Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default pu-erh , spring 2006, pressed 2007

i have been reading a book on tea, and i thought i understood pu-erh.

i thought for ripe they fermented and cooked the tea, then made cakes
over a couple days. this ripe tea desciption below shows it was at
least 10 months from picking to being pressed into cakes. i thought
the fermentation was a couple days only.

thx for helping a newbie,
al

2007 Yong De * Certified Organic Ripe Pu-erh tea * 357 grams

The 2006 version of this tea from the Yong De Zi Yu tea factory has
become one of my favorite teas. I would offer it to my dear
customers, but I am keeping it for myself. That being said, I am
excited to offer the 2007 version of this tea, but this time it has
been certified organic by COFCC. This tea is special because instead
of using inferior summer harvest Pu-erh for fermentation, instead
first flush spring material was used. In this case the raw material
is Spring 2006, and pressed in 2007. Aromatic and satisfying!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 4, 5:20*am, wrote:
> i have been reading a book on tea, and i thought i understood pu-erh.
>
> i thought for ripe they fermented and cooked the tea, then made cakes
> over a couple days. this ripe tea desciption below shows it was at
> least 10 months from picking to being pressed into cakes. i thought
> the fermentation was a couple days only.
>
> thx for helping a newbie,
> al
>
> 2007 Yong De * Certified Organic Ripe Pu-erh tea * 357 grams
>
> The 2006 version of this tea from the Yong De Zi Yu tea factory has
> become one of my favorite teas. *I would offer it to my dear
> customers, but I am keeping it for myself. *That being said, I am
> excited to offer the 2007 version of this tea, but this time it has
> been certified organic by COFCC. *This tea is special because instead
> of using inferior summer harvest Pu-erh for fermentation, instead
> first flush spring material was used. *In this case the raw material
> is Spring 2006, and pressed in 2007. *Aromatic and satisfying!

Hi al,

Depending on the level of cook-ness desired, cooked pu-erh can take
between days 2 weeks 2 be processed. Once processed, these maocha can
take between days 2 months 2 be pressed in2 shapes. The same goes 4
sheng pu-erh, tho 4 reasons of economy, factories usually let maocha
lie around 4 long.

If 1 is 2 believe everything that is written in a book, there is no
need 4 former education; worst if 1 is 2 believe in the complete
knowledge of a writer in the subject matter, or the highly colored
blurb of a vendor.

I just learnt 2day from the literature printed on a wooden box
containing 100g of pu-erh in Fortnam & Mason, of the following:

"It is reported that troops of Kublai Khan introduced Pu-erh to
the rest of China on the basis of its reputed medicinal values. These
days it graces many a stately pleasure dome, where those not
accustomed to its distinct taste may find its earthly and matured
character almost elemental."

Mind u, that's from Fortnam & Mason, the grand duke of purveyors of
fine teas from London! Kublai Khan ruled China in the 13th century, pu-
erh was 1st recorded in books in Tang dynasty...& I wonder which
pleasure dome has a jar of peaty pu-erh.

Kevo
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Hi al,
>
> ...factories usually [dont] let maocha lie around 4 long.

Ma mistake...Kevo
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> If 1 is 2 believe everything that is written in a book, there is no
> need 4 former education; worst if 1 is 2 believe in the complete
> knowledge of a writer in the subject matter, or the highly colored
> blurb of a vendor.

You will not believe, but here in Slovakia are people who write in
such idiotic way and they believe that they are cool, too. Most of
them is between 10-18.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 7, 3:41*pm, Balt > wrote:
> > If 1 is 2 believe everything that is written in a book, there is no
> > need 4 former education; worst if 1 is 2 believe in the complete
> > knowledge of a writer in the subject matter, or the highly colored
> > blurb of a vendor.

> You will not believe, but here in Slovakia are people who write in
> such idiotic way and they believe that they are cool, too. Most of
> them is between 10-18.

Here we are cool fools at 80 even!

Kapcsandy Wines 2006 and 2007 Dick N Wine 4 27-08-2010 03:11 AM
2007 Guado al Tasso Rosato &2006 Fevre Bi!! Wine 0 13-05-2009 02:36 PM
Spring 2007 Greens Studio271 Tea 7 05-04-2007 11:11 AM
Spring 2006 Wen Shan Bao Zhong Shen Tea 2 19-12-2006 04:42 PM
Spring/Summer Wine Dinners 2006 [email protected] Wine 0 08-02-2006 05:42 PM