Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Dan Congs - Your Favourite Oolong? From Where and Why?

Okay. I've gone full-tilt-bozo for Dan Congs lately, especially Feng
Huang Dan Cong from Teaspring.
I'm wondering what everyone else likes or dislikes about the Dan Congs
and from where and what flavour prominence you prefer - vendor,
Taiwan, Fujian??? Peachy? Orchidy? Toasty?
Shen
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

i only had 2 DC from ZGC and i like them very much,
one is "Mi Lan Xiang" flavors ~ flowery-melon?-citrusy, very nice and
crisp,
this one makes me smile every time

other is "Yu Lan Xiang Cha" ~ similar, but maybe more towards lemon?

not roasted or toasted

they last for many infusions, even if not careful and over-infused i
still like it with all its "astringency"
dislike that the mi lan xiang costs a bit much for me
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 22, 11:39 am, Shen > wrote:
> Okay. I've gone full-tilt-bozo for Dan Congs lately, especially Feng
> Huang Dan Cong from Teaspring.
> I'm wondering what everyone else likes or dislikes about the Dan Congs
> and from where and what flavour prominence you prefer - vendor,
> Taiwan, Fujian??? Peachy? Orchidy? Toasty?
> Shen

Shui Xian, hands down. I always liked it but until I tried a few
unique ones I was never so hooked. Highly roasted, better still double
roasted and fresh. It is a bit peachy with hints of charcoal/raisin
and I absolutely love it.

Dan Cong I can take or leave. The peachy-er ones I like more the
orchidy ones not so much. I don't like the green oolongs and flowery
ones and I have come to totally despise Oriental beauty. Any more I
rarely stray from a good Shui Xian, and I don't see that changing any
time soon. I do like the Feng Huang though and if I do venture out
past the Shui Xian it's to that.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 22, 2:17 pm, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Feb 22, 11:39 am, Shen > wrote:
>
> > Okay. I've gone full-tilt-bozo for Dan Congs lately, especially Feng
> > Huang Dan Cong from Teaspring.
> > I'm wondering what everyone else likes or dislikes about the Dan Congs
> > and from where and what flavour prominence you prefer - vendor,
> > Taiwan, Fujian??? Peachy? Orchidy? Toasty?
> > Shen

> Shui Xian, hands down. I always liked it but until I tried a few
> unique ones I was never so hooked. Highly roasted, better still double
> roasted and fresh. It is a bit peachy with hints of charcoal/raisin
> and I absolutely love it.
>
> Dan Cong I can take or leave. The peachy-er ones I like more the
> orchidy ones not so much. I don't like the green oolongs and flowery
> ones and I have come to totally despise Oriental beauty. Any more I
> rarely stray from a good Shui Xian, and I don't see that changing any
> time soon. I do like the Feng Huang though and if I do venture out
> past the Shui Xian it's to that.
>
> - Dominic

I've had two aged Dan Congs from Imen (of Tea Obsession) that I really
loved: a 1997 Honey Orchid a 1994. Both were fairly rich and floral,
as well as extremely soothing. The 07 Honey Orchid is affordable and
excellent.

Cheers,
Dave
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 22, 5:39*pm, Shen > wrote:
> Okay. I've gone full-tilt-bozo for Dan Congs lately, especially Feng
> Huang Dan Cong from Teaspring.
> I'm wondering what everyone else likes or dislikes about the Dan Congs
> and from where and what flavour prominence you prefer - vendor,
> Taiwan, Fujian??? Peachy? Orchidy? Toasty?
> Shen

Try either Teahabitat (http://tea-obsession.blogspot.com/2008/01/
current-stocks-of-phoenix-dan-cong.html) and Jing Teashop (http://
www.jingteashop.com/cat_feng.cfm)

Also some DanCong reviews are here
http://tuochatea.blogspot.com/search...x%20Dan%20Cong

Tomas

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 22, 11:39*am, Shen > wrote:
> Okay. I've gone full-tilt-bozo for Dan Congs lately, especially Feng
> Huang Dan Cong from Teaspring.
> I'm wondering what everyone else likes or dislikes about the Dan Congs
> and from where and what flavour prominence you prefer - vendor,
> Taiwan, Fujian??? Peachy? Orchidy? Toasty?
> Shen

I can only do dancongs in small doses, and usually only of the heavily
roasted variety. They're fragrant.... but after a while, I just can't
stomach the fragrance. I much prefer a deeper and sweeter Wuyi than
the rather one-dimensional dancong....

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Favourite Tea jsjohnsmith Tea 26 24-01-2014 09:49 AM
Dan Congs considered bitter? Rainy Tea 5 11-10-2008 03:49 AM
my favourite bbq Peek Oil Barbecue 0 27-05-2008 10:13 PM
Wu Yi Yan Cha Bing - A Lush Oolong! And The Smoothest Nai Xiang (milk) Oolong! Shen[_2_] Tea 12 20-01-2008 10:27 PM
Favourite rub biig General Cooking 33 10-07-2006 06:21 AM