Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default brewing loose leaf tea

I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries brewed
their teas. If they used infusers, if they brew the tea right in
their cup and drink it within a few minutes, if they used a tea kettle
and pour out all the tea at once, using tea balls, or mesh screens,
etc.

Thanks for answering.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:48:13 -0000, Tea Sunrise >
wrote:

>I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries
>brewed their teas.

I know of only very few people here who brew tea the way I do it. I
use a chinese clay tea pot and a german cotton filter.
When I think it has steeped long enough I take out the filter with the
tea. Generally I steep twice from the same leaves, sometimes adding a
little extra tea for the second steep.

Sweden is generally coffee territory and most of those who do drink
tea would use teabags. Twinings is very popular.

Lars
Stockholm
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 4, 9:48 am, Tea Sunrise > wrote:
> I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries brewed
> their teas.
> Thanks for answering.

As far as this group goes, the method of tea production is a matter of
personal choice. Most of the people here also vary thier methods
depending on the tea and the occassion. Gong Fu style seems to be
particularly popular, but it's hard to generalize for such a diverse
group. If you'll browse the group you will find discussions of many
different methods and materials, I know silver and glass have been
discussed, and yixing pots seem to come up frequently.

Most frequently I use a simple pot with the leaves in a mesh ball or
loose in the pot, again, it really depends on a lot of variables.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sep 4, 10:48 am, Tea Sunrise > wrote:
> I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries brewed
> their teas. If they used infusers, if they brew the tea right in
> their cup and drink it within a few minutes, if they used a tea kettle
> and pour out all the tea at once, using tea balls, or mesh screens,
> etc.
>
> Thanks for answering.

I'm not a country, just an individual. But Kansas City, Missouri, has
the best tap water in the country, and for all I know in the world. I
take a RevereWare pan, newly washed or used only for tea water, and
put seven or fourteen ounces of tap water in it. Bring water to
beginning to bubble for green tea or a rolling boil for black tea.
Put about a teaspoon of tea in an infusor and put infusor in an 8
ounce mug. Pour prepareed water in the infusor. Steep just under 3
minutes or whatever the directions say. Remove black tea infusor
and discard tea, or green tea infusor with tea and put in another mug
for later reinfusion. Do not adulterate prepared tea. Wait till it's
cool enough to drink and drink. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Depends on tea, mood, and if I´m alone or have guests.
When I´m alone I mostly use a small, old silver pot for all kinds of
black/red teas.
Oolongs frequently end up in a gaiwan or one of my Yixing pots, same
with Pu-Erhs.
No balls/filters/screens here.
When I have friends around and I´m in the right mood to produce a
decent mess I usually use an ugly big horkin´ mug with a strainer. For
larger parties clay or stoneware pots with cotton filters or a huge
thermos with mesh strainer.
I´m stuck in Eastfrisia/Germania and stopped doing Gong Fu for local
friends, since they refused to drink my oolongs without rock sugar and
cream.
Preparing tea in the traditional local style would involve some
Eastfrisean blend, heavy on strong, broken Assam, a ~1 qt metal pot, a
"stoevchen" to keep it warm, a set of tiny cups and spoons - not to
stir - an absolute nono - but to give signals to the host - all
rounded up with truckloads of rock sugar and preferably freshly
skimmed cream.

Karsten

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I don't know how they do it in Belgium, but I wrap the leaves in old undies.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

It took me the most of life to realize I can drink it off the top.

Jim

Tea Sunrise wrote:
> I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries brewed
> their teas. If they used infusers, if they brew the tea right in
> their cup and drink it within a few minutes, if they used a tea kettle
> and pour out all the tea at once, using tea balls, or mesh screens,
> etc.
>
> Thanks for answering.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Tea Sunrise > wrote in news:1188920893.323151.225350@
19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

Most often, I brew in a pint ceramic mug with a steel filter (one for
blacks, one for oolongs & greens). Sometimes, when wanting more cups from
the same infusion, in a bottom-of-the-line Chinese white teapot with a
separate plastic filter. In both cases heat the water in glass. I dare say
this is an odd brewing style, a mixture of the lazy and the scrupulous.

Ozzy
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Well if I am going to type this out it's gonna be very long entry, so
i will just keep it short. i brew my tea in various yixing teapots for
different types of tea. sometimes i also use a gaiwan small or big
depending i am brewing for myself only of with other guest.
Alternatively I use a modern smart teapot at work.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 9 4 , 8 48 , Tea Sunrise > wrote:
> I'm new to newsgroups and wanted to know how other countries brewed
> their teas. If they used infusers, if they brew the tea right in
> their cup and drink it within a few minutes, if they used a tea kettle
> and pour out all the tea at once, using tea balls, or mesh screens,
> etc.
>
> Thanks for answering.

Hi, Tea Sunrise,
It depends on what kind of tea you're brewing, generally speaking,
glassware suits all kinds of tea ( green, black, oolong, white, herb,
and others..) in a convenient way.

Popular teaware includes porcelain, Chinese clay teaware (such as
Yixing teapot), Japanese teaware (for Japanese green tea).

Glass teawa suits all kinds of teas.
Porcelain teawa suits all kinds of teas.
Chinese Clay teawa oolong, green, black teas, but not for "steamed
green tea" (eg. Japanese green tea: Matcha, Sencha...)
Japanese Clay teawa Japanese green tea

If you visit this blog by auraTeas, it got some interesting tea
brewing method
http://aurateas.blogspot.com/2007/08...-easy-way.html

and they also list suitable teaware for each of their teas with
brewing method.

Hope this helps.

oneone

Loose leaf-2-3 times use? RJP Tea 1 01-04-2006 02:06 AM
Loose leaf-2-3 times use? Scott Dorsey Tea 0 31-03-2006 04:50 AM
Loose leaf tea servings Linda Tea 13 05-02-2006 04:00 PM
want to see some "Loose-leaf" Pu-erh ? Tealover Tea 4 04-06-2004 03:42 PM
"Loose-leaf" Pu-erh?? Blair P. Houghton Tea 20 02-06-2004 03:40 PM