Member

Location: Stratford-upon-Avon
Default Unusual Tea

I've just started my own business selling loose leaf teas in Stratford-upon-Avon and want to expand the range over the next year - I'd love to hear ideas on possible new teas I can include

My current range can be seen at Bensons House of Tea, Stratford upon Avon.* A wide selection of Loose leaf teas

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Symon
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 22, 12:47*pm, Symonp05 > wrote:
> I've just started my own business selling loose leaf teas in
> Stratford-upon-Avon and want to expand the range over the next year -
> I'd love to hear ideas on possible new teas I can include
>
> My current range can be seen at 'Bensons House of Tea, Stratford upon
> Avon.* A wide selection of Loose leaf teas'
> (http://www.bensonstea.com)
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Symon
>
> --
> Symonp05

I might try some of your tea leaf later. I want to experience the
taste of all tea and learn more about the quality of the tea. I also
started selling green tea loose leaf with a new company that just form
last year of October. I have taste their tea for little over 3
months. I really stuck to the taste, but still open for other teas.
It might be something you look into. It's not much yet, it's not
officially launch yet.http://www.teakare.com/?site=seexiong

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 22, 6:47*pm, Symonp05 > wrote:
> I've just started my own business selling loose leaf teas in
> Stratford-upon-Avon and want to expand the range over the next year -
> I'd love to hear ideas on possible new teas I can include

Always good to have a new tea store on the block. Looking quickly at
your current offerings I would suggest you seek some more unusual and
exotic sources. The Ethical Tea Partnership from whom you buy are a
somewhat fuddy duddy group of tea merchants selling the same old
stuff. Why not try some teas from South America? - ethical and
organic artisanal teas from Bolivia and Guatemala. Hand made White
Teas from Africa that knock the spots off most China whites that get
through to Stratford-upon-Avon. The Kenyan whites are impressive, but
the Malawi whites are sublime - also hand made green teas from
Malawi. Then, in topical vein, introduce some hand made Georgian teas
(these are the exquisite teas the Georgians made at home while the
USSR ruined the industrial tea production). Further afield I would
suggest hand made black teas from Bangladesh, or some rare artisanal
teas from South India (tasting just like Darjeeling), or even green
and oolong examples from Hawaii. You could specilise in US grown teas
and add examples from South Carolina and from Washington State. Or
how about Australian grown Sencha?

Regular readers will know that as a technical consultant I have had a
hand in the gestation of some of these teas and a family connection
with their sale. Therefore, to maintain commercial neutrality, please
contact me off line for details of availability.

Nigel at Teacraft