FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Yunnan white tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/174936-yunnan-white-tea.html)

Space Cowboy 24-07-2009 02:30 PM

Yunnan white tea

I previously mention the owner of my local tea shoppe unloading
chinese teas that dont sell. If its on sale I dont even read the
label. Ive been tasting one off and on for over a year. The big print
says Morning Mist. I always assumed this was some high mountain
Fujian. For some reason I notice the dry leaf looks like BaiMuDan. I
read the fine print on the package and it says Yunnan Green Tea. I
look around on the Internet and nobody says it is a white tea only
green. If you look at the pictures definitely white tea grade, bud
fluff and dried leaves like BaiMuDan. It has none of the harshness of
Yunnan teas. A pleasant surprise.

Jim