Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Hunter/Gatherer or Capitalist

I spend my share of moolah on tea. Not all at once but I do spend too
many nickels and dimes for what I drink. Just like yesterday at my
local tea shoppe first Black Friday sale on teas. I had to stand in
line to buy mine. I use to blame it on Capitalism of Excess. If you
can afford it you can buy it. For millions of years our hominid
ancestors were hunter/gatherers. It just crystalized that my tea
collection is not greed but an ancient desire to hoard more. I
watched two authors present their new books about Ayn Rand a couple of
weeks ago on CSPAN. She couldnt explain Capitalism as being the
natural way of doing business. Im not sure what she would think of
derivatives or credit default swaps. So Ill collect more tea instead
of licking on a gold coin.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Nov 28, 10:22*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> I spend my share of moolah on tea. *Not all at once but I do spend too
> many nickels and dimes for what I drink. *Just like yesterday at my
> local tea shoppe first Black Friday sale on teas. *I had to stand in
> line to buy mine. *I use to blame it on Capitalism of Excess. *If you
> can afford it you can buy it. *For millions of years our hominid
> ancestors were hunter/gatherers. *It just crystalized that my tea
> collection is not greed but an ancient desire to hoard more. *I
> watched two authors present their new books about Ayn Rand a couple of
> weeks ago on CSPAN. *She couldnt explain Capitalism as being the
> natural way of doing business. *Im not sure what she would think of
> derivatives or credit default swaps. *So Ill collect more tea instead
> of licking on a gold coin.
>
> Jim

Buit tea eventually spoils. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Nov 28, 11:22*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> I spend my share of moolah on tea. *Not all at once but I do spend too
> many nickels and dimes for what I drink. *Just like yesterday at my
> local tea shoppe first Black Friday sale on teas. *I had to stand in
> line to buy mine. *I use to blame it on Capitalism of Excess. *If you
> can afford it you can buy it. *For millions of years our hominid
> ancestors were hunter/gatherers. *It just crystalized that my tea
> collection is not greed but an ancient desire to hoard more. *I
> watched two authors present their new books about Ayn Rand a couple of
> weeks ago on CSPAN. *She couldnt explain Capitalism as being the
> natural way of doing business. *Im not sure what she would think of
> derivatives or credit default swaps. *So Ill collect more tea instead
> of licking on a gold coin.
>
> Jim

Tell you what my friend, whether or not driven by some primordial
means, my love of Tea causes me to spend and spend I shall or if by
other means as well.. Fortunately I was helping a friend move the tea
shop he owns and he paid me in Tea late last winter/early spring so I
got a WHOLE lot of tea for free.. That notwithstanding, I think that
it's not even about capitalism but the pursuit of one of life's simple
pleasures.Even if i don't drink it all I still love seeing and
admiring my little collection every day If there comes a day when I
can no longer sustain my whole leaf, high quality Tea habit I'll then
learn to enjoy tea at a lesser level.but will still savor it just the
same!

Mike