Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Dragon Pearls v Phoenix Eyes

Both are white bud teas from Fujian in the same area. If there is a
difference it aint worth splitting except by price. The dry DP are
smaller, PE bigger consequently the infused DP are shorter bud, PE
longer. I find the DP have a sweet aromatic note. According to the
Internet the DP are the early spring first bud and the PE first bud
but later. When I talk about white tea these two are my standards
along with YinZhen. If you add a scent you subtract the essential
ephemeral essence of the taste. The Fujian spring bud comes in many
more shapes like sword and rings besides pearls, eyes and needles.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 8, 9:24*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Both are white bud teas from Fujian in the same area. *If there is a
> difference it aint worth splitting except by price. *The dry DP are
> smaller, PE bigger consequently the infused DP are shorter bud, PE
> longer. *I find the DP have a sweet aromatic note. *According to the
> Internet the DP are the early spring first bud and the PE first bud
> but later. *When I talk about white tea these two are my standards
> along with YinZhen. *If you add a scent you subtract the essential
> ephemeral essence of the taste. *The Fujian spring bud comes in many
> more shapes like sword and rings besides pearls, eyes and needles.
>
> Jim

I have a weird aversion to silver needles since they are sort of water
repellent and it bother me and makes me anxious when I brew it.
Strange, I know. I don't care for PE and always try to find Dragon
Pearls, I also had "Dragon Tears" which were excellent and I believe
the same thing as PE. I've had BLC rings once as well.

- Dominic

Ever heard of 'Dragon Spring' or 'Dragon Fountain'? TBerk Tea 2 13-07-2008 02:41 PM
potato pearls MG General Cooking 4 12-12-2005 05:58 AM
ATTN: Phoenix & AZ RFC'ers, Phoenix Cook-In Wayne General Cooking 11 17-08-2004 01:39 AM