Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tap Water VS Bottled Water

On Aug 10, 6:51*pm, SN wrote:

And filter your home air!... The moisture in the towel traps the most minute
particles that expensive filters miss.

Why? What is the benefit you're trying to achieve?

Umm clean bodies. Prevention against toxins is one of the healthiest
choices.

Cancer? ... Lung cancer has cigarette smoking as the cause of 90%

23,500 breaths we inhale each day!

you mean 14400-20160 ... lets just say 17280 for simplicity. You
obviously breathe more than normal adults. The theophylline sure is
doing a number on you... better check those levels before you
overdose.

23,500 was the number that I got. A little high ok.

You'd be surprised how much air can be made from so little water.
BTW this is how the earth got its air: water flowed onto lava.

rec.food.drink.tea = tea =/= (does not equal to) humidifiers, air
purifiers or lava.

I know. Can you find a healthy water thread for me. This thread is
getting lame responses now. TIA.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I wouldnt. Epidemiologically the countries that do drink tea and do
better in whatever health category you care to associate also are more
active than us and consume less junk food. The only thing we do
better is tap water. As I always say if drinking tea keeps me alive
another day longer it didnt cost me anything extra. All I know is if
you drink enough tea all at once youll drown.

Jim

PS On my last office visit the Doc said to be sure to drink a lot of
water to flush the kidneys with the new medication. I told her how
much tea I drank and she literally started to stammer saying something
about the chemical makeup of vegetable proteins. I could tell she was
caught off guard. I imagine she immediately got on the phone to the
pharmaceutical company and heard them stammer.

wrote:
....always boil water...
I drink tea daily for the health benefits. I've read a lot of negative
things about tea.

....for drinking tea...
Old 11-08-2008, 09:46 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 5:58*am, Space Cowboy wrote:
PS *On my last office visit the Doc said to be sure to drink a lot of
water to flush the kidneys with the new medication. *I told her how
much tea I drank and she literally started to stammer saying something
about the chemical makeup of vegetable proteins.

So how much tea do you consume? Everything has negatives. Tea is
prolly better for you overall than 90% of other beverages. The traces
of junk in tea is likely very trivial; however over consumption of the
cleanest water on earth is bad for you.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 12:08*pm, Derek wrote:
While intrepidly exploring the bowels of USENET on Sunday, August 10,
2008, rolled initiative and posted the following:

On Aug 10, 1:41*pm, wrote:

Oh yeah, make sure the air you breathe is clean. Very important. Live
upwind from cities. We must go gas-free. I hope gas climbs to $1000/
gallon to speed things along.

I feel compelled to delurk and counter this hope. At that cost for
fuel, water quality for tea won't matter as I won't be able to afford
the leaf. Not a lot of tea is grown in the US.

You've sidestepped my point. I'm actually with you. My hope is for gas
free ($0/gallon) vehicles to be mass marketted. Driving the cost of
gas up is the means for this goal. And it is already working. More
people drive hybrids today. Car companies are finally getting around
to being motivated to explore the idea of cranking out gas free cars.

And I seriously doubt that the claim can be substantiated that
schooners and tall ships will be able to replace existing fuel oil
cargo ships to the point that prices don't skyrocket.

Cars. Not ships. One step at a time. Cars pollute our surroundings
about a zillion times more than ships.

BTW this is how the earth got its air: water flowed onto lava. At
least that's my current personal view.

That gives you some H2 and some O. Now, where'd the N2, that makes up
78% of our atmosphere, come from?

Soil. Lava. God. Obviously one or more of these sources. Where else?
Where did anything come from?

Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

While intrepidly exploring the bowels of USENET on Monday, August 11,

On Aug 10, 1:41*pm, wrote:

Oh yeah, make sure the air you breathe is clean. Very important. Live
upwind from cities. We must go gas-free. I hope gas climbs to $1000/
gallon to speed things along.

I feel compelled to delurk and counter this hope. At that cost for
fuel, water quality for tea won't matter as I won't be able to afford
the leaf. Not a lot of tea is grown in the US.

You've sidestepped my point. I'm actually with you. My hope is for gas
free ($0/gallon) vehicles to be mass marketted. Driving the cost of
gas up is the means for this goal. And it is already working. More
people drive hybrids today. Car companies are finally getting around
to being motivated to explore the idea of cranking out gas free cars.

And, in the process, they pollute more - just not around here.
Electric vehicle production creates more waste, and more toxic waste,
than production of typical cars. The toxic production just tends to
happen "over there" rather than in our back yards.

I recognize that you've said "gas free," but I'm guessing you also
mean "zero emission vehicles" which rules out diesel as well. However,
electric cars won't take off unless supercapacitors replace batteries
so that the vehicle can be charged in the same amount of time it takes
to top off a tank.

(I'd like to have a nice little diesel that runs on switch grass bio
fuel, gets 70 miles to the gallon and is a lot of fun to drive,
myself. VW's going that direction.)

And I seriously doubt that the claim can be substantiated that
schooners and tall ships will be able to replace existing fuel oil
cargo ships to the point that prices don't skyrocket.

Cars. Not ships. One step at a time. Cars pollute our surroundings
about a zillion times more than ships.

Depends on where you live. Cargo ship in the LA/Long Beach area
produce about as much pollution each day as an oil refinery.

But you're missing the point. If gasoline is $1000 a gallon, it will
be because oil is similarly expensive. Now, if you want to mandate
nuclear powered cargo ships...

BTW this is how the earth got its air: water flowed onto lava. At
least that's my current personal view.

That gives you some H2 and some O. Now, where'd the N2, that makes up
78% of our atmosphere, come from?

Soil. Lava. God. Obviously one or more of these sources. Where else?
Where did anything come from?

Speaking of side-stepping... (heh.)

Beyond the ultimate source for matter in the universe, boiling H2O
will not produce nitrogen. Neither will it produce free standing
hydrogen or oxygen. Water hitting lava boils, it does not undergo
electrolysis.

The confluence of H2O and magma cannot have produced our atmosphere.

--
Derek

"The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." -- Samuel
McChord Crothers ("The Gentle Reader")
Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 2:23*pm, Derek wrote:
rolled initiative

don't we all bro

You've sidestepped my point. I'm actually with you. My hope is for gas
free *($0/gallon) vehicles to be mass marketted. Driving the cost of
gas up is the means for this goal. And it is already working. More
people drive hybrids today. Car companies are finally getting around
to being motivated to explore the idea of cranking out gas free cars.

And, in the process, they pollute more - just not around here.

B.S. propaganda. Electricity produces zero emmissions and nothing else
harmful to our environment. Should we ban electricity altogether??
Yike!

Electric vehicle production creates more waste, and more toxic waste,
than production of typical cars. The toxic production just tends to
happen "over there" rather than in our back yards.

Propaganda. You can't be this stupid?

I recognize that you've said "gas free," but I'm guessing you also
mean "zero emission vehicles" which rules out diesel as well.

That's a lofty goal. Reduction is also helpful.

And yes even diesels will peter out eventually, time allowed for
technology to adance. Get out of the fifties bro. Do you believe in
technological advances?

However,
electric cars won't take off unless supercapacitors replace batteries
so that the vehicle can be charged in the same amount of time it takes
to top off a tank.

I didn't say gas-free today did I. We need to generate serious
motivation today. Higher gas prices forcing people into hybrids is
one.

(I'd like to have a nice little diesel that runs on switch grass bio
fuel, gets 70 miles to the gallon and is a lot of fun to drive,
myself. VW's going that direction.)

And I seriously doubt that the claim can be substantiated that
schooners and tall ships will be able to replace existing fuel oil
cargo ships to the point that prices don't skyrocket.

Cars. Not ships. One step at a time. Cars pollute our surroundings
about a zillion times more than ships.

Depends on where you live.

Most of us live in cities. Don't know about you.

Cargo ship in the LA/Long Beach area
produce about as much pollution each day as an oil refinery.

Nope. Nice try. I've lived in LA for decades and you're wrong. Now in
the LB harbor
itself during busy hours you are right. There's plenty of air
pollution in non coastal cities and cities along the coast upwind from
the ocean. Many inland cities in China are grossly polluted .. not too
many land ships.

Auto emmisions are the main source of all air pollution simply due to
their numbers. Even factories pale in comparison. Ships are a joke in
comparison.

But you're missing the point. If gasoline is $1000 a gallon, it will
be because oil is similarly expensive. Now, if you want to mandate
nuclear powered cargo ships...

No. I made the first point that the goal is to be gas free. You
continue to duck the issue.

BTW this is how the earth got its air: water flowed onto lava. At
least that's my current personal view.

That gives you some H2 and some O. Now, where'd the N2, that makes up
78% of our atmosphere, come from?

Soil. Lava. God. Obviously one or more of these sources. Where else?
Where did anything come from?

Speaking of side-stepping... (heh.)

No, that was just a response to a question you asked. What's your IQ?

Beyond the ultimate source for matter in the universe, boiling H2O
will not produce nitrogen. Neither will it produce free standing
hydrogen or oxygen. Water hitting lava boils, it does not undergo
electrolysis.

Jeeze, what happens to water when it is heated? It turns into air. So
what do you think when water hits lava, it freezes? Low IQ points
again.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 4:46 pm, wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:58 am, Space Cowboy wrote:

PS On my last office visit the Doc said to be sure to drink a lot of
water to flush the kidneys with the new medication. I told her how
much tea I drank and she literally started to stammer saying something
about the chemical makeup of vegetable proteins.

So how much tea do you consume? Everything has negatives. Tea is
prolly better for you overall than 90% of other beverages. The traces
of junk in tea is likely very trivial; however over consumption of the
cleanest water on earth is bad for you.

I'd say it's probably not best to feed the trolls... but sometimes
it's just hard to pass up the opportunity to poke one with a pointy
stick a couple times. Don't feed them past midnight or get them wet
either.

- Me
Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 8:24 pm, "Dominic T." wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:46 pm, wrote:

On Aug 11, 5:58 am, Space Cowboy wrote:

PS On my last office visit the Doc said to be sure to drink a lot of
water to flush the kidneys with the new medication. I told her how
much tea I drank and she literally started to stammer saying something
about the chemical makeup of vegetable proteins.

So how much tea do you consume? Everything has negatives. Tea is
prolly better for you overall than 90% of other beverages. The traces
of junk in tea is likely very trivial; however over consumption of the
cleanest water on earth is bad for you.

I'd say it's probably not best to feed the trolls... but sometimes
it's just hard to pass up the opportunity to poke one with a pointy
stick a couple times. Don't feed them past midnight or get them wet
either.

- Me

heh, see I try to even get involved with trolls and I end up replying
to the wrong post. I meant to reply to Space Cowboy not you steve, you
are in fact the very troll I was speaking of... so don't get your
hopes up that I was on your side. I firmly believe you are either bat
shiat crazy or just a PITA.

- Me again
Old 12-08-2008, 01:46 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 5:27*pm, "Dominic T." wrote:

heh, see I try to even get involved with trolls and I end up replying
to the wrong post. I meant to reply to Space Cowboy not you steve, you
are in fact the very troll I was speaking of... so don't get your
hopes up that I was on your side. I firmly believe you are either bat
shiat crazy or just a PITA.

- Me again- Hide quoted text -

Care to elaborate or just troll?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:47 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

While intrepidly exploring the bowels of USENET on Monday, August 11,
2008, rolled initiative and posted the following:

On Aug 11, 2:23*pm, Derek wrote:
rolled initiative

don't we all bro

You've sidestepped my point. I'm actually with you. My hope is for gas
free *($0/gallon) vehicles to be mass marketted. Driving the cost of
gas up is the means for this goal. And it is already working. More
people drive hybrids today. Car companies are finally getting around
to being motivated to explore the idea of cranking out gas free cars.

And, in the process, they pollute more - just not around here.

B.S. propaganda. Electricity produces zero emmissions and nothing else
harmful to our environment. Should we ban electricity altogether??
Yike!

Yes. We should all go back to wooden cards with stone wheels pulled by
oxen. Once we get rid of the cars, the methane emissions from the oxen
won't appreciably add to our pollution footprints.

Electric vehicle production creates more waste, and more toxic waste,
than production of typical cars. The toxic production just tends to
happen "over there" rather than in our back yards.

Propaganda. You can't be this stupid?

I have not been drinking the Flavor-Aid, thank you very much.

It was Guiness.

I recognize that you've said "gas free," but I'm guessing you also
mean "zero emission vehicles" which rules out diesel as well.

That's a lofty goal. Reduction is also helpful.

And yes even diesels will peter out eventually, time allowed for
technology to adance. Get out of the fifties bro. Do you believe in
technological advances?

No. I refuse to believe in technical advances. They are an abomination
that should be erased from the face of the planet.

However,
electric cars won't take off unless supercapacitors replace batteries
so that the vehicle can be charged in the same amount of time it takes
to top off a tank.

I didn't say gas-free today did I. We need to generate serious
motivation today. Higher gas prices forcing people into hybrids is
one.

Only the rich. The poor won't be able to afford them, and so they'll
sell their young into servitude to pay the winter heating bills.

(I'd like to have a nice little diesel that runs on switch grass bio
fuel, gets 70 miles to the gallon and is a lot of fun to drive,
myself. VW's going that direction.)

And I seriously doubt that the claim can be substantiated that
schooners and tall ships will be able to replace existing fuel oil
cargo ships to the point that prices don't skyrocket.

Cars. Not ships. One step at a time. Cars pollute our surroundings
about a zillion times more than ships.

Depends on where you live.

You call this living?

Cargo ship in the LA/Long Beach area
produce about as much pollution each day as an oil refinery.

Nope. Nice try. I've lived in LA for decades and you're wrong. Now in
the LB harbor
itself during busy hours you are right. There's plenty of air
pollution in non coastal cities and cities along the coast upwind from
the ocean. Many inland cities in China are grossly polluted .. not too
many land ships.

Auto emmisions are the main source of all air pollution simply due to
their numbers. Even factories pale in comparison. Ships are a joke in
comparison.

I don't disagree. But ships also pollute our oceans poisoning our
fisheries. But, then, when we can't afford to ship them into the
middle of the continent, that won't affect me much.

But you're missing the point. If gasoline is $1000 a gallon, it will
be because oil is similarly expensive. Now, if you want to mandate
nuclear powered cargo ships...

No. I made the first point that the goal is to be gas free. You
continue to duck the issue.

I'm not ducking it. I'm goosing it.

BTW this is how the earth got its air: water flowed onto lava. At
least that's my current personal view.

That gives you some H2 and some O. Now, where'd the N2, that makes up
78% of our atmosphere, come from?

Soil. Lava. God. Obviously one or more of these sources. Where else?
Where did anything come from?

Speaking of side-stepping... (heh.)

No, that was just a response to a question you asked. What's your IQ?

High enough to recognize that ad hominem attacks are a loser's gambit.

Beyond the ultimate source for matter in the universe, boiling H2O
will not produce nitrogen. Neither will it produce free standing
hydrogen or oxygen. Water hitting lava boils, it does not undergo
electrolysis.

Jeeze, what happens to water when it is heated? It turns into air. So
what do you think when water hits lava, it freezes? Low IQ points
again.

Oh, please forgive me. How could I ever have confused STEAM for AIR?

--
Derek

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it
today." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 8:46 pm, wrote:
Care to elaborate or just troll?

Nah, I'm just a troll 'round here. The most elaborate troll ever, I
reel 'em in with years of topical posts and then bust out the real
inner troll. They never see it comin', just like the Spanish
Inquisition!

- Dominic
Old 12-08-2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

While intrepidly exploring the bowels of USENET on Monday, August 11,
2008, Dominic T. rolled initiative and posted the following:

On Aug 11, 8:46 pm, wrote:
Care to elaborate or just troll?

Nah, I'm just a troll 'round here. The most elaborate troll ever, I
reel 'em in with years of topical posts and then bust out the real
inner troll. They never see it comin', just like the Spanish
Inquisition!

- Dominic

You know, Dominic. It's those topical posts that really add the
flourish to your trolling.

--
Derek

There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams,
except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but
in the ocean of reality.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 5:47*pm, Derek wrote:
Yes. We should all go back to wooden cards with stone wheels pulled by
oxen. Once we get rid of the cars, the methane emissions from the oxen
won't appreciably add to our pollution footprints.

Throw away technology and go back to oxen eh?

Trollisms snipped.

Derek

Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 11, 8:46 pm, wrote:
Care to elaborate or just troll?

Nah, I'm just a troll 'round here. The most elaborate troll ever, I
reel 'em in with years of topical posts and then bust out the real
inner troll. They never see it comin', just like the Spanish
Inquisition!

- Dominic

You know, Dominic. It's those topical posts that really add the
flourish to your trolling.

--
Derek

There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams,
except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but
in the ocean of reality.

Nice discussion meltdown today. Full moon? Close.