Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea

Tea (to borrow a catchphrase) does a body good. While some marketers
tend to place undue emphasis on just how much good tea can do us,
there's compelling evidence nonetheless to show that it can benefit
our health on a number of fronts. Here are some of the potential
benefits we've examined thus far at the Twinings Tea Blog.

1. Heart Health

Have a healthy heart. It's a goal all of us should pursue and if
a number of studies on the matter are any indication, tea might help.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...-Healthy-Heart

2. Weight Loss

There are several studies that indicate that tea may play a role
in weight loss.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...in-Weight-Loss

3. Diabetes

Research has indicated that green, black and oolong tea may all
help protect against diabetes.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...hting-Diabetes

4. Alzheimer's
Evidence this far shows promise for tea and tea extracts in the
battle against Alzheimer's.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nst-Alzheimers

5. Lung Cancer

The health problems posed by tobacco smoking are surely no
secret to anyone these days. What probably isn't so well known is that
tea may help guard against lung cancer.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nd-Lung-Cancer

6. Cholesterol

There are no shortage of claims for the many potential health
benefits drinking tea can provide, including the possibility that it
may lower your cholesterol level.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...er-Cholesterol

7. Osteoporosis

For tea drinkers, there may be benefits related to osteoporosis,
according to a number of research studies.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...t-Osteoporosis

8. Parkinson's Disease

For Parkinson's sufferers, the possibility that tea may help
fight the disease can only come as welcome news.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...insons-Disease

9. Prostate Cancer

It's probably fair to conclude that drinking a couple cups of
tea a day is not a bad way to help guard against prostate cancer.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...rostate-Cancer

10. Stress

Tea might possess qualities that help reduce stress and aid in
relaxation.
http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...ote-Relaxation
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:42:14 -0700 (PDT), Dennis Pang
> wrote:

>Tea (to borrow a catchphrase) does a body good. While some marketers
>tend to place undue emphasis on just how much good tea can do us,
>there's compelling evidence nonetheless to show that it can benefit
>our health on a number of fronts. Here are some of the potential
>benefits we've examined thus far at the Twinings Tea Blog.
>
> 1. Heart Health
>
> Have a healthy heart. It's a goal all of us should pursue and if
>a number of studies on the matter are any indication, tea might help.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...-Healthy-Heart
>
> 2. Weight Loss
>
> There are several studies that indicate that tea may play a role
>in weight loss.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...in-Weight-Loss
>
> 3. Diabetes
>
> Research has indicated that green, black and oolong tea may all
>help protect against diabetes.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...hting-Diabetes
>
> 4. Alzheimer's
> Evidence this far shows promise for tea and tea extracts in the
>battle against Alzheimer's.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nst-Alzheimers
>
> 5. Lung Cancer
>
> The health problems posed by tobacco smoking are surely no
>secret to anyone these days. What probably isn't so well known is that
>tea may help guard against lung cancer.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...nd-Lung-Cancer
>
> 6. Cholesterol
>
> There are no shortage of claims for the many potential health
>benefits drinking tea can provide, including the possibility that it
>may lower your cholesterol level.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...er-Cholesterol
>
> 7. Osteoporosis
>
> For tea drinkers, there may be benefits related to osteoporosis,
>according to a number of research studies.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...t-Osteoporosis
>
> 8. Parkinson's Disease
>
> For Parkinson's sufferers, the possibility that tea may help
>fight the disease can only come as welcome news.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...insons-Disease
>
> 9. Prostate Cancer
>
> It's probably fair to conclude that drinking a couple cups of
>tea a day is not a bad way to help guard against prostate cancer.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...rostate-Cancer
>
> 10. Stress
>
> Tea might possess qualities that help reduce stress and aid in
>relaxation.
>http://www.twinings.ca/?q=blog/2008/...ote-Relaxation

Another benefit might be providing a "social institution," where even
national characteristics are involved. Some countries have tea
houses, as others have coffee houses. In Europe, some countries are
associated with a tea type, like English, Irish, and Scottish. British
have conventions involving "high tea", tea break, what constitutes a
silver tea service, the mug of tea available to workers and victims
during an emergency, etc.. bookburn

Health Benefits tan Recipes 1 21-08-2011 07:24 AM
Health Benefits st.helier[_1_] Wine 4 24-08-2008 07:50 AM
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea Dennis[_6_] Tea 20 12-07-2008 02:39 AM
Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea Dennis Pang Tea 0 07-07-2008 07:51 PM
Health Benefits Gadfly Barbecue 2 28-03-2004 06:51 AM