Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default My Name is Osmanthus, King of Kings....

I normally keep some of the osmanthus tea from Ten Ren around, for the
occasional time when I or a guest might want a flavoured tea. It's delicate
and pleasant and fairly well-balanced, and it doesn't cost a lot. I like
it more than the osmanthus tea from Upton's or any of the ones I have found
at the Chinatown shops.

But then.... a short while ago I was in San Francisco and I bought some of
the Imperial Tea Court "Osmanthus Dragon Well." It's clearly starting out
with a higher grade a of tea to begin with, and the tea notes make it nicely
through the osmanthus even though the scenting is a lot stronger. I don't
think I have ever drunk a scented tea and gone "Oh, Wow" before, but this
has happened now.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Anytime I see Osmanthus and a green tea I usually buy it. With my
Chinese barometrics Osmanthus cools me down. In this case, it seems a
shame to waste Osmanthus on LongJing :-).

Jim