Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default My love for Luzianne

I never really thought much about the cheap black teabags but I tend
to buy Luzianne a lot. Not for any real reason (so I thought) so last
time I thought I'd switch it up and get Red Rose... mistake. I quickly
realized that it is nowhere near as good a Luzianne. But I didn't know
why, I hadn't ever paid a ton of attention to any particular flavors
or aromas. I tend to only drink this kind of tea with either a fair
amount of honey or rock sugar and usually when I'm sick or just want
something hot and sweet.

I bought a new box of Luzianne and was determined to pay attention to
what made it stand out and I was actually kind of shocked with the
result. Luzianne has notes of Puerh. It has a more earthy punch to it
and almost a spicy note as well. The Red Rose (which I had always
thought to be OK before I had been drinking Luzianne as my "teabag of
choice" for a couple of years) doesn't have any real strong note at
all and is sort of malty and bland. I just can't do American Lipton at
all it has an "artificial" taste I can't put my finger on but that I
do not like.

I did have some luck with Giant Eagle's "Market District" Assam Black
Tea. Giant Eagle is a regional supermarket chain and Market District
is their answer to places like Whole Foods. A little better quality,
sometimes organic, and a bit more expensive. It isn't made up of
fannings or dust but of actual Assam tea.

I thought I'd share and I'd be interested if any Puerh fans here have
ever noticed this or it may be an option for when you are slumming it
and don't have the money for a vintage bing... it'll hardly compare
but some of the notes are there. FWIW.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

A successful blend has the unique taste and the right price. I could
see a connection between a Bayou swamp and puer. Years ago there was
a discussion about the change in Red Rose taste for the worse. This
was about the time when you got ceramic theme figurines in their
boxes. I got a couple of Noahs Ark. The prices on Ebay were out of
site to fill out a collection. These days I find tea bags
inconvenient. Sometimes when I drink tea I feel the words of Van
Morrison 'take me back, take me way way back' to childhood memories of
trips through the tea aisle where I picture Luzianne beside Liptons.

Jim

PS Hey Dominic are the recent spam posts coming through Google Groups
or a nntp newsgroup service.

On Apr 14, 1:16 pm, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> I never really thought much about the cheap black teabags but I tend
> to buy Luzianne a lot. Not for any real reason (so I thought) so last
> time I thought I'd switch it up and get Red Rose... mistake. I quickly
> realized that it is nowhere near as good a Luzianne. But I didn't know
> why, I hadn't ever paid a ton of attention to any particular flavors
> or aromas. I tend to only drink this kind of tea with either a fair
> amount of honey or rock sugar and usually when I'm sick or just want
> something hot and sweet.
>
> I bought a new box of Luzianne and was determined to pay attention to
> what made it stand out and I was actually kind of shocked with the
> result. Luzianne has notes of Puerh. It has a more earthy punch to it
> and almost a spicy note as well. The Red Rose (which I had always
> thought to be OK before I had been drinking Luzianne as my "teabag of
> choice" for a couple of years) doesn't have any real strong note at
> all and is sort of malty and bland. I just can't do American Lipton at
> all it has an "artificial" taste I can't put my finger on but that I
> do not like.
>
> I did have some luck with Giant Eagle's "Market District" Assam Black
> Tea. Giant Eagle is a regional supermarket chain and Market District
> is their answer to places like Whole Foods. A little better quality,
> sometimes organic, and a bit more expensive. It isn't made up of
> fannings or dust but of actual Assam tea.
>
> I thought I'd share and I'd be interested if any Puerh fans here have
> ever noticed this or it may be an option for when you are slumming it
> and don't have the money for a vintage bing... it'll hardly compare
> but some of the notes are there. FWIW.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 15, 9:13*am, wrote:
> A successful blend has the unique taste and the right price. *I could
> see a connection between a Bayou swamp and puer. *Years ago there was
> a discussion about the change in Red Rose taste for the worse. *This
> was about the time when you got ceramic theme figurines in their
> boxes. *I got a couple of Noahs Ark. *The prices on Ebay were out of
> site to fill out a collection. *These days I find tea bags
> inconvenient. *Sometimes when I drink tea I feel the words of Van
> Morrison 'take me back, take me way way back' to childhood memories of
> trips through the tea aisle where I picture Luzianne beside Liptons.
>
> Jim
>
> PS *Hey Dominic are the recent spam posts coming through Google Groups
> or *a nntp newsgroup service.

Honestly I haven't even looked... I recently switched jobs and I'm
pretty busy every day so I just enjoy the forum for what it is and
gave up playing officer... I get nasty emails from people when I try
to help anyhow. I'll try to look into it later tonight.

I think Red Rose is on to circus animals now... I got a seal with a
ball on his nose.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 15, 12:47*pm, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> Honestly I haven't even looked... I recently switched jobs and I'm
> pretty busy every day so I just enjoy the forum for what it is and
> gave up playing officer... I get nasty emails from people when I try
> to help anyhow. I'll try to look into it later tonight.
>
> I think Red Rose is on to circus animals now... I got a seal with a
> ball on his nose.
>
> - Dominic

I didn't have a ton of time but I have looked through a number o the
Spam posts and they are all coming from gmail.com email accounts so it
is safe to say they are using Google groups to post the spam. The best
thing to do is to click on "options" in Google Groups and select
anything, but it is about the only recourse. I'll dig a bit deeper
when I have some free time... which seems like it will be when I'm
flying in my car while Rosie cooks me dinner in my bubble/home. Gotta
run, I've got sprockets to make.

- Dominic