Tea (rec.drink.tea) Discussion relating to tea, the world's second most consumed beverage (after water), made by infusing or boiling the leaves of the tea plant (C. sinensis or close relatives) in water.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-04-2009, 05:01 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Tea in Malls

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
wrote:

On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." provided
the link



http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428


Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.

Nigel at Teacraft


While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
accurate and disturbing.


Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.

I have been in two Teavanas in two different
geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
that post lays bare all that needs to be said.


Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.

  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-04-2009, 05:03 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
Default Tea in Malls

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:26:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/dy3h6r

If it makes you happy I was by this Teavana recently. It was empty.
I didnt go in because I couldnt hide.


And you are a pompous asshole, too. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

Jim

PS If you find a job you like youll never have to work a day in your
life.


  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 01:22 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,096
Default Tea in Malls

On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."



wrote:
On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." provided
the link


http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428


Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.


Nigel at Teacraft


While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
accurate and disturbing.


Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.

I have been in two Teavanas in two different
geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
that post lays bare all that needs to be said.


Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.


So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
in and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
maneuver. Clever.

I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
time just to make a post like the one above.

I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!

- Dominic
  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 04:37 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Tea in Malls

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."
wrote:

On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."



wrote:
On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." provided
the link


http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428


Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.


Nigel at Teacraft


While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
accurate and disturbing.


Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.

I have been in two Teavanas in two different
geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
that post lays bare all that needs to be said.


Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.


So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
in and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
maneuver. Clever.

I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
time just to make a post like the one above.

I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!


Hey, it's dirty work, but someone has to do it.
  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 10:15 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 426
Default Tea in Malls

On Apr 22, 10:37*pm, Nucular Reaction wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:22:50 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."





wrote:
On Apr 22, 12:01*pm, Nucular Reaction wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:34:12 -0700 (PDT), "Dominic T."


wrote:
On Apr 22, 4:00*am, Nigel wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:32*pm, "Dominic T." provided
the link


http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=82428


Dominic, thanks for that - I hadn't seen it - a lesson for all
aspiring tea store owners *Good to know that Teavana founders Andy and
Nancy Mack are still sticking so well to their guiding principles.


Nigel at Teacraft


While some "problems" in that post can easily be attributed to the
original writer's own faults a large portion of it can not and is very
accurate and disturbing.


Disturbing? Teen pregnancy is disturbing. You are disturbed.


I have been in two Teavanas in two different
geographic areas and after reading that post I could see exactly how
some of my experiences are explained. It really does nothing for tea
as a whole and I have no respect or desire to ever step foot in one
again. Everyone is free to form their own opinion, but I really think
that post lays bare all that needs to be said.


Gag. Tight-ass, pompous, dipshit.


So from your profile you lurk in groups about Bridge, Woodworking,
Golf, and Tea and never add anything to any conversation but just pop
in *and add some half-assed attempt at slamming someone for no reason
and then slink back into the shadows to await your next strategic
maneuver. Clever.


I don't like to feed trolls, but I'd love to know what folks like you
do in everyday life. Is it scary? Is it very depressed and lonely? Do
you feel misunderestimated? Instead of actually producing or adding to
any sort of collective knowledge your sole existence is to bide your
time just to make a post like the one above.


I know this will go nowhere and I honestly have zero hope that I'd get
a valuable response, but it does boggle my mind. Hopefully these
little anonymous, online outbursts keeps you stable and sane. Cheers!


Hey, it's dirty work, but someone has to do it.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Actually, nobody has to do it, except as Jim implied, possibly for
their own sanity. Tell us what kind of teas you drink, and why. If
you really want to get into nastiness, try alt. depression flame.
Toci


  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 01:22 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 258
Default Tea in Malls

Ill bet I bought more tea at Teavana than you. I cant pass up a tea
store good or bad. Ill probably go back and buy their doubled walled
glass matcha bowl for $10. Ill pass on the whisk which cost $$$
extra. The newest Teavana is in one of the malls of the national
corporation that just went bankrupt. Interesting what will happen to
the residential community that specifically incorporated into a city
and annexed the mall so they could obtain the sales tax in lieu of
residential property tax. I wont name the group who thought this one
up but they had some kutzpah.

Jim

PS I can explain the disgruntled male employee who couldnt make sales
quota. The two in my area would give Hooters a run for their money.

On Apr 22, 10:03 am, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:26:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/dy3h6r


If it makes you happy I was by this Teavana recently. It was empty.
I didnt go in because I couldnt hide.


And you are a pompous asshole, too. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.


  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 04:06 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,096
Default Tea in Malls

On Apr 23, 8:22*am, wrote:
Ill bet I bought more tea at Teavana than you. *I cant pass up a tea
store good or bad. *Ill probably go back and buy their doubled walled
glass matcha bowl for $10. *Ill pass on the whisk which cost $$$
extra. *The newest Teavana is in one of the malls of the national
corporation that just went bankrupt. *Interesting what will happen to
the residential community that specifically incorporated into a city
and annexed the mall so they could obtain the sales tax in lieu of
residential property tax. *I wont name the group who thought this one
up but they had some kutzpah.

Jim

PS *I can explain the disgruntled male employee who couldnt make sales
quota. *The two in my area would give Hooters a run for their money.


I gave it a shot too (twice actually not including the numerous tea
gifts people are sure I will love from there)... I have a similar
problem passing up any tea. I think that article was written by a
female, but I have no way of knowing her assets. See something like a
$10 matcha bowl intrigues me too, but I just won't do it for a couple
reasons: The main one is that the employee who sells you that bowl
sans expensive whisk or matcha powder is going to take a hit for it
(I've worked retail, so even though some may think I'm so pompous it
couldn't be further from the truth, and "attachment rate" or whatever
the store calls it when an associate doesn't sell accessories - which
is where the markup is - stats suffer and pressure is poured on.) the
second is that my teaware all has a story or an adventure behind it
which is what makes it special, having something from a place I
despise and know fully well is exploiting both tea and workers doesn't
exactly lend itself to a peacful mood and enjoyment for me.

I've said it before and saying it again, everyone is entitled to
differing opinions/outlooks/etc. some may have no moral issue with
shopping at Teavana... that's fine, my only aim is to inform people
about what may or may not be happening there. I believe that post from
the worker was most likely quite accurate and while not all Teavana's
fault, most is and most is not in the spirit of why we drink tea. Now,
I'm off to brew some of the finest Gyokuro in a gold chalice just to
toss it out on lesser passerby.

- Dominic
  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-04-2009, 10:48 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Default Tea in Malls

Interesting Comments on Mall Tea Shops... we have 3 Teavanas that have
arrived in the Phoenix metro area in the last 3 years. Although their
style is different from many shops I am counting on them to help
continue to raise awareness about loose tea. There are still a lot of
folks in the US that are new to the loose tea experience.

Bret from Souvia Tea
  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-04-2009, 01:07 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 258
Default Tea in Malls

I may not go again to this mall for any reason, because I discovered
they built a huge outdoor section over the Winter. They're now in
bankruptsy and you know the contractors will have to settle pennies on
the dollar. Upselling who ever hear of such a thing. At least
Teavana puts something on the line. Thats more than you can say for
websites selling tea.

Jim

On Apr 23, 9:06 am, "Dominic T." wrote:
On Apr 23, 8:22 am, wrote:

Ill bet I bought more tea at Teavana than you. I cant pass up a tea
store good or bad. Ill probably go back and buy their doubled walled
glass matcha bowl for $10. Ill pass on the whisk which cost $$$
extra. The newest Teavana is in one of the malls of the national
corporation that just went bankrupt. Interesting what will happen to
the residential community that specifically incorporated into a city
and annexed the mall so they could obtain the sales tax in lieu of
residential property tax. I wont name the group who thought this one
up but they had some kutzpah.


Jim


PS I can explain the disgruntled male employee who couldnt make sales
quota. The two in my area would give Hooters a run for their money.


I gave it a shot too (twice actually not including the numerous tea
gifts people are sure I will love from there)... I have a similar
problem passing up any tea. I think that article was written by a
female, but I have no way of knowing her assets. See something like a
$10 matcha bowl intrigues me too, but I just won't do it for a couple
reasons: The main one is that the employee who sells you that bowl
sans expensive whisk or matcha powder is going to take a hit for it
(I've worked retail, so even though some may think I'm so pompous it
couldn't be further from the truth, and "attachment rate" or whatever
the store calls it when an associate doesn't sell accessories - which
is where the markup is - stats suffer and pressure is poured on.) the
second is that my teaware all has a story or an adventure behind it
which is what makes it special, having something from a place I
despise and know fully well is exploiting both tea and workers doesn't
exactly lend itself to a peacful mood and enjoyment for me.

I've said it before and saying it again, everyone is entitled to
differing opinions/outlooks/etc. some may have no moral issue with
shopping at Teavana... that's fine, my only aim is to inform people
about what may or may not be happening there. I believe that post from
the worker was most likely quite accurate and while not all Teavana's
fault, most is and most is not in the spirit of why we drink tea. Now,
I'm off to brew some of the finest Gyokuro in a gold chalice just to
toss it out on lesser passerby.

- Dominic



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017