>But what about your country

In my country (The United States of America), it's commercial; you can
get just about any type of tea you want, for the right price. In fact,
you can get tea for free just walking out into some of the wilderness.
:-)

As for pepole knowing how to properly drink tea, now wouldn't it be nice
if parents taught their children that!

Aaron W. Hsu

bbh2o 30-11-2009 01:49 PM

Hello Everyone!

i live in Madrid, Spain, and here we have some good tea shops, but
most of them following the english standards for tea. so it's not
usual to find, for example, compressed puerh bings, tuo cha and so...
i've seen a couple of bricks, but decoratives ones...

also i didn't find tasting classes or appreciation classes.

kind regards,
bonifacio barrio hijosa
http://worldoftea.iespana.es/

Space Cowboy 30-11-2009 03:13 PM

Hello Everyone!

I dont know the current state of affairs between your two countries
but the Russians like Ceylon teas. I am close to a immigrated Russian
population and hopefully one day would like to drink tea from an
authentic Samovar. I shop their stores for tea but it is a close knit
community. I could be mistaken but I think I remember a post about
tea purchases in Sweden. Im watching a Japanese horror flick last
night and one scene shows someone making tea in a kyusu. It never
occurred to me before but you can only use the right hand to pour
unless there is a left hand version. If you got questions we got
answers.

Jim

Larry Weil 30-11-2009 09:19 PM

Hello Everyone!

In article >,
Aaron W. Hsu <arcfide@local> wrote:

> As for pepole knowing how to properly drink tea, now wouldn't it be nice
> if parents taught their children that!

The proper way for you to drink tea is whatever way you enjoy. What is
improper are the snobbish control freaks who try to dictate what is
proper for everyone else.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

bcpdsfinest 03-12-2009 07:22 PM

Hello Everyone!

On Nov 29, 5:57*am, Jarrno > wrote:
> So hello everyone!
> Just to let you know that i've joined this group :)
> Really looking forward to hear about tea culture in different
> countries.
> i'm from finland and hear its nothing special..
> But what about your country
>
> Thank You!

Greetings!

Welcome to the group. What part of Finalnd are you from? 30 years ago
I went on a study tour of lower Finland and I must complement you on
what a fine country you live in !! Ironically about a month ago I was
clearing out my basement and in one box I found the Lapp Hunting Knife
that I had bought while there.

Anyhow,I live in Maryland just north of Washington DC and West of
Baltimore. While we have our share of tea shops, we certainly don't
have an under current of Tea culture. One would think that with all
the diplomats from all over the world and also having a very diverse
population anyway that we would have more, but alas we do not!

Thank goodness for the internet as it really makes the world a much
smaller place. I know even just 20 years ago we would have to go to
Asian or English markets as the only places for fine teas. Some tea
houses in our area have opened because of having access to a greater
segment of the tea market that the net provides.

Once again welcome to the group and hope to see your postings again
soon !

Mike
Maryland, USA