Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Sticker Shock

It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
previously around a buck and loose change.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 18, 11:10 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
> horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
> about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
> some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
> previously around a buck and loose change.
>
> Jim

I've got some TenRen Puer teabags you can have if you run out. The
tea tastes like a combination of library paste and (I imagine) flower
flavored cow manure. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> I've got some TenRen Puer teabags you can have if you run out. The
> tea tastes like a combination of library paste and (I imagine) flower
> flavored cow manure. Toci

So you're saying its pretty good puer

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > wrote:
>It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
>horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
>about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
>some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
>previously around a buck and loose change.

Wait until next spring when the next new thing is in and the masses will
have forgotten about Pu-Ehr. You'll see some desperate selling, and you
will see some of those "investment grade" old teas coming out of the closets
for good prices too.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Has anybody noticed a Puer price drop at the online sites like Yunnan
Sourcing or Dragon Tea House? I can't access TaoBao anymore with my
crappy internet connection.

Jim

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Space Cowboy > wrote:
> >It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
> >horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
> >about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
> >some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
> >previously around a buck and loose change.

> Wait until next spring when the next new thing is in and the masses will
> have forgotten about Pu-Ehr. You'll see some desperate selling, and you
> will see some of those "investment grade" old teas coming out of the closets
> for good prices too.
> --scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 20, 9:36 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Has anybody noticed a Puer price drop at the online sites like Yunnan
> Sourcing or Dragon Tea House? I can't access TaoBao anymore with my
> crappy internet connection.
>
> Jim
>

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > Space Cowboy > wrote:
> > >It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
> > >horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
> > >about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
> > >some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
> > >previously around a buck and loose change.

> > Wait until next spring when the next new thing is in and the masses will
> > have forgotten about Pu-Ehr. You'll see some desperate selling, and you
> > will see some of those "investment grade" old teas coming out of the closets
> > for good prices too.
> > --scott

> > --
> > "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."- Hide quoted text -

It's coming down -slowly but surely. Dragon Tea House has lowered some
of their prices, as has Scott at Yunnan Sourcing. Vendors here in the
states are mostly still selling at the high early summer prices. Jim
at Puer Shop is the lowest priced vendor of beengs right now.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I'm glad I got mine while it was cheap. I'm starting to sample
everything I have. There is no reason to preserve anything since the
hour glass could be half empty any minute for all I know
statistically.

Jim

PS My wife found a bike she can handle. I found a trail cutoff that
doesn't require me crossing a busy street to get to my local tea
shoppe. Double the panache.

Shen wrote:
> On Aug 20, 9:36 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> > Has anybody noticed a Puer price drop

> It's coming down -slowly but surely. Dragon Tea House has lowered some
> of their prices, as has Scott at Yunnan Sourcing. Vendors here in the
> states are mostly still selling at the high early summer prices. Jim
> at Puer Shop is the lowest priced vendor of beengs right now.
> Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Aug 20, 11:36 am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> Has anybody noticed a Puer price drop at the online sites like Yunnan
> Sourcing or Dragon Tea House? I can't access TaoBao anymore with my
> crappy internet connection.
>
> Jim
>

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > Space Cowboy > wrote:
> > >It's been nearly a year since I've looked at Puer prices. I hear the
> > >horror stories about the prices. My local Asian stores unstocked
> > >about six months ago even on the CNNP XiaGuan shu and sheng. I saw
> > >some yesterday, the 100g sheng and 250g shu was $7 which was always
> > >previously around a buck and loose change.

> > Wait until next spring when the next new thing is in and the masses will
> > have forgotten about Pu-Ehr. You'll see some desperate selling, and you
> > will see some of those "investment grade" old teas coming out of the closets
> > for good prices too.
> > --scott

> > --
> > "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."- Hide quoted text -

Upton seems to have kept their puehr prices the same, but expanded its
puehr product line. Toci

Sticker Shock Mark Thorson General Cooking 15 20-09-2012 12:00 AM
Sticker shock Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 04-09-2012 06:11 PM
Sticker shock Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 15 27-04-2012 04:29 PM
More Sticker Shock No Name General Cooking 36 02-06-2009 04:18 PM