Tea (rec.drink.tea) Discussion relating to tea, the world's second most consumed beverage (after water), made by infusing or boiling the leaves of the tea plant (C. sinensis or close relatives) in water.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 34
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

has anyone seen second flush 2008 on sale yet ?

al
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 182
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

On 14 Jun, 14:11, wrote:
> has anyone seen second flush 2008 on sale yet ?
>
> al


What? Still seeking Second Flush? get out there and shout for the
Third Flush, quick, quick . . .

Nigel at Teacraft
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 34
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

looking for 2nd flush darjeeling.

or r u trying to say, be satisfied, and try not to rush the seasons ?
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

On Jun 15, 3:11*am, wrote:
> looking for 2nd flush darjeeling.
>
> or r u trying to say, be satisfied, and try not to rush the seasons ?


Second Flush starts technically with the onset of fresh vegetative
growth following the short period of dormancy. Second Flush lasts
anywhere between Mid May to Mid June, there after the rains overlap
and it becomes a mix Second Flush and so called Rains Flush, or the
"third flush". Yet, the Second Flush charecteristics may continue to
show in random lots right upto August, depending upon weather.

As for this season 2008, it started a little early, and rains have
begun.... there's a lot of Good teas being knocked down at the
auctions ... so, like the previous advice, get out there quick.

Tea Cheers!
Jayesh S Pandya
teaunlimited.blogspot.com
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

On Jun 15, 12:34*pm, teapandya > wrote:
> On Jun 15, 3:11*am, wrote:
>
> > looking for 2nd flush darjeeling.

>
> > or r u trying to say, be satisfied, and try not to rush the seasons ?

>
> Second Flush starts technically with the onset of fresh vegetative
> growth following the short period of dormancy. Second Flush lasts
> anywhere between Mid May to Mid June, there after the rains overlap
> and it becomes a mix Second Flush and *so called Rains Flush, or the
> "third flush". Yet, the Second Flush charecteristics may continue to
> show in random lots right upto August, depending upon weather.
>
> As for this season 2008, it started a little early, and rains have
> begun.... *there's a lot of Good teas being knocked down at the
> auctions ... so, like the previous advice, get out there quick.
>
> Tea Cheers!
> Jayesh S Pandya
> teaunlimited.blogspot.com


as far as darjeeling and assam 2nd flush teas are concerned - they
have just started to come on offer in private sales and they should be
available on several sites by the end of june. i think you should wait
till early july before taking a decision to choose your 2nd flush
teas.

quantity of darjeeling premium 2nd flush is very limited this year due
to the upsetting pattern of rains and the unrest in the hills because
of the current political scenario.

regards
ankit


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default 2008 second flush ? on sale anywhere?

2nd flush 2008 already out on sites, i don't want to recommend you
direct links here, but googling with the keywords "second flush
darjeeling" got me a lot of links. very good teas. quality is good.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
darjeeling tea 1st Flush 2008- crop delay [email protected] Tea 3 06-03-2008 05:51 AM
1st Flush 2008 darjeeling teas! [email protected] Tea 4 28-02-2008 04:41 PM
2008 new year,2008 new business, 2008 new life, much cheap and beautiful product will help you which r u like ? [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-01-2008 05:50 PM
2008 new year,2008 new business, 2008 new life, much cheap andbeautiful product will help you [email protected] General Cooking 0 07-01-2008 05:57 PM
(2008-01-01) First survey on the RFC site for 2008: SPAM (tm) - Loveit or hate it ChattyCathy General Cooking 8 02-01-2008 06:12 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"