Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default STARBUCKS NOT TEA

STARBUCKS NOT TEA
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 9, 7:01*pm, wrote:
> STARBUCKS *NOT *TEA

Did you mean;

'Drink Coffee, not Tea!"

or perhaps you meant:

Starbucks is not Real Tea!"

Either of those are valid I suppose.

If instead you are trolling, well. har. Didn't even flicker the
needle a smidgen.

berk
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

berk > wrote:
>On Sep 9, 7:01=A0pm, wrote:
>> STARBUCKS =A0NOT =A0TEA

>Did you mean;
>
>'Drink Coffee, not Tea!"
>
>or perhaps you meant:
>
>Starbucks is not Real Tea!"
>
>Either of those are valid I suppose.

Things at Starbucks seem to be improving. For a long time, every time
I ordered tea at Starbucks, I wound up with a cup that had detectable
coffee contamination.... and there is nothing that makes tea worse than
residual coffee.

The last year or so, things seem to have improved a lot. I don't know
if they changed their procedures or what. But these days I can go in
and get a drinkable cup of black tea made with boiling water, which is
more than I can say for just about any other airport vendor in the US.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 10, 10:07*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> berk > wrote:
> >On Sep 9, 7:01=A0pm, wrote:
> >> STARBUCKS =A0NOT =A0TEA

> >Did you mean;

> >'Drink Coffee, not Tea!"

> >or perhaps you meant:

> >Starbucks is not Real Tea!"

> >Either of those are valid I suppose.

> Things at Starbucks seem to be improving. *For a long time, every time
> I ordered tea at Starbucks, I wound up with a cup that had detectable
> coffee contamination.... and there is nothing that makes tea worse than
> residual coffee.
>
> The last year or so, things seem to have improved a lot. *I don't know
> if they changed their procedures or what. *But these days I can go in
> and get a drinkable cup of black tea made with boiling water, which is
> more than I can say for just about any other airport vendor in the US.
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

There are about three Tazo offerings I can handle. They used to have
one which was green tea with lemongrass, but of course that one was
"too adventurous" and had to be discontinued. Their black tea, and
their plain China green tips are doable. I actually never had a coffee
contamination issue, I also, thankfully, never have to go to Starbucks
again since it was the only option at my last employers location.

Now, I have an awesome local bakery/coffee shop that has amazing
gazpacho, sandwiches, and coffee... still no luck for tea.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 10, 9:48*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:

> Now, I have an awesome local bakery/coffee shop that has amazing
> gazpacho, sandwiches, and coffee... still no luck for tea.
>
> - Dominic

Tell ya what, bring in your tea service complete with every thing and
proceed to make a proper cup, and see if they get the hint....

berk

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 10, 9:10*pm, berk > wrote:
> On Sep 10, 9:48*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
>
> > Now, I have an awesome local bakery/coffee shop that has amazing
> > gazpacho, sandwiches, and coffee... still no luck for tea.

> > - Dominic

> Tell ya what, bring in your tea service complete with every thing and
> proceed to make a proper cup, and see if they get the hint....
>
> berk

I actually talked with them about providing proper tea. They have
some interest so we'll see. Not to the extent of gongfu but what I
believe is a nice compromise between a hot water lever and a teabag
and serious brewing.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Peets and Coffeebean have loose leaf tea so i dont see why *bx has
been hanging on to those Tazo bags... i suppose it sells "tea" and
makes them profit, while acquiring loose leaf tea = hire people,
invest $ to buy a more expensive basic material that might not sell/
make as much profit as the tbags. and its not like majority of people
at *bux are demanding where's yunnan gold tips or such...
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 11, 6:01*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Sep 10, 9:10*pm, berk > wrote:
>
> > On Sep 10, 9:48*am, "Dominic T." > wrote:

> > > Now, I have an awesome local bakery/coffee shop that has amazing
> > > gazpacho, sandwiches, and coffee... still no luck for tea.

> > > - Dominic

> > Tell ya what, bring in your tea service complete with every thing and
> > proceed to make a proper cup, and see if they get the hint....

> > berk

> I actually talked with them about providing proper tea. *They have
> some interest so we'll see. Not to the extent of gongfu but what I
> believe is a nice compromise between a hot water lever and a teabag
> and serious brewing.
>
> - Dominic

OK, but if they bail just set up a card table out front and hawk/
educate.

berk
only joking a little bit...