Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Second attempt on Malawi

This time I brewed it two minutes instead of the suggested three, and
it came out much better- that is, less bitter. The second steeping
was more substantial, too. though it had more of the grapefruit seeds
and acorn taste in it. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article >,
toci > wrote:
>This time I brewed it two minutes instead of the suggested three, and
>it came out much better- that is, less bitter. The second steeping
>was more substantial, too. though it had more of the grapefruit seeds
>and acorn taste in it. Toci

If this is the Upton's _Malawi BOP_, it's indeed pretty finely ground to
speed up the steeping. I suspect most of the folks drinking this are doing
so with milk, although I personally don't use the milk.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 23, 3:33*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> In article >,
>
> toci > wrote:
> >This time I brewed it two minutes instead of the suggested three, and
> >it came out much better- that is, less bitter. *The second steeping
> >was more substantial, too. though it had more of the grapefruit seeds
> >and acorn taste in it. * * Toci

> If this is the Upton's _Malawi BOP_, it's indeed pretty finely ground to
> speed up the steeping. *I suspect most of the folks drinking this are doing
> so with milk, although I personally don't use the milk.
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

I don't use milk. Yes, Upton's Malawi BOP. I've now tried a scant
teaspoon per 8 oz. mug, brewing one minute, and that's too weak. The
second steeping is about right, though. More like a grapefruit taste,
not too bitter. Toci

Malawi not good for iced tea Oregonian Haruspex Tea 0 23-10-2014 01:16 AM
Malawi iced tea toci Tea 0 07-07-2010 07:49 PM
Taming the wild Malawi toci Tea 17 07-11-2008 10:08 AM
Malawi and Java teas toci Tea 1 20-09-2008 02:17 PM
Malawi Teas Richard Chappell Tea 4 07-09-2007 09:26 AM