Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea gardens in Fujian

I am planning a trip to Fujian, hopefully to get to Anxi county and
visit some place where tea is produced. I suppose this is not the
best season to go, but if I go now and get familiar with the area I
can find out all the right times to go back. I know there was one
person with named Shen who asked for advice on travel to China for tea
tourism. If you saw any nice tea gardens in Anxi or other places in
Fujian, please let me know.

I especially want to visit Tieguanyin gardens, but any information
would be great. If you know anything, please help
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Dec 6, 2:11 pm, Will > wrote:
> I am planning a trip to Fujian, hopefully to get to Anxi county and
> visit some place where tea is produced. I suppose this is not the
> best season to go, but if I go now and get familiar with the area I
> can find out all the right times to go back. I know there was one
> person with named Shen who asked for advice on travel to China for tea
> tourism. If you saw any nice tea gardens in Anxi or other places in
> Fujian, please let me know.
>
> I especially want to visit Tieguanyin gardens, but any information
> would be great. If you know anything, please help

Try Xiping, Xianghe and Gande. Autumn harvest is beginning of October
and spring harvest late April.

Let me know how it goes!

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Dec 6, 4:47 pm, juliantai > wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2:11 pm, Will > wrote:
>
> > I am planning a trip to Fujian, hopefully to get to Anxi county and
> > visit some place where tea is produced. I suppose this is not the
> > best season to go, but if I go now and get familiar with the area I
> > can find out all the right times to go back. I know there was one
> > person with named Shen who asked for advice on travel to China for tea
> > tourism. If you saw any nice tea gardens in Anxi or other places in
> > Fujian, please let me know.

> > I especially want to visit Tieguanyin gardens, but any information
> > would be great. If you know anything, please help

> Try Xiping, Xianghe and Gande. Autumn harvest is beginning of October
> and spring harvest late April.
>
> Let me know how it goes!
>
> Julianhttp://www.amazing-green-tea.com

Thanks a lot Julian. Do you know the address or numbers for these
places, or do you just say the name and ask people to take you there?
I was also wondering if you might know the chinese characters for
these names.

thanks again,
Will
http://amatuersdethechinois.blogspot.com
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Dec 9, 11:48 am, Will > wrote:
> On Dec 6, 4:47 pm, juliantai > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 6, 2:11 pm, Will > wrote:

> > > I am planning a trip to Fujian, hopefully to get to Anxi county and
> > > visit some place where tea is produced. I suppose this is not the
> > > best season to go, but if I go now and get familiar with the area I
> > > can find out all the right times to go back. I know there was one
> > > person with named Shen who asked for advice on travel to China for tea
> > > tourism. If you saw any nice tea gardens in Anxi or other places in
> > > Fujian, please let me know.

> > > I especially want to visit Tieguanyin gardens, but any information
> > > would be great. If you know anything, please help

> > Try Xiping, Xianghe and Gande. Autumn harvest is beginning of October
> > and spring harvest late April.

> > Let me know how it goes!

> > Julianhttp://www.amazing-green-tea.com

> Thanks a lot Julian. Do you know the address or numbers for these
> places, or do you just say the name and ask people to take you there?
> I was also wondering if you might know the chinese characters for
> these names.
>
> thanks again,
> Willhttp://amatuersdethechinois.blogspot.com

Will

The entire region there is devoted to tea growing. So you should be
very easily find a tea garden to visit when you get there. Whether you
will find authentic tea and trustworthy person to deal with, of
course, is another problem, so it may be a good idea to develop a
palate for the tea there before you visit, so that you can tell the
good from the bad (tourists are much more likely to fall prey in those
places, no matter what precautions you take).

I am now holiday-ing in Asia so I don't have access to Chinese
characters. Drop me an email and I will remember to give you the
chinese characters of this tea villages once I return back to UK.

Depending on where you are, the nearest cities are probably the like
of Fuzhou and Quanzhou.

All the best. It is very exciting.

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com

Ranee and anyone else who has patio or deck gardens and container gardens ImStillMags General Cooking 22 23-10-2011 07:21 AM
Summer Gardens Tara General Cooking 3 06-06-2011 12:12 AM
Fujian v Taiwan Milky Oolongs Space Cowboy Tea 0 01-11-2010 01:36 PM
export organic oolong tea Fujian Anxi in china Mr.wang lanter Tea 0 22-10-2004 06:38 AM
fujian teguanyin cmh Tea 0 20-03-2004 04:35 PM