Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea in Malls

I hadnt been to this one mall in years. I went yesterday and was
struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. There was not one but three
green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. I
came across Teavana. I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
because it was wallpapered up. It had an impressive facade with the
characters in copper in several places atop the store. There was a
huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted. I
stopped by the nearby Cost Plus World Market. It had an assortment of
tisane flavored puer tea bags I hadnt seen before. Who out there
laughing watches me throw my money away when there is something better
elsewhere.

Jim

PS Hey Sbarro how could a slice of spinach/mushroom pizza sitting
under the heat lamps, reheated in the oven taste like it came out of
the icebox when I finally paid standing in line at lunch hour.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 1, 9:32*am, wrote:
> I hadnt been to this one mall in years. *I went yesterday and was
> struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. *There was not one but three
> green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. *I
> came across Teavana. *I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
> because it was wallpapered up. *It had an impressive facade with the
> characters in copper in several places atop the store. *There was a
> huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted. *I
> stopped by the nearby Cost Plus World Market. *It had an assortment of
> tisane flavored puer tea bags I hadnt seen before. *Who out there
> laughing watches me throw my money away when there is something better
> elsewhere.
>
> Jim
>
> PS *Hey Sbarro how could a slice of spinach/mushroom pizza sitting
> under the heat lamps, reheated in the oven taste like it came out of
> the icebox when I finally paid standing in line at lunch hour.

Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity. I realized on my last
trip to the mall that I finally reached that point where I no longer
"get" the mall. Half of the stores I didn't even understand what they
sold, the other half had super dim lighting and carried nothing larger
than a men's medium.

I think it's worth the effort to go to a real clothing store, a real
tea shop, and then a good Italian joint. I'm so un-American.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 08:30:25 -0800 (PST), dxt178
> wrote:

>On Mar 1, 9:32*am, wrote:
>> I hadnt been to this one mall in years. *I went yesterday and was
>> struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. *There was not one but three
>> green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. *I
>> came across Teavana. *I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
>> because it was wallpapered up. *It had an impressive facade with the
>> characters in copper in several places atop the store. *There was a
>> huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted. *I
>> stopped by the nearby Cost Plus World Market. *It had an assortment of
>> tisane flavored puer tea bags I hadnt seen before. *Who out there
>> laughing watches me throw my money away when there is something better
>> elsewhere.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> PS *Hey Sbarro how could a slice of spinach/mushroom pizza sitting
>> under the heat lamps, reheated in the oven taste like it came out of
>> the icebox when I finally paid standing in line at lunch hour.

>Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity. I realized on my last
>trip to the mall that I finally reached that point where I no longer
>"get" the mall. Half of the stores I didn't even understand what they
>sold, the other half had super dim lighting and carried nothing larger
>than a men's medium.
>
>I think it's worth the effort to go to a real clothing store, a real
>tea shop, and then a good Italian joint. I'm so un-American.

You forgot to mention pompous.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 1, 12:31*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> You forgot to mention pompous.

Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
threatened by that.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178
> wrote:

>On Mar 1, 12:31*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>> You forgot to mention pompous.

>Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
>chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
>I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
>actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
>terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
>slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
>tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
you have conveniently elided, was

"Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."

Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!

>That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
>mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
>stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
>save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
>you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
>a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
>threatened by that.

I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 1, 3:36*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178
>
> > wrote:
> >On Mar 1, 12:31*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> >> You forgot to mention pompous.

> >Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
> >chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
> >I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
> >actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
> >terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
> >slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
> >tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

> You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
> you have conveniently elided, was
>
> * "Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."
>
> Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
> tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
> lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!
>
> >That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
> >mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
> >stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
> >save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
> >you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
> >a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
> >threatened by that.

> I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
> shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
> Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
> didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

I kinda figured it was just trolling. I think my reply directly to a
post about Teavana and Sbarro was pretty clear actually. Your
ignorance is showing. But I'd love to hear about the "top rate" mall
shops you've found. Personally, I like Sakio Japan in the food court
and their soba noodles and teriyaki chicken... outside of that I
couldn't name a top rate shop in a mall.

Have a nice day,
- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Teavana is right on for a mall, but misplaced,
the best spot for Teavana is between Bose and a mattress store.

Sakkio is tasty but they dont put alot of meat, i do the double meat
thing yum
(i dont think there was Sakkio in Los Angeles malls, but I have nice
memories of a Hawaiian? bbq place in a Glendale mall, huge pile of
tasty meat)
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 1, 2:45*pm, dxt178 > wrote:
> On Mar 1, 3:36*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178

> > > wrote:

> > >Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
> > >chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
> > >I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
> > >actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
> > >terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
> > >slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
> > >tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

> > You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
> > you have conveniently elided, was

> > * "Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."

> > Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
> > tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
> > lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!

> > >That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
> > >mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
> > >stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
> > >save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
> > >you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
> > >a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
> > >threatened by that.

> > I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
> > shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
> > Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
> > didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

> I kinda figured it was just trolling. I think my reply directly to a
> post about Teavana and Sbarro was pretty clear actually. Your
> ignorance is showing. But I'd love to hear about the "top rate" mall
> shops you've found. Personally, I like Sakio Japan in the food court
> and their soba noodles and teriyaki chicken... outside of that I
> couldn't name a top rate shop in a mall.
>
> Have a nice day,
> - Dominic- Hide quoted text -

I had three malls in the 1990; two are closed and torn down and one
has dwindled almost to nothing. I usually ate Chinese or Greek when I
went to one of them; not good but passable, and only slightly more
expensive than other eateries. The only first rate deely-bob was the
US Government set of documents, which are more fun browsing than
getting by mail. No tea, unless you count questionable stuff at
health food stores. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:45:15 -0800 (PST), dxt178
> wrote:

>On Mar 1, 3:36*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
>> >chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
>> >I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
>> >actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
>> >terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
>> >slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
>> >tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

>> You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
>> you have conveniently elided, was
>>
>> * "Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."
>>
>> Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
>> tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
>> lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!
>>
>> >That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
>> >mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
>> >stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
>> >save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
>> >you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
>> >a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
>> >threatened by that.

>> I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
>> shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
>> Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
>> didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

>I kinda figured it was just trolling.

Cute. When you've been caught making an idiotic and pompous statement,
scream "troll". Certainly easier than a lucid response and less
painful than admitting that you are a tight-ass loser wannabe who goes
around ****ing on anything successful.

>I think my reply directly to a
>post about Teavana and Sbarro was pretty clear actually.

Ah, but you didn't just limit yourself to that. You dissed all malls
and all shops in malls. And now you are backpedalling furiously.

>Your
>ignorance is showing. But I'd love to hear about the "top rate" mall
>shops you've found.

Talk about ignorant. Actually, you probably know better, but now you
are trolling. If you truly believe that no mall anywhere has any
quality shops, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Just a few of the shops in some of the local malls include, in
addition to all of the big name department stores, Coach, Louis
Vuitton, Papyrus, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Cartier, Tiffany,
Brooks Brothers, Talbots, and Wilkes Bashford, just to name a few.

One mall has a specialty meat store that is excellent.

>Personally, I like Sakio Japan in the food court
>and their soba noodles and teriyaki chicken... outside of that I
>couldn't name a top rate shop in a mall.

Well, I guess we know where your tastes lie.

Hey, didn't I see you in McDonalds the other day? I thought so.

Bye
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mar 1, 7:38*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> Bye

OK, cya.

Namaste,
- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

As it turns out Teavana was opening. It is one of the glitziest
storefronts on the mall. Its in a protruding corner with three
views. Lots of light and glass making tea pots sparkle. It was quiet
busy on a weekday. Nobody hard selling from the floor, everybody just
ringing up the 3 registers. I finally got to the front and ordered
three teas, Darjeeling, Gyokuro, Tung Ting Jade Oolong. I cant
complain except for price. This store specialized in the waif scent
experience by fanning the lid while tilting the big round cannisters.
One of the dynamics I see similar to a Chinatown shoppe the employee
handles the tea. I could still count on a six toe cat the number of
unscented teas. The tea cannisters are fixed in the back of the store
so all they could do is change teas not add. I would expect in these
times Teavana would be another chain going down. No so. Whatever
your idea of what a tea shoppe should be, doesnt count, only the
customers spending money. All I can hope for is that this store might
clue people there are other tea shoppes in town.

Jim

PS u talkin to me.

On Mar 1, 8:32 am, wrote:
> I hadnt been to this one mall in years. I went yesterday and was
> struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. There was not one but three
> green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. I
> came acrossTeavana. I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
> because it was wallpapered up. It had an impressive facade with the
> characters in copper in several places atop the store. There was a
> huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 21, 10:02*am, wrote:
> As it turns out Teavana was opening. *It is one of the glitziest
> storefronts on the mall. * *Its in a protruding corner with three
> views. *Lots of light and glass making tea pots sparkle. *It was quiet
> busy on a weekday. *Nobody hard selling from the floor, everybody just
> ringing up the 3 registers. *I finally got to the front and ordered
> three teas, Darjeeling, Gyokuro, Tung Ting Jade Oolong. *I cant
> complain except for price. *This store specialized in the waif scent
> experience by fanning the lid while tilting the big round cannisters.
> One of the dynamics I see similar to a Chinatown shoppe the employee
> handles the tea. *I could still count on a six toe cat the number of
> unscented teas. *The tea cannisters are fixed in the back of the store
> so all they could do is change teas not add. *I would expect in these
> times Teavana would be another chain going down. *No so. *Whatever
> your idea of what a tea shoppe should be, doesnt count, only the
> customers spending money. *All I can hope for is that this store might
> clue people there are other tea shoppes in town.
>
> Jim
>
> PS *u talkin to me.
>
> On Mar 1, 8:32 am, wrote:
>
> > I hadnt been to this one mall in years. *I went yesterday and was
> > struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. *There was not one but three
> > green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. *I
> > came acrossTeavana. *I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
> > because it was wallpapered up. *It had an impressive facade with the
> > characters in copper in several places atop the store. *There was a
> > huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." > provided
the link

> http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428

Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
aspiring tea store owners Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.

Nigel at Teacraft
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

http://tinyurl.com/dy3h6r

If it makes you happy I was by this Teavana recently. It was empty.
I didnt go in because I couldnt hide.

Jim

PS If you find a job you like youll never have to work a day in your
life.

On Apr 21, 2:32 pm, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Apr 21, 10:02 am, wrote:
>
> > As it turns out Teavana was opening. It is one of the glitziest
> > storefronts on the mall. Its in a protruding corner with three
> > views. Lots of light and glass making tea pots sparkle. It was quiet
> > busy on a weekday. Nobody hard selling from the floor, everybody just
> > ringing up the 3 registers. I finally got to the front and ordered
> > three teas, Darjeeling, Gyokuro, Tung Ting Jade Oolong. I cant
> > complain except for price. This store specialized in the waif scent
> > experience by fanning the lid while tilting the big round cannisters.
> > One of the dynamics I see similar to a Chinatown shoppe the employee
> > handles the tea. I could still count on a six toe cat the number of
> > unscented teas. The tea cannisters are fixed in the back of the store
> > so all they could do is change teas not add. I would expect in these
> > times Teavana would be another chain going down. No so. Whatever
> > your idea of what a tea shoppe should be, doesnt count, only the
> > customers spending money. All I can hope for is that this store might
> > clue people there are other tea shoppes in town.

> > Jim

> > PS u talkin to me.

> > On Mar 1, 8:32 am, wrote:

> > > I hadnt been to this one mall in years. I went yesterday and was
> > > struck I didnt have to dodge anybody. There was not one but three
> > > green tea weight loss stands with fat people sipping a sampler. I
> > > came acrossTeavana. I couldnt tell if it was opening or closing
> > > because it was wallpapered up. It had an impressive facade with the
> > > characters in copper in several places atop the store. There was a
> > > huge mural of Chinese scenes which looked like it was handpainted.

> http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel > wrote:
> On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." > provided
> the link
>

> >http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428

> Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
> aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
> Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.
>
> Nigel at Teacraft

While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
accurate and disturbing. I have been in two Teavanas in two different
geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
that post lays bare all that needs to be said.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
> wrote:

>On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel > wrote:
>> On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." > provided
>> the link
>>

>> >http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428

>> Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
>> aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
>> Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.
>>
>> Nigel at Teacraft

>While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
>original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
>accurate and disturbing.

Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.

>I have been in two Teavanas in two different
>geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
>some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
>as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
>again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
>that post lays bare all that needs to be said.

Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:26:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/dy3h6r

>If it makes you happy I was by this Teavana recently. It was empty.
>I didnt go in because I couldnt hide.

And you are a pompous asshole, too. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

>Jim
>
>PS If you find a job you like youll never have to work a day in your
>life.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
>

> > wrote:
> >On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel > wrote:
> >> On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." > provided
> >> the link

> >> Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
> >> aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
> >> Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.

> >> Nigel at Teacraft

> >While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
> >original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
> >accurate and disturbing.

> Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.
>
> >I have been in two Teavanas in two different
> >geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
> >some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
> >as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
> >again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
> >that post lays bare all that needs to be said.

> Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.

So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
in and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
maneuver. Clever.

I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
time just to make a post like the one above.

I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
> wrote:

>On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
>> >original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
>> >accurate and disturbing.

>> Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.
>>
>> >I have been in two Teavanas in two different
>> >geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
>> >some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
>> >as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
>> >again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
>> >that post lays bare all that needs to be said.

>> Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.

>So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
>Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
>in and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
>and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
>maneuver. Clever.
>
>I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
>do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
>you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
>any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
>time just to make a post like the one above.
>
>I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
>a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
>little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!

Hey, it's dirty work, but someone has to do it.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 22, 10:37*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
>

> > wrote:
> >On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
> >> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."

> >> Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.

> >> Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.

> >So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
> >Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
> >in *and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
> >and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
> >maneuver. Clever.

> >I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
> >do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
> >you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
> >any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
> >time just to make a post like the one above.

> >I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
> >a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
> >little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!

> Hey, it's dirty work, but someone has to do it.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, nobody has to do it, except as Jim implied, possibly for
their own sanity. Tell us what kind of teas you drink, and why. If
you really want to get into nastiness, try alt. depression flame.
Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ill bet I bought more tea at Teavana than you. I cant pass up a tea
store good or bad. Ill probably go back and buy their doubled walled
glass matcha bowl for $10. Ill pass on the whisk which cost $$$
extra. The newest Teavana is in one of the malls of the national
corporation that just went bankrupt. Interesting what will happen to
the residential community that specifically incorporated into a city
and annexed the mall so they could obtain the sales tax in lieu of
residential property tax. I wont name the group who thought this one
up but they had some kutzpah.

Jim

PS I can explain the disgruntled male employee who couldnt make sales
quota. The two in my area would give Hooters a run for their money.

On Apr 22, 10:03 am, wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:26:11 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/dy3h6r

> >If it makes you happy I was by this Teavana recently. It was empty.
> >I didnt go in because I couldnt hide.

> And you are a pompous asshole, too. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 23, 8:22*am, wrote:
> Ill bet I bought more tea at Teavana than you. *I cant pass up a tea
> store good or bad. *Ill probably go back and buy their doubled walled
> glass matcha bowl for $10. *Ill pass on the whisk which cost $$$
> extra. *The newest Teavana is in one of the malls of the national
> corporation that just went bankrupt. *Interesting what will happen to
> the residential community that specifically incorporated into a city
> and annexed the mall so they could obtain the sales tax in lieu of
> residential property tax. *I wont name the group who thought this one
> up but they had some kutzpah.
>
> Jim
>
> PS *I can explain the disgruntled male employee who couldnt make sales
> quota. *The two in my area would give Hooters a run for their money.

I gave it a shot too (twice actually not including the numerous tea
gifts people are sure I will love from there)... I have a similar
problem passing up any tea. I think that article was written by a
female, but I have no way of knowing her assets. See something like a
$10 matcha bowl intrigues me too, but I just won't do it for a couple
reasons: The main one is that the employee who sells you that bowl
sans expensive whisk or matcha powder is going to take a hit for it
(I've worked retail, so even though some may think I'm so pompous it
couldn't be further from the truth, and "attachment rate" or whatever
the store calls it when an associate doesn't sell accessories - which
is where the markup is - stats suffer and pressure is poured on.) the
second is that my teaware all has a story or an adventure behind it
which is what makes it special, having something from a place I
despise and know fully well is exploiting both tea and workers doesn't
exactly lend itself to a peacful mood and enjoyment for me.

I've said it before and saying it again, everyone is entitled to
differing opinions/outlooks/etc. some may have no moral issue with
shopping at Teavana... that's fine, my only aim is to inform people
about what may or may not be happening there. I believe that post from
the worker was most likely quite accurate and while not all Teavana's
fault, most is and most is not in the spirit of why we drink tea. Now,
I'm off to brew some of the finest Gyokuro in a gold chalice just to
toss it out on lesser passerby.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Interesting Comments on Mall Tea Shops... we have 3 Teavanas that have
arrived in the Phoenix metro area in the last 3 years. Although their
style is different from many shops I am counting on them to help
continue to raise awareness about loose tea. There are still a lot of
folks in the US that are new to the loose tea experience.

Bret from Souvia Tea
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I may not go again to this mall for any reason, because I discovered
they built a huge outdoor section over the Winter. They're now in
bankruptsy and you know the contractors will have to settle pennies on
the dollar. Upselling who ever hear of such a thing. At least
Teavana puts something on the line. Thats more than you can say for
websites selling tea.

Jim