FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Mixed Assam Estates tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/166300-mixed-assam-estates-tea.html)

toci 01-01-2009 04:11 PM

Mixed Assam Estates tea

Mixed Assam Estates is an okay replacement for my Malawi (which was in
turn a good enough replacement for Assam.) At three minutes brewing
time, it's too bitter; I'll ease up for next time. It's malty in dry
and wet fragrance and hard to taste over the bitterness in the cup.
Toci

toci 05-01-2009 05:55 PM

Mixed Assam Estates tea

On Jan 1, 10:11*am, toci > wrote:
> Mixed Assam Estates is an okay replacement for my Malawi (which was in
> turn a good enough replacement for Assam.) *At three minutes brewing
> time, it's too bitter; I'll ease up for next time. *It's malty in dry
> and wet fragrance and hard to taste over the bitterness in the cup.
> Toci

I've given this the same treatment I gave the Assam fannings- 60 to 80
seconds brewing time for the first cup and the rest of the morning for
the dregs cup. This makes the first cup toasty and roasty- a good
wake-up tea, The dregs cup has the bitterness, but I like that for
late morning. Toci