FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Milwaukee 6232-6 6 Amp Portable Band Saw (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/172654-milwaukee-6232-6-6-a.html)

[email protected] 22-05-2009 01:16 PM

Milwaukee 6232-6 6 Amp Portable Band Saw

Price:$545.00
Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00005OBDR
Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00005OBDR

This is the saw for cutting steel.So smooth and easily slices throughthick steel.Tried one at work and had to have one for home.Much faster andsmoother than my sawzall.These new Amazon prices are insane, I'm almosttempted to buy one more, but the one I bought will last foreever.This price won't last long.This saw is the best out there and at this priceI would buy it now even if I didn't need it now!!
I bought a replacement for a Milwakee porta band saw.It looks about the same as my old one but this one is made in China.the gearing is not as smoothe as the old,makes more noise than the one made in the USA.It operates good and only time will tell how long it will last.
I've owned mine for over 6 years now (my kit box is a metal one) and have had zero problems with it, with the right blade this Milwaukee saw will cut through most anything you need to cut. In my trade we mostly use it to cut metal, i.e. threaded rod, Uni-Strut, steel pipe, etc., etc. This saw is absolutely bomb-proof AND heavy.Weight is the only negative aspect of this saw. If you're in the market for a portable band saw do yourself a favor and check them out in person, the weight of this saw will surprise you.Because of the weight issue, this saw is now mated to a: Milwaukee 48-08-0260 Band Saw TableThis is the perfect mate for this saw, the cuts are clean & straight plus the blades last longer because the saw is not flopping around.Because the Milwaukee is not that portable anymore, the replacement for it is the: Porter-Cable 97724 Porta Band 6 Amp Portable Band Saw. My Porter Cable saw (about 5 years old now) is as durable as the Milwaukee and it's quite a bit lighter, at the end of the day is when you really notice the weight difference.Replacement service parts are available & easy to get for both saws, I can't see myself giving up either saw.
Amazon.com purchase. Timely delivery and excellent price. Product quality and durability as anticipated. Have several other Milwaukee power tools.Bill SproatCartersville, GA
Can't say enough good about this saw. Makes my jobs go so much faster. Never a bad cut.
6A, 4-3/4" Deep Cut Portable Band Saw, Has A Cutting Capacity Of 4-3/4" x 4-3/4", With High Torque & A Powerful Motor, Maintains A Steady, Optimum Blade Speed, Its Excellent Balance, High Visibility And Quick Blade Change System Make It Very Easy To Work With, With All Ball And Roller Bearing Construction & Worm Gear & Chain Drive Mechanism, This Tool Is Built To Last, Has A Self-Lubricating System That Protects It From Wear & Ensures A Long & Useful Life, No Oiling Needed, Includes The 4-3/4" Band Saw and Carrying Case

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Milwaukee 48-39-0521 44-7/8-Inch, 18 Teeth per Inch, Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades, 3-Pack:http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00004U0XE
Milwaukee 48-08-0260 Band Saw Table:http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000022486
Milwaukee 48-39-0551 44-7/8-Inch, 10/14 Teeth per Inch, Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades, 3-Pack:http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00004U0XL