Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default what is this white residue/dust in the tea liquor?

have a yunnan green, and leaf leaves behind an opaque liquor, with
many tiny white flakes & dust floating around.
most of it settles after 1 hour but liquor is still opaque...
maybe its pollen dust? (i hope)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

SN > wrote:
>have a yunnan green, and leaf leaves behind an opaque liquor, with
>many tiny white flakes & dust floating around.
>most of it settles after 1 hour but liquor is still opaque...
>maybe its pollen dust? (i hope)

It's more likely the little white hairs from the leaves. That is a good
sign.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Oct 23, 9:46 pm, SN > wrote:
> have a yunnan green, and leaf leaves behind an opaque liquor, with
> many tiny white flakes & dust floating around.
> most of it settles after 1 hour but liquor is still opaque...
> maybe its pollen dust? (i hope)

How much has the leaves unfurl? If the leaves are fully opened, they
can't be that young ...

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
contamination or who knows what!
whew!
i will drink it with no problem now!

heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
can see the leaf)
http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:
> great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> contamination or who knows what!
> whew!
> i will drink it with no problem now!
>
> heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
yours.
You may want to gently, quickly wash the leaves or use a luke warm
water.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen > writes:

> On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:
> > great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> > i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> > contamination or who knows what!
> > whew!
> > i will drink it with no problem now!
> >
> > heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> > can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

> That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
> This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
> yours.

Not small, perhaps - to be expected if it's the Yunnan large leaf
varietal - but buds nonetheless. You would expect the buds to have
opened after three steeps, after all. If you look carefully, the tips
are there in the image.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

On Oct 24, 4:57 am, Shen > wrote:
> On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:
>
> > great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> > i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> > contamination or who knows what!
> > whew!
> > i will drink it with no problem now!
> >
> > heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> > can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

> That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
> This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
> yours.
> You may want to gently, quickly wash the leaves or use a luke warm
> water.
> Shen

thats exactly the one

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Oct 24, 6:47 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Shen > writes:
> > On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:
> > > great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> > > i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> > > contamination or who knows what!
> > > whew!
> > > i will drink it with no problem now!
> > >
> > > heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> > > can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

> > That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
> > This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
> > yours.

> Not small, perhaps - to be expected if it's the Yunnan large leaf
> varietal - but buds nonetheless. You would expect the buds to have
> opened after three steeps, after all. If you look carefully, the tips
> are there in the image.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Yes, indeed. Old eyes.
I happen to absolutely LOVE this tea.
I bought some from Scott earlier in the year and have gifted it to
every dear friend, as well.
It's got a wonderful sweetness, not vegetal and somewhat floral.
It's resilient and holds up to multiple steepings very easily.
Nice to know someone else is savoring this tea!
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Oct 24, 10:26 am, SN > wrote:
> On Oct 24, 4:57 am, Shen > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:

> > > great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> > > i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> > > contamination or who knows what!
> > > whew!
> > > i will drink it with no problem now!
> > >
> > > heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> > > can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

> > That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
> > This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
> > yours.
> > You may want to gently, quickly wash the leaves or use a luke warm
> > water.
> > Shen

> thats exactly the one

BTW, I use cooler water on this one and let it steep longer. Seems to
bring out the flowery fruitiness.
Shen