Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Reading tea leaves in a movie

Recently I saw They Died With Their Boots On with Errol Flynn from
1941. Of all the Custer movies I liked this one the best. That is my
movie review. In the movie is a scene of reading tea leaves. I think
most of us have seen a gypsy scene reading tea leaves. This one I
thought odd. The tea is drank from a cup with tea leaves. I always
look my tea leaves in the eye. The cup was put upside down in a
saucer and spun around. At this point I think the teas are going to
be read from the saucer. The leaves instead are read from inside the
cup. Which leaves the question what kind of leaves are these anyway.
If larger I think mainly fall onto saucer. I can see fines sticking
to the inside of the cup. In this case the wise old black nanny is
portending the future husband of the white owner.

Jim

PS I could have missed a step. Maybe the teas in the saucer were
dumped back into the cup. I just didnt notice the flip of the saucer
and cup one more time. That introduces some random distribution of
the leaves. Thats how I would do it when taking someones money at a
private reading with the mood lighting and first asking the question
tell me something about yourself before brewing a cup.

Anybody still reading here? Dusty[_3_] Sourdough 31 29-05-2016 05:35 PM
Has someone been reading RFC? sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 20-06-2013 08:59 PM
Fascinating reading James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 22 07-08-2009 02:14 PM
Reading SG from must R-D-C Winemaking 0 23-10-2004 10:51 PM
Does Tea leaves reading culture exgist in US? Ripon Tea 12 26-12-2003 04:41 PM