Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Magnolia v Jasmine scents

Damn if I can smell or taste the difference after comparing it to a
TOH Jasmine Blossom. If anything Magnolia is even more overpowering.
So that would lead me to believe the recent Magnolia green I got at my
local tea shoppe was mislabeled but I doubt it. I took a quick look
at the Internet and there is a lot of references to "jasmine and
magnolia". So Im thinking the term Jasmine and Magnolia are
interchangeable terms as a Chinese scent. I grew up in the Souh with
Magnolia trees but that was another lifetime.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > writes:

> Damn if I can smell or taste the difference after comparing it to a
> TOH Jasmine Blossom. If anything Magnolia is even more
> overpowering. So that would lead me to believe the recent Magnolia
> green I got at my local tea shoppe was mislabeled but I doubt it. I
> took a quick look at the Internet and there is a lot of references
> to "jasmine and magnolia". So Im thinking the term Jasmine and
> Magnolia are interchangeable terms as a Chinese scent.

That's an interesting idea, but I doubt it. There are widely used
words in Chinese for both jasmine and magnolia so why would an honest
and competent vendor use one word to cover both flowers?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
new addition: Qing Zang
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

At least, I wasnt imagining things.

http://tinyurl.com/ks9pbu

Jim

On Sep 4, 8:22 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Space Cowboy > writes:
> > Damn if I can smell or taste the difference after comparing it to a
> > TOH Jasmine Blossom. If anything Magnolia is even more
> > overpowering. So that would lead me to believe the recent Magnolia
> > green I got at my local tea shoppe was mislabeled but I doubt it. I
> > took a quick look at the Internet and there is a lot of references
> > to "jasmine and magnolia". So Im thinking the term Jasmine and
> > Magnolia are interchangeable terms as a Chinese scent.

> That's an interesting idea, but I doubt it. There are widely used
> words in Chinese for both jasmine and magnolia so why would an honest
> and competent vendor use one word to cover both flowers?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /
> new addition: Qing Zang

A kitchen scents of humor!? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 18 14-06-2007 12:11 AM
magnolia wood for smoking? hankus Barbecue 0 21-08-2006 01:38 PM
Wine scents kits Leo Bueno Wine 4 10-06-2004 02:22 PM
English Muffin Bread Magnolia House B&B Sumter SC [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-12-2003 04:01 PM