Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea for children

Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
benefits.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 17, 3:39*pm, HotForTea > wrote:
> Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
> seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
> benefits.

I wouldn't give a child any tea with caffeine. Some tisanes that
children have drunk include peppermint, ginger, chamomile, hibiscus.
Maybe check with a doctor to make sure it's okay? Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Check with a doctor by all means but, from my casual observation in
the USA and elsewhere around the world, children are exposed long
before the age of five to massive and frequent imbibition of highly
caffeinated and super caloric cola drinks. Substitution with
moderately caffeinated tea would certainly be a move in the right
direction, I believe. Tea, including its caffeine, has GRAS status
based on 5,000 years of drinking history, and I had no qualms in
introducing it, reasonably diluted, to my children from an early
age.

Nigel at Teacraft

On Feb 17, 9:51*pm, toci > wrote:
> On Feb 17, 3:39*pm, HotForTea > wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> > of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea.

> I wouldn't give a child any tea with caffeine. *
> Maybe check with a doctor to make sure it's okay? * * Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 17 Feb, 22:39, HotForTea > wrote:
> Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
> seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
> benefits.

The children of my best friend (3 and 5 years) drink "normal" tea a
few times a week and seem entirely happy with it. But if the caffeine
content concerns you you might want to start out with teas that
naturally contain a lower amount of caffeine, such as Kukicha and
Houjicha, and to some extent, white tea, oolong and Genmaicha.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hyllan wrote:
> On 17 Feb, 22:39, HotForTea > wrote:
>> Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
>> of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
>> seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
>> benefits.

> The children of my best friend (3 and 5 years) drink "normal" tea a
> few times a week and seem entirely happy with it. But if the caffeine
> content concerns you you might want to start out with teas that
> naturally contain a lower amount of caffeine, such as Kukicha and
> Houjicha, and to some extent, white tea, oolong and Genmaicha.

White tea? Uh oh... *ducks*

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 18, 2:20*pm, Nigel > wrote:
> Check with a doctor by all means but, from my casual observation in
> the USA and elsewhere around the world, children are exposed long
> before the age of five to massive and frequent imbibition of highly
> caffeinated and super caloric cola drinks. *Substitution with
> moderately caffeinated tea would certainly be a move in the right
> direction, I believe. *Tea, including its caffeine, has GRAS status
> based on 5,000 years of drinking history, and I had no qualms in
> introducing it, reasonably diluted, to my children from an early
> age.
>
> Nigel at Teacraft
>
> On Feb 17, 9:51*pm, toci > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 17, 3:39*pm, HotForTea > wrote:

> > > Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> > > of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea.

> > I wouldn't give a child any tea with caffeine. *
> > Maybe check with a doctor to make sure it's okay? * * Toci- Hide quoted text -

What Nigel has written, can be read as the bottom line. ... Tea,
including its caffeine, has GRAS status based on 5,000 years of
drinking history.......
On the Tea estates, workers drink more of Tea than normal water. They
even wash their muddy feet and hands with Tea water, which is provided
to them in 2000 Ltr. tanks. Beleive me, it keeps their skin healthy
and free from dermatological diorders.
Tea is safer than normal water. After all, what better way to
sterilize water than to boil it? In Tibet, China, Japan and many parts
of Russia too the major fluid intake of a person during the day is
that of Tea, and not normal water.
There are no medical indications either which suggest Tea Drinking to
be harmful at any age.
In fact, one of the greatest advantages of drinking tea is that ... It
does you no harm!
So, go right ahead, and Tea Cheers!
Jayesh S Pandya.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I highly recommend starting on a rooibos south african herbal tea. The
health benefits are very good for children as I have read many
positive reports on it,as well it carries no caffene which is
fantastic for hyper active children. It is available in many fun
flavors to and can be served hot or iced. It is a good starting point
to get children over to tea later . There is no astringency experience
with the drink
Maurice
Tea junctionq
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 17, 4:39*pm, HotForTea > wrote:
> Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
> seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
> benefits.

We have a "tea" which is acually a 100% dried fruit mixture. Steeped
just like tea (use almost boiling water for about 4 minutes) and you
end up with a healthy fruit tea which children should like. I have not
yet tried a second steeping, but I would think that should work fine.

Richard
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 22, 6:09*am, Richard > wrote:
> On Feb 17, 4:39*pm, HotForTea > wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have small children that drink tea? I drink several cups
> > of tea a day and I am trying to get my 5 year old to drink tea. It
> > seems many herbal teas are safe for children and may have some health
> > benefits.

> We have a "tea" which is acually a 100% dried fruit mixture. Steeped
> just like tea (use almost boiling water for about 4 minutes) and you
> end up with a healthy fruit tea which children should like. I have not
> yet tried a second steeping, but I would think that should work fine.
>
> Richard

you should not worry about your children, I think cafein in tea is too
small to affect HGH (coffee have too much) and green tea boost
metabolism, it is good to fight against obesity - thing affect
growing.

Hanie Tee
http://tea-and-tea.blogspot.com